What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

Thumper

Juniors
I
You know gagai was offered 400k to stay 1 year but left for the same money because he got a 3 year deal,that was a f**kup on our part becayse he would have stayed for 2year deal, he was last year newcastles best player and if we had him may have won 22
I actually think he was woeful for the knights last year. 80% tackle efficiency. Tass was 90%.
did nothing in origin and was only picked on reputation.

callmack1

Staff member
I beg to differ brother we pay overs take gagai we had to pry him loose with 750 a year, mansour was on 400k and was a passenger, if we give young 500 even 550 for a 20year old id pay it
Yea, I guess we did pay overs for some players like Gagai and Knight, maybe Mansour too. But I'm talking recently. The Reyno situation is a good example, we won't just cave into players demand at the detriment of the club.

If we were to get Young, the club 100% knows what it's doing, a lot better than any of us do and I trust that.

callmack1

Staff member
'Lacked respect' - NRL players launch explosive boycott in escalating war with NRL: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/ff8cef105025e5ca8fea344654d417d4

Okay, this is starting to get a bit ugly now and it's starting to get beyond ridiculous. I thought V'landys and Abdo had done a pretty good job in recent years, but the NRL has really, really dropped the ball on this one. When is someone gonna show some leadership?

callmack1

Staff member
'Won't cop it' - NRL bosses' radical transfer window proposal slammed as player strike left on table: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/684ff4690e434da65c877657bc62e80f

'They're f**king greedy' - Manly legend takes aim at League stars amid CBA war with NRL: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/cff00cd586205f296ada46dbe3e865be

Cricket star Usman Khawaja throws support behind Rugby League players threatening to strike: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/f9ddbf60a59d70ad08af6d6d8e0435f9

God, I can't wait til this is all over...

handyman2190

Bench
I hear the dogs have gone from paper bags to shopping bags.
How they can afford all these high priced players is beyong me.
And here we sit,happy with the team that didnt go all the way last year, ive said it before ill say it again, promoting from within is great but at least 1 or 2 new players to freshen the place up is important

Thumper

Juniors
And here we sit,happy with the team that didnt go all the way last year, ive said it before ill say it again, promoting from within is great but at least 1 or 2 new players to freshen the place up is important
This is the bulldogs way.
buy a team. Be good for a few years.
f**k the salary cap. Sell all the good players. Go back to being shit. Happens every 5 years.
Disagree about getting new players especially with the squad we have. The only team that has consistently troubles south's is Penrith and storm.
Penrith have lost 2 starting forwards. 2 Huge parts of their side. Storm have lost 4.
we have a team that knows the game plan. Are better prepared than the start of last season. Illias is a year older a year stronger a year further along with Cody and trell.

YouKnowImRight

Juniors

It’s not important at all if it’s just for the sake of it, we don’t require players, the dogs are at a completely different stage of development to what we are at & it’s great that the club are stable & not buying players because they think they have to, stability is the key to success & along with us there are 4 or 5 clubs that have stayed right out of the news the majority of the off season unless it’s been a few positives, one of those is our first round apponent, it always bides well if the media have nothing to stir up about the club

handyman2190

Bench
'UNITED' - Players take protests online in stoush with NRL over CBA mess: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/684ff4690e434da65c877657bc62e80f
Honestly this stance by tbe players is pure greed, players make alot more money than normal people some alot more,ok they provide entertainment for millions and get paid accordingly, we never can make what many of them make in our lifetime, even reservegraders are on 100plus k a year to train and keep fit and play 1ce a week,here we are working our rings off to barely make ends meet. The cap has gone to over 12m now they want endless looking after when they finish their carreer,only ones should be the injured or physically hurt that should be looked after, the rest should ,get a job, those kicking up the most trouble capewell walsh are nearing carreer end and want to milk the system.
Shut up and do ur job. I say

Thumper

Juniors
Honestly this stance by tbe players is pure greed, players make alot more money than normal people some alot more,ok they provide entertainment for millions and get paid accordingly, we never can make what many of them make in our lifetime, even reservegraders are on 100plus k a year to train and keep fit and play 1ce a week,here we are working our rings off to barely make ends meet. The cap has gone to over 12m now they want endless looking after when they finish their carreer,only ones should be the injured or physically hurt that should be looked after, the rest should ,get a job, those kicking up the most trouble capewell walsh are nearing carreer end and want to milk the system.
Shut up and do ur job. I say
You need to choose what information you are listening to. This has nothing to do with nrl players wanting more money. The cba was released without showing the players what was in it. A lot things they were asking for including more money for Women players were not included.
perhaps stop listening to print media and so some investigation for yourself.

handyman2190

Bench
You need to choose what information you are listening to. This has nothing to do with nrl players wanting more money. The cba was released without showing the players what was in it. A lot things they were asking for including more money for Women players were not included.
perhaps stop listening to print media and so some investigation for yourself.
I have been listening, more money also includes benefits during and after football,i know the cap was increased dramatically so they are getting more money, they want benefits,alot of benefits,rome wasnt built in a day, there can be negotiation during the season , the players dont need to stop everything and threaten strike action,like a good union they can get by increments bit by bit, but like i said older players have an agenda to feather their retirements, also women have recieved a significant cap rise and as their game matures it will increase along with benefits.
As far as im concerned its greed and we need to get on with it instead of being militant and uncompromising

Thumper

Juniors
I have been listening, more money also includes benefits during and after football,i know the cap was increased dramatically so they are getting more money, they want benefits,alot of benefits,rome wasnt built in a day, there can be negotiation during the season , the players dont need to stop everything and threaten strike action,like a good union they can get by increments bit by bit, but like i said older players have an agenda to feather their retirements, also women have recieved a significant cap rise and as their game matures it will increase along with benefits.
As far as im concerned its greed and we need to get on with it instead of being militant and uncompromising
Who's come out and said they are considering striking? The only thing capewell said was " who knows where it's going to go". I suppose you would knock back the possibility of better work conditions and benifits if they were offered at your employment?? I don't think so. Get off the high horse. Society has become a place where people get offended easily and complain about everything.
good on them for earning that money. They have a skill set which allows them to earn the money their employers see fit.
just like everyone else in the world.
stop chopping people down who have gone out and got it done.

handyman2190

Bench
Who's come out and said they are considering striking? The only thing capewell said was " who knows where it's going to go". I suppose you would knock back the possibility of better work conditions and benifits if they were offered at your employment?? I don't think so. Get off the high horse. Society has become a place where people get offended easily and complain about everything.
good on them for earning that money. They have a skill set which allows them to earn the money their employers see fit.
just like everyone else in the world.
stop chopping people down who have gone out and got it done.
The word strike has been used in a few news items ive read,i havent made it up,they offer threats to get what they think they deserve. All im saying if you read my post is negotiation takes time and by steps,weve accomplished a much higher cap and more can be worked on without derailing the season

Thumper

Juniors
The word strike has been used in a few news items ive read,i havent made it up,they offer threats to get what they think they deserve. All im saying if you read my post is negotiation takes time and by steps,weve accomplished a much higher cap and more can be worked on without derailing the season
News items. Hahaha. Journos never make up stories for click bait.

callmack1

Staff member
In my opinion, the players aren't being greedy at all. There was a post the RLPA did on Instagram going over everything the players are asking for in the new CBA and all of it is very reasonable. I suggest you go read it if you can, or I'll fish it out.

No way is it just about money, there's so much other stuff at play.

'Our players are ready' - USA's bid to become NRL's saving grace amid ugly CBA negotiations: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/092f30df64b6da5c86d7f7ef647e8306

Rabbit57

Juniors
Havilli extension to 2025 is great news. You know what you are going to get from him everytime he takes the field. Honest hard worker who can have an impact

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Havilli extension to 2025 is great news. You know what you are going to get from him everytime he takes the field. Honest hard worker who can have an impact
Good signing and makes an impact when he comes on !
I hope we re-sign Taafe as well as he has a big future !!!