What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 State of Origin ~ Game 2 *21st June*

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
I’m normally rooting for eels to get picked and dirty when they don’t but this year I’d prefer minimal or no players make it

King-Gutho94

Coach
I think some Eels fans here are being quite selfish, but I can understand why. We don't want to lose him after the Dylan Brown debacle.
It is a players dream to play at the highest level of their chosen sport. Moses deserves that if he is selected.
Dylan selfishness in partying last week will be in full focus if Moses is missing.

If he doesn't learn from this suity he never will.

eels_fan

First Grade
was just coming to post the same. I read Vossy’s post as Gutho being 18th man, but someone asked him and he said he reckons he’ll be 14

next week no Mitch, brown or Gutho haha boom

King-Gutho94

Coach
was just coming to post the same. I read Vossy’s post as Gutho being 18th man, but someone asked him and he said he reckons he’ll be 14

Trent Barrett might have to put the boots on next week the way we are going.

JokerEel

Coach
It's stupid selfishness. Playing origin is a massive boost to the club team. It will never be a hindrance.

It's not selfishness it's us fans sick of no brain merkins like yourself bagging our players when NSW lose, but are blind when they lose like last game and other players being shit.

But don't get called out.

So it's your fault we don't want them picked.

Like how I am blaming you now 😉

Pumpkin

Juniors
It's not selfishness it's us fans sick of no brain merkins like yourself bagging our players when NSW lose, but are blind when they lose like last game and other players being shit.

But don't get called out.

So it's your fault we don't want them picked.

Like how I am blaming you now 😉
What are you talking about you stupid idiot. I'm a Roosters fan. They blamed Mitchell Pearce for years and now they are blaming Teddy.

the phantom menace

First Grade
What are you talking about you stupid idiot. I'm a Roosters fan. They blamed Mitchell Pearce for years and now they are blaming Teddy.
You have to admit though, that Teddy has had a massive decline in form/ability this year... has to be his last in a rep jersey.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Dance Pumpkin GIF by Troy Wagner

oldmancraigy

Coach

Well done to Gutho is that is the case.
Ok, so we lose a game against Manly we otherwise may have romped in.

It just means today and the Dolphins game are must wins. We will be in the 8 with 1/3rd of the season to go if we manage to win the mentioned games. Could be worse.

Playmakers who get a run in Origin always seem to have more time back in clubland afterwards. So I'm OK with it.

You never know with Manly anyway- they can get pretty complacent even with all their guns available.

Gronk

Staff member
I think some Eels fans here are being quite selfish, but I can understand why. We don't want to lose him after the Dylan Brown debacle.
It is a players dream to play at the highest level of their chosen sport. Moses deserves that if he is selected.
Emotion aside, Hynes is the form 7 of 2023. Every commentator has been blowing their loads over him at every opportunity. Freddy waxes lyrical about him in commentary for 9 and hardly mentions Moses. Yet when it comes to the point of pulling the trigger, Freddy backflips. I don’t get it.

If he gets selected, then I will support him like I do Jnr and hope that he nails it.

Am I putting Moses’s personal achievements and development aside and focusing on the club, yeah because NSW origin has become clicky and selection is no longer on merit. Fittler seems to be a puppet who does what he’s told by Gus or Brandy or Uncle Nick.

Why do they want to throw Moses under the bus Game 2 at Suncorp decider and spare Hynes ? So his cards will be marked and Nicco will be good to go in the future campaigns.

Bandwagon

Staff member
They should really put out an SOS to Wighton for the bench utility.

Yeah, I'm pretty certain Qld would prefer Wighton doesn't play, that's reason enough to have him there.

But with Turbo and Latrell both playing do we really need a bench utility who's gonna cover halves / backs, at the expense of either a genuine hooker or another forward.

King-Gutho94

Coach
They should really put out an SOS to Wighton for the bench utility.
Well if Freddy picked him last year instead of that useless Talakai he might still be available.

I call BS on last years axing had nothing to do with his rep retirement.

It would have planted a seed in his mind why should I bother with this shit when Freddy and Brandy just tossed him out because he caught covid.