What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 State of Origin ~ Game 1 *31st May*

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well Gus has said Freddy will and should pick and stick with little to no changes

he reckons you can’t pick rookie origin players for games at Suncorp as it’s too much for them…

Freddy would jump off a bridge if Gus told him to, so expect only enforced changes
As long as Fittler keeps picking underperforming players from Gould's club, he's happy. How the f**k did the Bulldogs get three players (four from next year's roster) in the Blues squad?

T.S Quint

Coach
As long as Fittler keeps picking underperforming players from Gould's club, he's happy. How the f**k did the Bulldogs get three players (four from next year's roster) in the Blues squad?

He had a little bird within the club slip him the info about how well TPJ was training.
Wonder who that was.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If you say so mate.

But we will never know so no point in continuing this really. Better things to do anyway, like right now I'm going to go wash my balls and then admire my handy work. Then go eat my freshly baked mixed berry crumble and two scoops of vanilla ice cream. But most of all I can't wait to wash my balls.

man, you and I certainly have different ideas for a good Friday night out

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They are better by that metric at least. You can't deny they are recruiting well at the top end of their roster. But we have much more NRL experience in our roster than they do. That's the bigger (and more granular) discrepancy.

lucablight

First Grade
They are better by that metric at least. You can't deny they are recruiting well at the top end of their roster. But we have much more NRL experience in our roster than they do. That's the bigger (and more granular) discrepancy.
They’ve been at the bottom of the ladder for years while we just made a grand final. You’d expect their recruitment to be better than ours since they had a tonne of cap space whilst we struggled to lock down the players already on our roster.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The point is they have a lot more reserve graders in their best 17. This is part of how they can sign Origin-class players. But I suspect RCG or Matterson might’ve gotten another shot if they were available.