What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

APPSY

Juniors
Update on the Titans vs Dragons game:
They have opened more seats in sections 9, 12, 13,14, 18, 19 & 22. Previously only half were available, while 22 only just opened the seats available today. The sideline seats are starting to sell very well. Should see it push past 15k now and work towards 20k. The way we're releasing our tickets is... interesting to say the least.

Crowd Estimates for remainder of R1:
- Thursday 7 March 2024 8:00pm at McDonald Jones Stadium: Knights vs Raiders - 26,000.
Tickets look to be selling well, but there's a few left in the upper tier of the eastern grandstand. Good weather forecast should help.

- Friday 8 March 2024 8:00pm at Go Media Stadium: Warriors vs Sharks - 23,000.
Like the Knights, the Warriors finished 2023 strongly, with great crowd support. Nice to see the NRL recognising this with the early season scheduling. Should be a big crowd for Go Media + weather looks good.

- Friday 8 March 2024 8:00pm at AAMI Park: Storm vs Panthers - 17,000.
Should be helped by no AFL in Melbourne this week (and no other clashes like Formula 1). Unfortunately doesn't look like it has moved more tickets as there's still lots of seats still available in the upper tiers.

- Saturday 9 March 2024 5:30pm at Commbank Stadium: Eels vs Bulldogs - 27,000.
Last two installments of this rivalry have drawn 26,451 (2022) and 27,655 (2023) at Commbank. You'd expect this year to be similar, so I'll go up the middle and say 27,000.

- Saturday 9 March 2024 7:35pm at Cbus Super Stadium: Titans vs Dragons - 18,000.
A good draw for the Titans and a good weather forecast should help them to push the high teens.

- Sunday 10 March 2024 4:05pm at Suncorp Stadium: Dolphins vs Cowboys - 30,000.
Sounds like ticket sales have been a bit slow for what should be a blockbuster Qld Derby. Hopefully a big volume of tickets are moved in the next few days.

Vlad59

Bench
- Thursday 7 March 2024 8:00pm at McDonald Jones Stadium: Knights vs Raiders - 26,000.
Tickets look to be selling well, but there's a few left in the upper tier of the eastern grandstand. Good weather forecast should help.

Like the Knights, the Warriors finished 2023 strongly, with great crowd support. Nice to see the NRL recognising this with the early season scheduling. Should be a big crowd for Go Media + weather looks good.

Should be helped by no AFL in Melbourne this week (and no other clashes like Formula 1). Unfortunately doesn't look like it has moved more tickets as there's still lots of seats still available in the upper tiers.

Last two installments of this rivalry have drawn 26,451 (2022) and 27,655 (2023) at Commbank. You'd expect this year to be similar, so I'll go up the middle and say 27,000.

- Saturday 9 March 2024 7:35pm at Cbus Super Stadium: Titans vs Dragons - 18,000.
A good draw for the Titans and a good weather forecast should help them to push the high teens.

Sounds like ticket sales have been a bit slow for what should be a blockbuster Qld Derby. Hopefully a big volume of tickets are moved in the next few days.
Thank you for this. Melbourne is very disappointing. I’m coming home from an intrusive operation Friday afternoon and I will need beer and footy. A big crowd would help.

beave

Coach

tickets sales for NQ v Phins is only slow because The are a bunch of clowns with their ticketing strategy. They only put public tickets out 2 weeks ago and they are not only selling certain bays. I get it, don't open the top tiers on the W, N and S stands but open it up on the East and just sell everything else at a decent price. They tried to inflate their membership numbers by holding off general tix by offering the 1 game membership bullshit up until the last minute the dawwwgs.

Brian potter

First Grade
What’s happened to the capacity at Mt smart?

I thought it had a capacity of 28k which could be extended to just over 30k with temporary seating.

Alright predictions for the NRL’s newest themed round ‘Most Vulnerable Round’.

“While you go on holidays, we’ll rob your house,”

Newcastle 22k - Thursday knocks a few thousand off.
Auckland 23k - Sellout.
Melbourne 19k - Hopefully 20k+ but 8pm Friday may keep a few families away.
Parra 28k - Sellout.
Gold Coast 18k - Hopefully better.
Suncorp 30k - Depending on if the Dolphins ticketing guys ever open up some more bays.

Hahah, thats just sad…

NRL Vegas might be the other side of the world, but it will keep a lock on all media headlines

The only people who would even know a Gnats game is happening are the diehard VfL fans

A

As with magic round the NRL will list seperate crowds that correlate with how many people were in the stadium for each game, but for end of season aggregate and averages only the total amount of attendees will be counted and divided by the number of games, which I believe is the correct way to do it and doesn't distort the averages.

That is the right way to do it.

The only arguement I can imagine against that is from someone who is incredibly bitter and is just looking for opposition teams to fail…

APPSY

Juniors
86 remaining COUNTABLE tickets for the Wahs vs Sharks game.
23 tickets remaining in the Eastern stand.
63 in the Western stand.

Obviously you have the South stand that is GA which is impossible to see how many have sold there.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Broncos vs Roosters on Friday May 3 has started to shift some tickets. Our fanbase is MAD. No point talking about it given how far out it is but level 7 might open soon and once it does it means that already half of our home games will have level 7 open.

nko11

Juniors
Update on the Titans vs Dragons game:
They have opened more seats in sections 9, 12, 13,14, 18, 19 & 22. Previously only half were available, while 22 only just opened the seats available today. The sideline seats are starting to sell very well. Should see it push past 15k now and work towards 20k. The way we're releasing our tickets is... interesting to say the least.
Have 23, 24, 25, 26 or 30 been open to the public at all?
If not, TV arc is going to have one side packed, the other empty.

APPSY

Juniors
Have 23, 24, 25, 26 or 30 been open to the public at all?
If not, TV arc is going to have one side packed, the other empty.
23-26 I believe are member designated sections.
30 I presume is 'sold' as when you look at future games, we have it open. Hoping as the season goes on I can get more of an understanding how it works on Ticketmaster. The only benefit is that it is 10x easier to count. The rest of it, especially how they are releasing the tickets has me arse over tits

Edit - 26 is GA.

Last edited:

yakstorm

First Grade

I thought it had a capacity of 28k which could be extended to just over 30k with temporary seating.

Technically the capacity is meant to be 25K, with up to 6,000 seats able to be added to the north bank (Source) of course when the Warriors supposedly had the extra capacity and when they didn't doesn't really line up with some of their crowds.

For the NRL Finals, there was over 26K at Mt Smart, despite the All Blacks seats being long gone. Even the Dragons game at 25K (Highlights) and you can see the north bank doesn't have any seats.

Crowds when grandstand was down to single seats before kick off:
23,695 v Cowboys - April
20,395 v Roosters - April
23,686 v Dolphins - June
22,612 v Rabbitohs - June
24,012 v Sharks - July *Expanded Capacity
19,112 v Raiders - July *Expanded Capacity
24,112 v Sea Eagles - August
25,095 v Dragons - August
26,083 v Knights - September

Hope is that the named crowd on the weekend will be closer to what the Warriors were naming in September, than what they were naming in April.

ouwet

Bench
Don't know how many Parramatta season ticket holders for Rd 1 but all tickets left in the game is well under 2,000

Only because I'm a loser and work is a little quiet... I went through and counted them up.

135 available in Dogs bay
90 in all of gold
Roughly 1300 in silver
49 in bronze
51 in alcohol free
32 in platinum
2 in premium

Total tickets left - 1659 (Pretty close but silver was rough count).

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

Hasn’t been that high for years. Normal capacity is around 24K. The extra 6K comes from removing the fan zone area at the north end and installing a tier of seats there plus putting temporary stands on the northern hill behind. In the past the club used to sell the north hill as a GA area but I suspect that isn’t done now for OHS reasons as it’s quite steep.

APPSY

Juniors
Update for Titans vs Dragons:
They have now opened the back sections of 30-32. Weirdest ticketing releases ever as the opposite side is, well, not selling.

APPSY

Juniors
How Round 1.5 is looking:
Knights vs Raiders - Should crack 20k plus, but it is a Thursday game so we will see...
Wahs vs Sharks - There are 14 NON GA seats left. should hopefully be able to call it a Sell out tomorrow arvo or morning of.
Storm vs Panthers - This one is rough. I am not familiar with how AAMI Park sells, but judging by what I am seeing, it'll probably be one of two games this weekend that is below 20k.

Eels vs Bulldogs - @ouwet thanks for the insight earlier mate, this one should be a sell out close to 30,000+.

Titans vs Dragons - I highly doubt this game will reach 20,000. 15,000+ would be outstanding and 20,000 will take us back to a 2010 type of feel, but I genuinely cannot get a read on how we are releasing tickets this year. It has me baffled. And yes, as always, I doubt my own fanbase. All I know is I'll see the regulars who are there no matter if we win or lose. Hopefully the Dragons QLD fanbase are travelling in numbers?

Dolphins vs Cowboys - The way the Phins team released their tickets are by far the worst amongst the bunch. WHY TRY AND MILK 1 GAME MEMBERSHIPS YOU HOUNDS?... In saying that, should be above 20k also.

Either way, should see 20k plus for majority of games. Key word is SHOULD.