What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

yakstorm

First Grade
Massive and level 6 just opened up.

Level 4 East all but sold out around 100 or so left.
Level 6 seems to be moving relatively quickly as well. First 5 rows in some of the bays are already half gone.

Alcohol free GA is down to last 100 tickets. Opposition Reserved is down to single seats, hopefully the GA areas have been selling as well as the reserved seats & Accor members turn up in force on Level 4 East.

Wow, that's a massive pax update (with 5+ hours to go!).

Current state of play:
- Black = either sold out or down to single seats
- Yellow = limited availability
- Level 6 East open in full

This has blown my expectations out of the water. 50,000 now definitely in play. That would be huge for not just both clubs, but also the NRL and the broader notion that Sydney is not an in-person sports city (noting this is in the same week as strong competition from 76,000+ for Matildas, 77,000+ for State of Origin, 44,000+ for the Swans yesterday and also 20,000+ for the Panthers).

1717986445544.png

I was wanting to go but convincing friends to go to Accor has proven a challenge. Bring on Sydney Metro West which means you can have a drink and a feed at a city pub and then be at your seat at Accor within 30 min of leaving a city pub.

Billythekid

First Grade
Wow, that's a massive pax update (with 5+ hours to go!).

Current state of play:
- Black = either sold out or down to single seats
- Yellow = limited availability
- Level 6 East open in full

This has blown my expectations out of the water. 50,000 now definitely in play. That would be huge for not just both clubs, but also the NRL and the broader notion that Sydney is not an in-person sports city (noting this is in the same week as strong competition from 76,000+ for Matildas, 77,000+ for State of Origin, 44,000+ for the Swans yesterday and also 20,000+ for the Panthers).

View attachment 89372

I was wanting to go but convincing friends to go to Accor has proven a challenge. Bring on Sydney Metro West which means you can have a drink and a feed at a city pub and then be at your seat at Accor within 30 min of leaving a city pub.
How to we report posts to mods? I’ve tried to wipe that black dot off my screen half a dozen times now, this is a crime against humanity.

Here's the ten biggest regular season rugby league crowds (excluding double headers) in Sydney (since 1957 anyway):

Hopefully today can crack the top ten!!

1Stadium AustraliaRabbitohs vs Roosters59,7082013
2Sydney Cricket GroundTigers vs Dragons55,9341966
3Sydney Cricket GroundRabbitohs vs Dragons53,1461969
4Sydney Cricket GroundEels vs Dragons51,9191964
5Stadium AustraliaBulldogs vs Rabbitohs51,6862013
6Stadium AustraliaEels vs Tigers50,6682014
7Sydney Cricket GroundDragons vs Rabbitohs50,1531967
8Sydney Cricket GroundRoosters vs Sea Eagles50,1301974
9Sydney Cricket GroundDragons vs Bears47,3981959
10Sydney Cricket GroundRabbitohs vs Dragons47,2981972

Suitman

Post Whore

Absolutely. It will be a game changer for SOP.
All we will need then is the Kogarah - Macquarie Park via Olympic Park metro to just about link every NRL team in Sydney properly.
Manly fans can stay in their cocoon and continue to enjoy their bus rides. :)

docbrown

Coach
Just bought tickets to todays game pax at 46500

I’ve always said these 2 teams are the league’s biggest Sydney clubs. Just imagine they had same success as Roosters and Bunnies
They're all big clubs. They just go through lull periods but the support is always there in the background. What has really changed is that we're building a proper attendance culture in the league. The league will go from a 20k average to a 25k average pretty quickly, as attendance culture becomes a positive feedback loop and eventually the main restriction become stadium capacities.

shewi6

Juniors
An argument could be made this current run of crowds is being held back by stadium capacity already.

Sharks the obvious one with their form could be averaging 17k at a full shark park, more if they took a couple event games to the sfs.

Penrith pretty much at capacity every game.
Warriors will be sold out for the season.
Manly have had multiple sellouts already.
Broncos also with sellouts limited by stadium members and capacity.

I think the average for this year would be closer to 25k than 20k if you swapped the bulldogs and eels for penrith and sharks.

Vlad59

Juniors
2 weeks ago, I would have thought that a 30 000 crowd for this game would be impressive.
To think we are talking about 50 000+ is mind boggling.
I went to a rabbits bulldogs prelim some years ago with over 70000. Was shocked by the bulldogs support. Outnumbered the rabbits significantly. Big bulldogs win and not much fun getting home with a bunnies supporter with me. Huge night.

Latest posts