What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 State of Origin ~ Game 3 *12th July* ~ Team List

the phantom menace

First Grade
Payne Haas I get the fact he gets through a lot of work.

But is it really impacting games.

NSW didn't really miss him last night.

Throw in at Brisbane he has won a spoon and never won a final since debuting.

Is he worth the money he is asking.
Good point - before your post I'd genuinely forgotten he wasn't playing last night. He's a good enough player but wasn't missed at all tbh.

eels_fan

First Grade
Apparently Ivan Cleary may be named assistant coach next year with Freddy still head coach.

So no doubt NSW next year spine will be Edwards/Luai/Cleary/Koro and Yeo back in 13.

qld 3-0 in 2024

is it any surprise that NSW’s first win in 12 months came in a game with no Penrith players in the spine? Penrith system works for Penrith, brilliantly, they are the best team in the comp by a fair margin, but it doesn’t work for origin

yy_cheng

Coach
Payne Haas I get the fact he gets through a lot of work.

But is it really impacting games.

NSW didn't really miss him last night.

Throw in at Brisbane he has won a spoon and never won a final since debuting.

Is he worth the money he is asking.
Nrl teams don't defend or have that want than qld has so he does more damage in nrl

Bandwagon

Staff member
So is Cleary that much better than Moses or does Cleary just play in a better side? In terms of individual talent I don’t see much between them. They can both do a job playing halfback for NSW.

Mitch has finally learnt to game manage like the great halves in the last 18 months, Cleary seemed to always have that cool head and control, but for mine Mitch has more skill.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So is Cleary that much better than Moses or does Cleary just play in a better side? In terms of individual talent I don’t see much between them. They can both do a job playing halfback for NSW.
I agree. You've spent plenty of time in the past suggesting we are as good as Penrith. But I agree that we aren't.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Mitch has finally learnt to game manage like the great halves in the last 18 months, Cleary seemed to always have that cool head and control, but for mine Mitch has more skill.
The most underrated aspect of Penrith has always been their ruthless forward pack. If it was just down to skill then they wouldn't have been as successful as they have been.

yy_cheng

Coach
Just watched the footage. What a pile of dog shit story.
Yeah, i saw the incident live and Hopgood was just mucking around. Though guth was quite serious and ignored him. Guth probably didn't even know it was hopgood who shouldered into him

TheParraboy

Staff member
You go Moses/Walker as halves game 1 next year surely??? (form/injuries pending)

I reckon Teddy will retire from rep footy well before then

1 TomT
2 Ado Carr
3 Best
4 Latrell
5. Too
6 Walker
7 Moses

14 Crichton (sorry Gutho)

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You go Moses/Walker as halves game 1 next year surely??? (form/injuries pending)

I reckon Teddy will retire from rep footy well before then

1 TomT
2 Ado Carr
3 Best
4 Latrell
5. Too
6 Walker
7 Moses

14 Crichton (sorry Gutho)
A bit hard at this point to pick a team for next year.

lucablight

First Grade
I agree. You've spent plenty of time in the past suggesting we are as good as Penrith. But I agree that we aren't.
I’ve said our best is good enough to beat Penriths best. I still think that. I also said Penrith are a champion team but not a team of champions. They play well above the sum of their parts. I think the last 3 origin series give a lot weight to that argument.