What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

wests1

Juniors
I reckon they’ve hit 20k considering the western side is more full than normal.
AAMI fills up after kick off traditionally too.

Vlad59

Bench
Broncos pay $400k a game rental for suncorp so yes you’d think an extra $600k ticket sales plus the much better corporate facilities would more than cover the extra cost. The joys of bringing another suburban club into the nrl, they bring the mentality with them.
Shut up you depressing turd

wests1

Juniors
Broncos pay $400k a game rental for suncorp so yes you’d think an extra $600k ticket sales plus the much better corporate facilities would more than cover the extra cost. The joys of bringing another suburban club into the nrl, they bring the mentality with them.
PR I have always agreed with your expansionary views. But surely you can acknowledge that the game is best suited by expanding while preserving our traditions?
Is the epl really cheapened by having Bournemouth and Luton and Brentford play in it? Their small grounds add a certain magic to an otherwise owner dominated comp in my opinion.

The_Wookie

Bench

This helps preserve their tribal nature. I wish Carlton could still play matches at Princes Park

shewi6

Juniors
A News ltd article is claiming dolphins have passed 30k members and are expecting a crowd close to 40k for sunday.
Posted the article in the 2024 jersey thread.

shewi6

Juniors
Just need Gold Coast fans to show up for every crowd over 20k. Probably unlikely but any chance with strong walk ups?
Hard to tell on tickermaster, the sections available seem to habe decent sales.
But about a third of the ground is either GA or reserved for members so can't know what the full picture is.
Here's hoping it breaks 20k.
Has it ever happened that all crowds in a full round have been over 20k?

yakstorm

First Grade
So after 5 games, we are at 107,369 (21,474 avg)

So with 3 games to go, we should get between 27K - 29K at Commbank for the sell out, 30K+ for Suncorp and then the mystery guess of Gold Coast. We'll easily crack 170K for the round, hopefully we can creep towards 190K.

APPSY

Juniors
Just need Gold Coast fans to show up for every crowd over 20k. Probably unlikely but any chance with strong walk ups?
Weirdly enough, wouldn't fault the Titans members for this. It's dependant on if the QLD Dragons fan base decide to show up and show out for the first game of 2024. They used to travel in big big numbers. But also, we're sadly not the biggest draw in town tomorrow.. You have the suns game that has already sold out against Richmond.

wests1

Juniors
I reckon over 15k is an awesome effort on the Gold Coast if they can achieve it. We have to remember where we’re coming from. Two teams who missed the 8 last year playing on Saturday night with next to zero promotion from anyone bar the clubs involved would have got us 10-12k 5 years ago. If we were lucky.
We just need to see these sort of games trend upwards to claim that we’re back to early 90s standards.
It’s a big claim, but even if our averages over the year go down on last year but are up on other years over the past five, we can start to talk about a trend upwards.

APPSY

Juniors
Titans have just opened the first half of section 32 a day out before the game. Just gonna play it safe and set 15,000 as a bench mark. Will know more after the crowd is announced tomorrow of how they're selling their tickets, etc.

Perth Red

Post Whore
PR I have always agreed with your expansionary views. But surely you can acknowledge that the game is best suited by expanding while preserving our traditions?
Is the epl really cheapened by having Bournemouth and Luton and Brentford play in it? Their small grounds add a certain magic to an otherwise owner dominated comp in my opinion.
No, I don’t think it’s a good look for the nrl to be played in 10k stadiums, especially for the games newest club that was brought in on the back of a supposed massive demand for a second Brisbane club.