What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 State of Origin ~ Game 2 *21st June*

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I usually enjoy watching Eels strut their stuff in Origin but I’m really hoping Mitch doesn’t get picked, 2x reasons:

1- Going to leave us royally screwed in the halves, just when we were starting to get some momentum.
2- I honestly don’t think it matters who NSW pick for this game we are a million to one of getting the win up there. All the media has spoken about for the last week is who is going to get that spot, it’s going to be huge pressure on whoever gets it. People love to lay the boot into Moses at the best of times, if the poor merkin gets picked and NSW lose (which they most likely will) he is going to cop it deluxe and I think it would be pretty detrimental for his confidence moving forward with us.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I usually enjoy watching Eels strut their stuff in Origin but I’m really hoping Mitch doesn’t get picked, 2x reasons:

1- Going to leave us royally screwed in the halves, just when we were starting to get some momentum.
2- I honestly don’t think it matters who NSW pick for this game we are a million to one of getting the win up there. All the media has spoken about for the last week is who is going to get that spot, it’s going to be huge pressure on whoever gets it. People love to lay the boot into Moses at the best of times, if the poor merkin gets picked and NSW lose (which they most likely will) he is going to cop it deluxe and I think it would be pretty detrimental for his confidence moving forward with us.
Hopefully Nicho hynes has a blinder against Melbourne which leaves Freddy no choice to play him at 7.

It's really our only hope moses not getting picked and your right he is on a hiding to nothing and last time he got injured from a cheap shot from the grub Kaufusi

That 4 weeks he missed cost us a top 4 spot back in 2021 we went completely off the rails and that season could have been so different as Manly weren't really a top 4 team that year.

Pumpkin

Juniors
Now listen. Think straight. If Moses is there we lose. Halves are a choice between Hynes, Luai and Reynolds. No questions asked. We will beat these shit bags after what Fatty said the other night.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Interesting Cody Walker's name still getting mentioned as a possibility in Origin articles. But I really don't think Fittler will drop Luai, as his game one stats were pretty good...

Cleary's vacated spot should really be Hynes' to step up today and grab - and I hope Freddy doesn't opt for Moses in this hiding to nothing potential series decider.

So (if Freddy wants Walker):
6. Walker
7. Hynes
9. Cook
14. ???

Or:
6. Luai
7. Reynolds / Moses?
9. Cook
14. Hynes

King-Gutho94

Coach
Interesting Cody Walker's name still getting mentioned as a possibility in Origin articles. But I really don't think Fittler will drop Luai, as his game one stats were pretty good...

Cleary's vacated spot should really be Hynes' to step up today and grab - and I hope Freddy doesn't opt for Moses in this hiding to nothing potential series decider.

So (if Freddy wants Walker):
6. Walker
7. Hynes
9. Cook
14. ???

Or:
6. Luai
7. Reynolds / Moses?
9. Cook
14. Hynes
Burton would be a better 14 can play centres and in the halves

eels_fan

First Grade
No chance Hynes plays 7 imo. Too inexperienced to lead the team around and only a ok kicking game

Luai can’t control a team and has zero kicking game either so much be paired with either Moses or Reynolds to be retained

JokerEel

Coach
Now listen. Think straight. If Moses is there we lose. Halves are a choice between Hynes, Luai and Reynolds. No questions asked. We will beat these shit bags after what Fatty said the other night.

Well they keep picking Cleary who has done jack shit for NSW and is worse than Pearce in the sky blue.

Hopefully they don't choose Moses as we need him at the Eels.

JokerEel

Coach
No chance Hynes plays 7 imo. Too inexperienced to lead the team around and only a ok kicking game

Luai can’t control a team and has zero kicking game either so much be paired with either Moses or Reynolds to be retained

Hynes can't kick long.

Reynolds is shit in defence.

I hope they choose either or both so I can laugh at the idiots that wanted them.

Pumpkin

Juniors
Well they keep picking Cleary who has done jack shit for NSW and is worse than Pearce in the sky blue.

All you can expect from Cleary are good, solid performances because he's not a naturally gifted footballer.

The reason we lose is because of people like you that worry about the stupid ol" eels above your state.

JokerEel

Coach
All you can expect from Cleary are good, solid performances because he's not a naturally gifted footballer.

The reason we lose is because of people like you that worry about the stupid ol" eels above your state.

So it's my fault we lose 😂 Not Mitchell Pearce MK2

Pumpkin indeed (I am assuming your a Panfers fan?)

the phantom menace

First Grade
Burton would be a better 14 can play centres and in the halves
I wouldn't argue with that selection from a NSW perspective at all, especially if Hynes is promoted as the starter.

(Hope he has a blinder on Monday to press his claims - but not too much to jag them a win!)

Gazzamatta

Coach

The Chocolate Soldiers dont appear to miss Cleary much when he dosent play. Is he really that important and the next Immortal?

Latest posts