What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Dark Corner

Juniors
So excellent crowds for at Penrith, NZ and Allianz and good turn out for the WT but would of liked more at Parra and Newcastle but same fixtures last was 21,296 at WSW and but remember Eels first 3 home games including the 3rd game against Penrith(Thrusday) all got below 18,000.
Newcastles fixture last year got 20661 but first 3 home games were 20093, 15106 and 18007.

Thats true to an extent, but people were still going in large numbers. If those games were at the suburban grounds then we wood have locked people out. That's not good business .
I agree, but for example, the Tigers vs Titans will not draw 20k at Accor unless we are going in on a 5 game winning run. It may as well be left at Leichhardt. If Accor got 4 dud games whilst Leichhardt and Campbelltown get some bigger drawing sides the averages would probably be fairly comparable, even with the capacities as they are now.

If games are drawing 10k they should not be played in front of 70k empty seats as well.

Bukowski

Bench
I agree, but for example, the Tigers vs Titans will not draw 20k at Accor unless we are going in on a 5 game winning run. It may as well be left at Leichhardt. If Accor got 4 dud games whilst Leichhardt and Campbelltown get some bigger drawing sides the averages would probably be fairly comparable, even with the capacities as they are now.

If games are drawing 10k they should not be played in front of 70k empty seats as well.
None of the three grounds are suitable for NRL unfortunately.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The dragons need to be playing home games consistently at WIN stadium to build up a presence and rapport with the Wollongong public with maybe the home game against souths played at kogarah or alliance stadium.
walking around Wollongong you wouldn’t know it was home of the dragons, they could do with raising their profile here. In fact out and about I see more souths merch than dragons merch out.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Accor is as sht as suburban dumps. These clubs in unsuitable venues need to be at Allianz or commbank. Two world class mid sized stadiums being under utilised.

Wb1234

Immortal
1-1 record with new premiership winning coach. First Sydney game of the year, fine weather, nice timeslot.

Nope not by much if any but you’re the one who brought new stadiums in to it.

Sydney clubs bring zero fans or close to it to Townsville.

Because you’re saying their crowds of 10% of the immediate population are poor. That would be like saying Newcastle averaging 40k+ is poor.

Sure, if you want to include Cairns to Mackay throw in the population within a 400km radius of every other team and Cowboys pull even further ahead in “pound for pound” crowds.
It’s a Townsville team when you work out crowd as a percentage of population

but the minute png want to be based in cairns then that changes

I know loads of dragons fans indeed for many years they dragged me along to gsmes

none are going now

it’s got nothing to do with the state of kogarah

win crowds aren’t much better

it’s a club issue

jim_57

Staff member
It’s a Townsville team when you work out crowd as a percentage of population

but the minute png want to be based in cairns then that changes

I know loads of dragons fans indeed for many years they dragged me along to gsmes

none are going now

it’s got nothing to do with the state of kogarah

win crowds aren’t much better

it’s a club issue

Like I said if you to bring Cairns in to it put a 400km radius around any team and Cowboys pull further ahead as undisputed crowds to population champions. Strongest RL heartland you’ll find per-capita.

Dragons aren’t going any worse than the Tigers. Bulldogs not much better either. We’re allowed to call a shit crowd a shit crowd.

Wb1234

Immortal
Like I said if you to bring Cairns in to it put a 400km radius around any team and Cowboys pull further ahead as undisputed crowds to population champions. Strongest RL heartland you’ll find per-capita.

Dragons aren’t going any worse than the Tigers. Bulldogs not much better either. We’re allowed to call a shit crowd a shit crowd.
I’m not saying it was a good crowd

I’m saying why dragons fans aren’t showing up and it’s nothing to do with the state of the ground

when the team shows some grit they will come out of the woodwork

leichardt is a much better ground too watch footy too

kogarah is actually an oval

Perth Red

Post Whore
When’s Hull KR moving to play out of MKM Stadium?
If hkr could get over 17k I’m sure they’d have considered it. It was supposed to be built in the city for both clubs to use, as soon as it was decided to be built in west hull rovers were never going to play there. As it turned out it was a good thing now we own our ground again and have lots of development and money making opportunities that go with that in land development around it.

not sure what any of that has to do with the nrl and sht suburban grounds drawing sub 5 figure crowds though? maybe just trolling?

reanimate

Bench
If hkr could get over 17k I’m sure they’d have considered it. It was supposed to be built in the city for both clubs to use, as soon as it was decided to be built in west hull rovers were never going to play there. As it turned out it was a good thing now we own our ground again and have lots of development and money making opportunities that go with that in land development around it.

not sure what any of that has to do with the nrl and sht suburban grounds drawing sub 5 figure crowds though? maybe just trolling?
One of your regular points of contention when it comes to NRL clubs and their stadium choices is that clubs could be drawing better crowds playing out of bigger, more modern stadiums. That applies to Hull KR as much as it applies to NRL clubs. Maybe Hull KR would be pulling a higher average if they were playing out of MKM.

‘as soon as it was decided to be built in west hull rovers were never going to play there.’ - that’s the same rationale that has, for example, Tigers fans not keen to play out of Commbank, Allianz etc, as those stadiums are in the heart of Parra and Roosters/Souths territories, yet it’s ok in this case for Hull KR to turn their nose up at a bigger, better stadium?

final say

Juniors
One of your regular points of contention when it comes to NRL clubs and their stadium choices is that clubs could be drawing better crowds playing out of bigger, more modern stadiums. That applies to Hull KR as much as it applies to NRL clubs. Maybe Hull KR would be pulling a higher average if they were playing out of MKM.

‘as soon as it was decided to be built in west hull rovers were never going to play there.’ - that’s the same rationale that has, for example, Tigers fans not keen to play out of Commbank, Allianz etc, as those stadiums are in the heart of Parra and Roosters/Souths territories, yet it’s ok in this case for Hull KR to turn their nose up at a bigger, better stadium?
Are you suggesting that Perth Red may have a contradiction?
It's almost like all his opinions are based off self interest... could it be ? Lol

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
or Auckland need to build a proper stadium for the rugby codes - though imagine that would be 50k capacity or more
It 100% does but that’s a big expensive long term project with all the usual political hurdles.
A capacity upgrade to Mt Smart could be achieved with a modest spend and be quickly achievable and cover the years it’d inevitably take to get the new stadium built.