What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 WTC FINAL: Aust v Ind @ The Oval - AUSTRALIA TEST CHAMPIONS

TheParraboy

Staff member
In under 2 weeks it begins..... a warm up match for the ashes

Not sure on Haze, something always going on with him these days. Only bowled 9 overs in the IPL before side issue and boycotting the tournament, Just draft in Nesser and be done with it

TheParraboy

Staff member
Both squads..

Australia squad: Pat Cummins (c), Scott Boland, Alex Carey (wk), Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis (wk), Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Todd Murphy, Matthew Renshaw, Steve Smith (vc), Mitchell Starc, David Warner

India squad: Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, KS Bharat (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Shardul Thakur, Mohd. Shami, Mohd. Siraj, Umesh Yadav, Jaydev Unadkat, Ishan Kishan (wk)
Standby players: Ruturaj Gaikwad, Mukesh Kumar, Suryakumar Yadav

King-Gutho94

Coach
Not a bad time this match i just realised Days 3,4,5 are on the Kings Birthday Long weekend so can stay up and watch it without worrying about getting up for work.

Not sure on Haze
Am hearing this is the final 15. No Josh.. nor for the first two Ashes Tests.

WTC Team
1. Usman Khawaja
2. David Warner ?????
3. Marnus Labuschange
4. Steve Smith
5. Travis Head
6. Cameron Green
7. Alex Carey
8. Mitchell Starc
9. Pat Cummins
10. Nathan Lyon
11. Scott Boland.. prefer Neser.

Ashes
1. Matt Renshaw
2. Usman Khawaja
3. Marnus Labuschange
4. Steve Smith
5. Travis Head
6. Cameron Green
7. Alex Carey
8. Michael Neser - big tick
9. Mitchell Starc
10. Pat Cummins
11. Nathan Lyon

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Talk of THead opener for the Ashes for Bazball? assuming if Warner fail in the WTC

The Bison at 5?

If smaller grounds and concrete decks are prepared for poms bazball, make a lot of sense for mine, be carnage. Crawley, Duckett and Pope remind me of Bryant, Harris and Harper

Colk

First Grade
Talk of THead opener for the Ashes for Bazball? assuming if Warner fail in the WTC

The Bison at 5?

If smaller grounds and concrete decks are prepared for poms bazball, make a lot of sense for mine, be carnage. Crawley, Duckett and Pope remind me of Bryant, Harris and Harper

I still can’t believe they are picking Crawley. Pope is a bit skittish but not a bad player if he gets in. Duckett goes ok. Their top order is their big weakness

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Am hearing this is the final 15. No Josh.. nor for the first two Ashes Tests.

hearing from where ? you need to provide a source

btw, you're wrong

Hazlewood included in Australia's WTC final squad amid fitness race​

Mitchell Marsh and Matt Renshaw are the two players to miss out from the Ashes group

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
you would imagine Boland goes into the 11 and Nesser comes into the squad

Fangs

Coach