What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Hame Sele to depart the Rabbitohs at the end of Season 2023: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/hame-sele-to-depart-the-rabbitohs-at-the-end-of-season-2023

Confirmed now.

I'm pretty gutted to lose Hame to be honest. More gutted to lose him than I was with Nicholls (similar role in the team, similar loss). Just really like Hame. Honestly, I think he's one of the most unsung middle forwards in the comp on his day, he's that good. We're going to miss him.

Unfortunately, these things happen and he has become a casualty of our cap. We apparently tried our best but at the end of the day, couldn't match offers from the Dragons. Can't blame the club for that as Tatola, Arrow, Graham, Koloamatangi etc were probably priority and rightly so. can't blame Hame for getting the best deal for his family either.

We'll miss you Hame but all the best!! Thanks for everything you've done for our club.

Let's send him out with a ring on his finger!!
Yeah agreed, if he remains injury free he is actually a force, like you say, probably better than the GOAT

Travitoh

First Grade
From what i have heard 95% of the points have been agreed upon, the sticking point is the rpla want POWER, to manage the millions the nrl put into the various funds.
I ask,why should they be in control of millions of dollars?
The nrl wants it to be a partnership,newton the egotistical dick is causeing all the trouble with cherry evans and a couple of near retirement players trying to feather their after football nests, i say screw them,this is their fault the rpla who is actually mostly funded by the nrl.
The only egotistical dick in the negotiations is VLandys. The RLPA aren't the ones hiding from an independent mediator.

Doesn't look like their even close to agreeing on 95% of the points

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
The only egotistical dick in the negotiations is VLandys. The RLPA aren't the ones hiding from an independent mediator.

Thanks for that link, it is very enlightening

handyman2190

Bench

Your entitled to your opinion, but!! I know someone, and while newton makes out nothings been done he is manipulating the situation, making it look like nothings agreed to, he wants power,and i want to know,would anyone here give 100% control of their account to someone else?
It should be a shared situation, dont forget,players make more money than 95% of supporters, this is simple GREED!!! Newton is a liar

handyman2190

Bench
Weve lost 5 players 3 forwards and a winger. And taafe.
I can see 1 step up, talis, i can see munro taking kennars spot.
We need to replace hame and knight with 2 props from outside and a utility that can play FB

Steenson123

Juniors
Sign a young unknown but promising PENRITH junior front row forward. They probably have several who get no chance because of the strength of their A Grade. Someone bigger, more aggressive and stronger than Sele.
Sele has been fairly good BUT we probably win nothing with the likes of him and Havili. Solid but no more than that.

Steenson123

Juniors
The club's recruitment/rextensions should focus on Munro, Ferguson, Duncan and other promising young men, Tom B and perhaps Mamezoulos plus importing two young forwards from Penrith's juniors, one a prop they desperately wanted to keep but who wants to play A Grade. Penrith has churned out a riduclous number of quality players from their junior squads so go get one of their rising studs.
I would let many of the older back-up brigade and Hawkins depart.

callmack1

Staff member
I watched the Charlie Rabbit movie tonight.

And man, I am so full of emotion, passion, admiration, pride and just pure love for this club right now after watching that. Truly amazing stuff, some of the best content I've seen Souths produce to be honest. It really stirred up the emotions and I'm not afraid I was brought to tears a couple of times throughout. Especially the bit about his wife.

What a man. Seriously, this guy deserves to be an off-field immortal. I don't think we realise and appreciate how lucky we are to have him. He's an NRL icon, an absolute legend. Love him to bits and this club wouldn't be what it is without him.

Seriously, Souths deserve all the credit they get for that movie. So special. Just so, so special.

I F**KING LOVE THIS CLUB!!!!! No one does it like us. No one has the history, the stories, the passion and the pride like us. I've got to say, it's a privilege to be a part of that and support that.

Far out this has stirred me up in such a good way. I am a South Sydney fan til I die, and no one can ever take that away from me. Ever.

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Well said and 100% agree !!!

Far too often we wait for someone to pass away before we honour them and let them know how appreciated they are to us all.

I also feel very privileged to support this wonderful club and tell my daughters repeatedly we are blessed to be Rabbitohs supporters ….

callmack1

Staff member
Blake Taaffe to depart the Rabbitohs at the end of Season 2023: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/blake-taaffe-to-depart-the-rabbitohs-at-the-end-of-season-2023

Confirmation that Taaffey is gone next year, he's signed with the Dogs.

While I am a bit sad to go as I do like him and think he has some potential, we do have to be realistic about this. I'm sure the club would have loved to have kept him, but the reality is, we cannot give him regular first grade. He's stuck behind some of the current best players in the comp. That's the way it's always been and it's the way it will be for some time. So, it was always likely he'd leave for greener pastures.

Also, being completely honest and realistic, yes, he was great in the Finals in 2021, but what has he done since then? he's had enough opportunities over the last two years to show us what he's got but he hasn't really been a factor in most of his games in his career. That's why I'm not jumping up and down about losing him.

Thanks for everything you've done for our club Taaffey, hopefully you've played (and still will play) a part in a 2023 Premiership winning campaign.

Robbie 12

Juniors
South’s I think should of got a player swap with Liam knight from the bulldogs … or some kind of compensation
What you guys think should we make a play at Ryan Sutton?

Attachments

• IMG_1730.png
    IMG_1730.png
    783.8 KB · Views: 2

handyman2190

Bench
South’s I think should of got a player swap with Liam knight from the bulldogs … or some kind of compensation
What you guys think should we make a play at Ryan Sutton?
No,sutton cant tackle,couldnt make 1st grade at the raiders,cant make it at the dogs, useless ,no thanks,we need 2 props, not second rowers, we need a winger,and we need a utility, wighton will end up playing FB for at least a third of the season when latrell gets injured,we need to find some nsw cup big boys because ours are not big