What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 State of Origin ~ Game 3 *12th July* ~ Team List

eels_fan

First Grade
Reckon RCG and possibly Matto played themselves into blues jerseys. Gutho will go close.

Hopgood is an injured Qld forward away from getting a jersey too

we could be missing 4-5 players against the warriors.

Gronk

Staff member
Reckon RCG and possibly Matto played themselves into blues jerseys. Gutho will go close.

f**k. The lads on the Cumberland Throw pointed out that this year we are the ONLY team not to get a bye before an origin game. Just to add to our shit draw treatment. Meanwhile the warriors will be at full strength. Impossible to win that one without a full squad.

Gronk

Staff member
^^^ I actually ran the Warriors game through the NRL predictor as a W/L is the difference between 4th and 7th. We have some tough games ahead and need to beat Storm and Panthers, but dropping the Warriors game is so crucial.

King-Gutho94

Coach

I think we will lose Moses and depends on what they want to do with Junior.

I don't think NSW will go back to players they have dumped in the past for a dead rubber. It will either be debutants or stick with what they have.

We have the bye next week so those that play next week have more chance of a big performance that can get them in. Where Parra would have been completely forgotten about.

i cant imagine Brandy/Freddy would have had too much interest to watch a 3pm Saturday game with a QLD team involved.

84 Baby

Referee
You must have us dropping Storm or Pennys game ?
And Cows and Boncos.
It’s also assuming no wackiness from Canbra, who I have losing today to Rorters, but we kinda want them to win.
But anyway win our home games and we should make it, then every away game we win puts us higher into 8.

the phantom menace

First Grade
I don't think NSW will go back to players they have dumped in the past for a dead rubber. It will either be debutants or stick with what they have.
Agree, that's why I don't see Matterson or RCG being considered for this game. RCG has done his Origin dash with this coaching clique, and in the case of Matto he won't win a reprieve in the year where he missed games choosing the suspension over the fine.

I expect Moses and Junior to be retained - maybe Junior shifting back to bench duties. Penisini might be under consideration though, I think he was picked as an emerging Blue at one stage...

eels_fan

First Grade
I don't think NSW will go back to players they have dumped in the past for a dead rubber
Both Freddy and Joey just said on the footy show that there is no such thing as a dead rubber in origin. Winning game 3 is as important as any. I think they’ll make a few changes but not just throw in a bunch a rookies. RCG at a minimum will be there with Moses

eels_fan

First Grade
Freddy just said on the footy show he was really happy with Moses game and he was really proud of his performance. Joey added that his defence was great having been targeted by Fifita but handling him brilliantly. There is no doubt Moses will get another go in origin 3

Bandwagon

Staff member
Freddy just said on the footy show he was really happy with Moses game and he was really proud of his performance. Joey added that his defence was great having been targeted by Fifita but handling him brilliantly. There is no doubt Moses will get another go in origin 3

Agree with that, he took Fafita front on every time, and contained him for the most part.

Snoochies

First Grade
Is Origin mandatory for those selected? Can players reject their selection? Maybe some players will insist their club is now first priority over a dead rubber.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Is Origin mandatory for those selected? Can players reject their selection? Maybe some players will insist their club is now first priority over a dead rubber.

Of course they could, but that'd likely mark them never again, particularly if they fringe selections.

Faking an injury would be the best way out, ankle or ribs, report getting needled up to play the following weekend

Bandwagon

Staff member
And anyone thinking Adam Reynolds is capable for Origin should of watched yesterday, he got shredded in defence.

Reynolds is probably the closest to Cleary in game play with the ball in hand, so on that front it woulda' made sense. But defensively he's nowhere near it.

jk13

First Grade
Just pick the whole smug team and see if they can win a club game missing 17 players

the phantom menace

First Grade
Watching the Roosters game Teddy should be the first one dropped from NSW
Make Game 3 his testimonial, and never to be picked in rep footy again.

Had to laugh at the article saying Walsh might make a claim for Teddy's Kangaroo jersey "over the next 12 months"! On form Walsh should be picked as Australian fullback at the next opportunity, otherwise <insert rep coach name here> has rocks in their head.

84 Baby

Referee
Make Game 3 his testimonial, and never to be picked in rep footy again.

Had to laugh at the article saying Walsh might make a claim for Teddy's Kangaroo jersey "over the next 12 months"! On form Walsh should be picked as Australian fullback at the next opportunity, otherwise <insert rep coach name here> has rocks in their head.
He’s not even the form fullback at his club

Latest posts