What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

horrie hastings

First Grade
I think that’s the third sellout at Campbelltown for WT’s this season.
I can’t remember it happening before this year (I’m sure someone will correct me if that’s wrong).
Maybe Richo coming out and saying that they will start to pay attention to the region might have been just the ticket.
Not having a dig but wasn't the last time they announced a sellout at Campbelltown there were only just over 11,000 when they announced the official crowd ?

Billythekid

First Grade
I think what's been lost in the aftermath of yesterday's game is how impressive that crowd was, it obliterated the regular season record between the two set in 2000.

Roosters have shown some initiative and tried to create a 2nd event game (ANZAC Day being the first) with this emergency services theme and the inaugural one was a resounding success. It has longevity in it as well as I understand it they will rotate who they honour (fire service or ambos next year).

Should be more of this by all the clubs. I'm sure there are plenty of themes and events to be taken advantage of.
How often do any Sydney teams get a crowd like that against a non Sydney side let alone Canberra? It was a fantastic crowd.
They shouldn't neglect it. I have heard the 'demographic' arguments and I reckon they are bullshit.

It is entirely possible to get non traditional supporters of the sport into the game. Another thing I will credit the Roosters with is the fact they have a fairly healthy contingent of people of East Asian heritage supporting them.
I think this is something that isn’t spoken about enough. You always hear talk about how certain cities or suburbs are seeing huge population growth and the potential for sports to capitalise on it but few talk about the source of that growth.

Australia’s birth rate has plummeted like most of the world and the only reason we’re still growing is because of immigration. These are people from different cultures and likely different sporting backgrounds. If sporting codes are serious about expanding their supporter bases they need to be looking at targeting different cultures as well.

Latest posts