What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

SouthsCountry

Juniors
I've said it multiple times before but I will say it again

Roosters, souths, Dragons and Wests to play each other twice a year every year at the SFS. Reciprocal membership rights for full season ticket holders where appropriate. Not ANZAC Day and not roosters/souths as they draw a paid close to sell out crowd in their own right. Obviously when there is no reciprocation then "away" members get an exclusive window for tickets.

That would mean in the case of the roosters (and souths when they make the move) they get 3 'away' games at the SFS which enables them to take more of the low drawing interstate teams elsewhere more often whilst still being able to offer 10-12 games at the SFS as part of a membership package
Homebush should be the same for the Dogs (and Souths while we're still there)

Obviously they won't do full reciprocal rights, but make tickets half price for opposition members at the southern end.

IIRC Souths put a discount on Parra's GA Bay a few weeks ago and that section sold out; somehow helped that game go from being a 11-12k embarrassment to a 15k pass

Steel Saints

Juniors
I've said it multiple times before but I will say it again

Roosters, souths, Dragons and Wests to play each other twice a year every year at the SFS. Reciprocal membership rights for full season ticket holders where appropriate. Not ANZAC Day and not roosters/souths as they draw a paid close to sell out crowd in their own right. Obviously when there is no reciprocation then "away" members get an exclusive window for tickets.

That would mean in the case of the roosters (and souths when they make the move) they get 3 'away' games at the SFS which enables them to take more of the low drawing interstate teams elsewhere more often whilst still being able to offer 10-12 games at the SFS as part of a membership package
So basically the Dragons NEVER play against the Roosters, Souths or Wests in Wollongong

Valheru

Coach
So basically the Dragons NEVER play against the Roosters, Souths or Wests in Wollongong
Yes

I assume you live in Wollongong? But beyond that, why as a club would they ever want to? Forget about the SFS, surely Kogarah would be the most suitable for those opponents anyways?

Steel Saints

Juniors
Yes

I assume you live in Wollongong? But beyond that, why as a club would they ever want to? Forget about the SFS, surely Kogarah would be the most suitable for those opponents anyways?
It's an appalling idea. Plus Kogarah is roughly the same capacity as Win.

Hypothetically if the Dragons leave Kogarah and play their six Sydney games at Allianz, you could balance the draw. Alternate teams every second year. In one year, the Dragons play home games against Souths, Roosters and Wests, while the following year, they draw against Sharks, Parra and Dogs.

You shouldn't freeze out teams from a certain area.

docbrown

Coach
You can maximise PH. I suggested around six weeks ago that Canberra should host a match on ANZAC eve.

When you look at the current season schedule, from rounds 1 to 14, there's:

*Las Vegas
*Easter
*Anzac Day
*Magic Round
*Kings Birthday

Now we are in the second half of the season. What events occur from rounds 15 to 27??
We should have mini cup games inside the league with their own tables. Two obvious ones are:

Queensland Cup - 12 games per season - with matches between Cowboys, Broncos, Titans, Dolphins
In Round 25 - schedule Dolphins vs Cowboys & Titans vs Broncos etc - 1 of those games will likely decide the cup winner

Western Sydney Cup - 12 games per season - with matches between Bulldogs, Panthers, Eels & Tigers
In Round 25 - schedule Bulldogs vs Panthers & Eels vs Tigers etc - 1 of those games will likely decide the cup winner

It makes those 12 derby games each season have an additional meaning.

Similarly you could do:

Eastern Sydney Cup - 12 games per season - Sea Eagles, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Sharks
Round 25 - Rabbitohs vs Sharks, Roosters vs Sea Eagles -

Knights, Dragons, Raiders - regional NSW/ACT teams
Warriors vs New Zealand 2

Last edited:

yakstorm

First Grade
Knights crowd could be really good, something close to 30k I'm predicting.
One hill is sold out and the grandstands are at least 80% sold.
Hopefully it does push 30K. This round we're unlikely to get to 160K, but 140K+ is doable. Knights and Manly joining the Warriors as sold out games goes a long way to getting us there. Hopefully one of the other games can over perform, however I'm expecting roughly a 14K average between Raiders, Rabbitohs, Eels & Wests Tigers (happy to be wrong though).

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Gee Sunday's games should get some cracking crowds. A packed Brooky and Newy. Just hope the weather is good.

Vlad59

Bench
Not talking about it isn’t going to make it go away mate.

something needs to be done about it as it’s embarrassing a stellar competition like the NRL.
Given you are a first rate moron I’ll try and explain the situation for you by typing this slowly.
A sell out means all the tickets are sold. There are no tickets left. They are sold. You can’t buy anymore tickets.
Now assuming even a Pommy twat like you understands that let’s try this. Some people are members. Members usually buy season tickets. But sadly sometimes they can’t get to a game. Therefore they can’t sit in their seat. Therefore the seat is empty unless they give it to somebody else.
Other empty seats are caused by people who bought tickets being unable to attend, therefore their seat is empty.
Finally sometimes people leave their seats to buy things like food and drinks. While they are absent from their seat they are not sitting in it.
Now sit back , try and absorb this and get back to me when that slab of meat you call a brain finally understands it.

Brian potter

Bench
Given you are a first rate moron I’ll try and explain the situation for you by typing this slowly.
A sell out means all the tickets are sold. There are no tickets left. They are sold. You can’t buy anymore tickets.
Now assuming even a Pommy twat like you understands that let’s try this. Some people are members. Members usually buy season tickets. But sadly sometimes they can’t get to a game. Therefore they can’t sit in their seat. Therefore the seat is empty unless they give it to somebody else.
Other empty seats are caused by people who bought tickets being unable to attend, therefore their seat is empty.
Finally sometimes people leave their seats to buy things like food and drinks. While they are absent from their seat they are not sitting in it.
Now sit back , try and absorb this and get back to me when that slab of meat you call a brain finally understands it.
And what does any of this have to do with sharky parky being a tiny dump?

or maybe you’re smashed again and replied to the wrong post?

Latest posts