What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 WTC FINAL: Aust v Ind @ The Oval - AUSTRALIA TEST CHAMPIONS

Its taken a while for me to warm to him.

I saw him as a flat tracker early in his career.

But he has kicked on and yep we have to let him be and cop the good with the bad.

This is his first century away from home, so I don’t blame anyone for being skeptical. He’s been stuffed around a bit by the selectors as well.

India would be kicking themselves not picking Ashwin, he wouldn’t been perfect to bowl to Head.

Bazal

Post Whore
This is his first century away from home, so I don’t blame anyone for being skeptical. He’s been stuffed around a bit by the selectors as well.

India would be kicking themselves not picking Ashwin, he wouldn’t been perfect to bowl to Head.

I've been saying it about Head for ages tbh.

We're so quick to throw new players under the bus but the majority of his introduction to Test cricket was overseas, I think three quarters of his first dozen tests or something.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Rain about on Saturday and Sunday. We need to make the best of the good weather today and tomorrow.

A draw will mean that we are 'crowned' joint winners with India which is crap. Need to win outright.
Is there still a reserve day like 2021

Fangs

Coach
Is there still a reserve day like 2021

Apparently yes...however its London. Its probably raining on Monday:

If time is lost due to rain or weather conditions on any of the five days of the WTC final Test match at the Kennington Oval in London, the same can be made up on the reserve day.

Fangs

Coach
I thought that it’s a 6 day Test unless one team wins before the 6th day. It doesn’t have to rain to go into Day 6.

Only 5 according to the article linked previously:

However, in case a full day’s play is possible on all five days of the Test match and no result is produced, the reserve day will not be utilized to determine a winner.

---

Would be nice to bring back the 'super' test and go 6 days.

Lebbo73

Bench

However, in case a full day’s play is possible on all five days of the Test match and no result is produced, the reserve day will not be utilized to determine a winner.

---

Rightio, I thought that the 6 days was to pretty much guarantee a result?

TheParraboy

Staff member

---

Ahh the days

Was there a rest day in the middle of those? Or am I thinking of another bygone era?

undertaker

Coach

---

Bring back the Timeless Tests!

Fangs

Coach
Ahh the days

Was there a rest day in the middle of those? Or am I thinking of another bygone era?

I'm not sure I've only read about them. I know the New Years test at the SCG used to have a day off so the players could get on the piss.

Bring back the Timeless Tests!

Ahh perhaps. Depends if the other sports have an issue with it.

My favourite is this one. 10 day test that ended because the English had to catch a boat. If they missed it they would have been stuck in South Africa for another 6 months:

Latest posts