What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

Steenson123

Juniors
gR
No,sutton cant tackle,couldnt make 1st grade at the raiders,cant make it at the dogs, useless ,no thanks,we need 2 props, not second rowers, we need a winger,and we need a utility, wighton will end up playing FB for at least a third of the season when latrell gets injured,we need to find some nsw cup big boys because ours are no
Grab a stud young prop from Penrith's juniors. They have plenty so go and get one! An islander robust and tough looking to play A Grade. Do not want garbage from Gwenda Gould's duds.

callmack1

Staff member
Jed Cartwright to depart the Rabbitohs at the end of Season 2023: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/jed-cartwright-to-depart-the-rabbitohs-at-the-end-of-season-2023

Confirmed now.

I'm okay with this. With respect to Jed, this is no real loss. However, I thank him for his service and wish him well. Hopefully he can play his part in a 2023 Premiership campaign.

Gus' major issue with 'pedantic' judiciary system: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2...pensions/c435afa1-ecbe-4bf5-95eb-e18ea845b271

callmack1

Staff member

Hellray

Juniors
Honestly who gives a rats arse about slaters origin news, im waiting to see if since weve bled players are we going to replace any?
And please,STOP this BS about promoting from within, we dont have props
I get where you are coming from but what props are even available? If they aren’t off contract trying to get them released does take a little more finesse to negotiate.

We have props in the system but they are in Flegg so not ready for the step up so we do need to buy. But the players have to be off contract to be able to talk to first.

I wouldn’t mind us looking towards England for another player, it’s worked for us a few times before

Travitoh

First Grade
Honestly who gives a rats arse about slaters origin news, im waiting to see if since weve bled players are we going to replace any?
And please,STOP this BS about promoting from within, we dont have props
Genuine question, who's a better prop under 21 than Moale in the NRL?

Eric the great

Juniors
We need more than two props we need a complete overhaul e have a fullback that’s on half the salary cap and only gets his hands dirty against week sides and a half back that would have trouble getting a game with anybody else

handyman2190

Bench
Even sele, its great he is gone, he is off the field injured more than on, this season he has managed to string a few games in a row to show his talent, but whats the use when for half the season he is injured ,if we had half a brain we would make lindsay smith an offer he couldnt refuse

Pauly1

Juniors
What about Mitchell?
Only plays 10 games per season.Either injured or suspended.
Get rid of him along with JD

Nafedogg

Juniors
Lol @ getting rid of Mitchell. That won’t happen. I do wonder if there needs to be a conversation regarding his position though. Fullback clearly isn’t working for him, but hey that’s up to the club to decide.

truthslayer

Juniors
This season is fast turning into a nightmare , something is wrong it’s hard to put a finger on it, but there is a problem. This could lead back to the coach, I HATE bagging the coach but they have the responsibility to get the team up. Sadly this has not been the case in many games. LATRELL - a great player but he’s not fit , plus a very good front runner but nothing special when we are behind, he’s carrying a couple of rolls around his belly, and when your not fit injuries happen, for the amount of money we pay him he needs to be fitter. WIGHTON a great signing because he brings smarts to the team and there has been some dumbass plays this season. MURRAY can’t do it all himself although he tries to.DEFENCE - pathetic, not tough enough bad tackling technique as some forwards and yes you TOM BURGESS try to fly through the air like super man but not quick enough to catch the player, CHEEKAM, must be a coaches favourite , but he has no impact as a player and his defence is average. DANIEL SELUKA FIFTA why the f has he not been picked on the bench has bent the line every time he has played made 199 metres in reserve grade last week. ILIAS as much as I want the young bloke to succeed , he’s not improving nor does he show the special qualities needed in a premiership winning team. CODY WALKER brilliant on his day but walkabout to many matches and lacks consistency. TALLIS DUNCAN what the F he’s not a permanent in the team, and COACH this is your fault.HOST very disappointing and defence is terrible.MUNRO I think will be good he’s young and has shown some of his potential. TASS GOOD at times but suspect in defence.SELES AND TAAFE AND CARTRIGHT - adios , Seles to many injuries, Taafe not a fullback and Cartwright hopeless, will not miss them.WHY HAS MURRAY not been in the interview room with the coach? GRAHAM great but letting some errors spoil his year, JOHNSTON there to do what he does best score tries. SOME POSITIVES a couple of younger players showing like they could slot into first grade. MEDIA AND REFS hierarchy still smarting that Souths won the battle to be readmitted to the premiership and Murdoch and his cronies always looking to put the down.ALL UP management has to have a close look at their roll including the debacle of ADAM REYNOLDS, just not good. WELL THATS MY RANT Souths always will be my team but so disappointed in many areas. SPECIAL MENTION JAI AAROW turns up every week.

Nafedogg

Juniors
I think we need to let the Reynolds stuff go. He could have stayed on, it went both ways.

I think this season is pretty much done, unless we get superrrrr lucky and pull together as a team and do it the ultra hard way, but something happened after magic round and our boys dropped the ball big time, we have the talent there that’s for sure, but we aren’t playing to our potential. We have beaten the top sides. Let’s just hope we have a major change in attitude over the next few rounds.