What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 SF Fri - Melbourne 18-13 Sydney @ AAMI

Finals Week 2: Melbourne v Sydney

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Munky

Coach
All jokes aside, Momirovski and Paulo both played in the 2021 grand final, and Allan has played in the 2019 and 2020 prelims.

Whilst it is a big drop in talent, you could do a whole lot worse... I mean we had Richie Kennar and Taane Milne as wingers in last year's prelim and were up 12-0 after 35 mins...

Paulo is a Panther legend. A game winner for us.

Momo was pretty derided by a good portion of the Panthers fan base for his attack killing ways. He could tackle though, not sure what happened when he went to the chooks.

I'm not sure you can cover for both in a finals game. Then again the Storm backline isn't what it once was.

lockyno1

Post Whore
We all get to laugh at Paulo trying to be a standard first grader at least

Honestly if Melbourne don't win by 20, Bellamy should sack himself at the presser

Grapple

Bench
Interesting that he and SJ both trained away from their group.....

Bellamy on Hughes: " "To be honest, he's probably unlikely, but we'll just see how he pulls up this afternoon after the run."

wink.gif

Valheru

Coach
I'm not sure you can cover for both in a finals game. Then again the Storm backline isn't what it once was.
This is the big thing for me. We can try and find positives in the roosters backline but at the end of the day it's patchwork at best.. it is what it is. However the storm backline isn't that great especially with Coates out.

Grapple

Bench
This is the big thing for me. We can try and find positives in the roosters backline but at the end of the day it's patchwork at best.. it is what it is. However the storm backline isn't that great especially with Coates out.

...still a very good Roosters spine though Val.

I think it comes down to home crowd advantage and if Harry really plays a great game. I expect it to be close regardless. Angus and NAS both coming off the bench shows how good both teams are.

Grapple

Bench
Is it? Is it really? Women think they own pain because they give birth but I’d argue watching your team lose a GF is far worse. There’s countless men that took that pain to their graves.

Love your passion Babyface. Hoping you guys go through! Showed plenty of fight.

The only passion I can remember is in 2012 I shaved my head and grew my beard in honour of big Frank Pritchard and Sam Kasiano... My family disowned me, as you should, but we made it to to the finals. We lost.....and then I walked around like a complete knob.

Been waiting ever since for Canterbury to be as good. Still, happy memories. Ben Barba was something else. : )

Someguy

First Grade
I reckon faalogo slots in for Hughes maybe rotating with meany at different stages of the game

GongPanther

Referee
This will be similar to last week's Newcastle V Canberra match. Plenty of attack with average defence with a win to the Roosters by 34-30.

moffla

Bench
Is it? Is it really? Women think they own pain because they give birth but I’d argue watching your team lose a GF is far worse. There’s countless men that took that pain to their graves.
Completely off topic but I reckon losing a prelim is harder than losing the Grand Final. I can remember every grand finalist from the last 25 years.

I can barely recall who played in last years prelim!

also grand final week is an absolute joy if your team is in it

Completely off topic but I reckon losing a prelim is harder than losing the Grand Final. I can remember every grand finalist from the last 25 years.

I can barely recall who played in last years prelim!

also grand final week is an absolute joy if your team is in it
That’s the problem for me, though. You forget losing the prelims but remember the GF losses.

Latest posts