What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I should have looked further down the page, but the guy who knows how to calculate time was running the computer so Glebe played with 12 men for 68 minutes - that is a great win.
Glebe put out probably their best team all year and lost a prop early who would have had a big impact. They had another in the bin (as did Cabra at at different time) and Cabra only came back because the Glebe players were stuffed. I think Cabra were lucky to avoid a real flogginh

TigerDen

Juniors
An Aaron Johnson, a prop, has played 7 games in NSW Cup for St George this year, the last on 21 May. A switch of clubs?
That's what I found. If correct, that means that Glebe played 5 RMC NSW Cup eligible players. So maybe 12 v 13 was a good handicap 😁

rightleftin

Juniors
That's what I found. If correct, that means that Glebe played 5 RMC NSW Cup eligible players. So maybe 12 v 13 was a good handicap 😁
Well I guess both clubs have to comply with the SS points cap but clearly being a catch up game Glebe had the option to put in players that would normally be playing RMC. Anyway they play again next week and the Glebe RMC will be in Fiji, so Cabra get an opportunity to reverse it if they are good enough.

I remember some years ago where the club with the bye in RMC would play East Campbelltown in SS and the Eagles were up against up to 8 RMC players every week.

TigerDen

Juniors
Well I guess both clubs have to comply with the SS points cap but clearly being a catch up game Glebe had the option to put in players that would normally be playing RMC. Anyway they play again next week and the Glebe RMC will be in Fiji, so Cabra get an opportunity to reverse it if they are good enough.

I remember some years ago where the club with the bye in RMC would play East Campbelltown in SS and the Eagles were up against up to 8 RMC players every week.
You are correct, we are reliant on Clubs applying the PPI correctly. But the reality is unless you have the backing of an RMC team and a NSW feeder. Life in SS will always be tough.

rightleftin

Juniors
You are correct, we are reliant on Clubs applying the PPI correctly. But the reality is unless you have the backing of an RMC team and a NSW feeder. Life in SS will always be tough.
Agreed.

Ideally all clubs would have 2 teams and that was largely the case some years ago and then some clubs wanted to enter only RMC while others wanted to get a foot in the door via SS. The good news is that this year Mounties have returned to the 2 team structure, Glebe have embraced it and Brothers have also advanced albeit in partnership with Blacktown.

Until Cabramatta can remedy its financial situation they will be unable to attract RMC players and Windsor are doing quite well in A Grade this year, but if they return next year, you would think it would be SS only for a while, so it will continue to have variation for a while.

rightleftin

Juniors
A couple more players from the Hills roster for 2022 have appeared for Wenty in recent weeks with Pat Bolea playing RMC last game and Alofi Mataele in Wenty's A Grade. Other Hill's losses from last year include Henry Rawalui (London Broncos), Blake Goodman (Mounties), Rhys Sciglitano (Lakes United), Eton Lindsay (Windsor) and Giordan Patea (Campbelltown Collegians).

rightleftin

Juniors
I did a bit of research this afternoon re clubs dropping back players. I dont think you should have sympathy for Cabra SS having to play against a few guys that might usually be seen in RMC or NSW Cup. In August 2017, with Cabra having a bye in RMC, of the 17 players that played in Cabra's 34-20 loss to Wenty in RMC, Brent Anderson was elevated to Newtown's NSW Cup team, Kisi Taulani was given the week off and the other 15 players were included in squad of 20 to play East Campbelltown in a vital SS game. East Campbelltown just got on with it and won 40-30.

TigerDen

Juniors
I did a bit of research this afternoon re clubs dropping back players. I dont think you should have sympathy for Cabra SS having to play against a few guys that might usually be seen in RMC or NSW Cup. In August 2017, with Cabra having a bye in RMC, of the 17 players that played in Cabra's 34-20 loss to Wenty in RMC, Brent Anderson was elevated to Newtown's NSW Cup team, Kisi Taulani was given the week off and the other 15 players were included in squad of 20 to play East Campbelltown in a vital SS game. East Campbelltown just got on with it and won 40-30.
Dame good research sir. 👍 By the way do you know the name of the No 4 player for Glebe on Friday night?

10$ Ferret

Staff member
try 1. Edenn Rogers Smith is the only Roosters NSW cup player. There were 2 maybe 3 Roosters flegg players, the rest Glebe. The ex St George player has signed with Glebe, for what reason I do not know. Count him if you want but there were no other Cup level players in that side and Edenn only lasted a few minutes with a rib injury.

TigerDen

Juniors
try 1. Edenn Rogers Smith is the only Roosters NSW cup player. There were 2 maybe 3 Roosters flegg players, the rest Glebe. The ex St George player has signed with Glebe, for what reason I do not know. Count him if you want but there were no other Cup level players in that side and Edenn only lasted a few minutes with a rib injury.
Are you talking NSW or RMC?

rightleftin

Juniors
Dame good research sir. 👍 By the way do you know the name of the No 4 player for Glebe on Friday night?
I found another instance in July 2016 when Cabra had a catch up game in SS against Peninsula Seagulls and with RMC having a bye, Cabra dropped back 9 players to SS. Seagulls won 36-16.

On the previous Wenesday night, cellar dwellers, Auburn Warriors had a catch up SS game against one of the front runners, Wenty. Auburn went the other way by delving into their A Grade team that had 4 players with 330 games in NRL/Super league, and convinced Matt Utai to play a one off game. He scored 4 tries in the game where Auburn led 38-6 lead at one stage before Wenty hit back to end up going down 48-24.

Butts74

Juniors
Jimmy the jet (James Roberts) has signed with hills , he was training there last night and slotted into the centres.