What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

yakstorm

First Grade
Storm v Knights match in Fiji is now at 4,003, with gates opening in a few hours. I'd expect a couple of thousand walk up, so should get to around 6,000. Definitely a new record for RL in Fiji, but if they return, they possibly want to revisit pricing.

Delboy

First Grade
Feels like a missed opportunity for the NRL, prices should have been more affordable for the locals. Bigger crowd, more children in attendance, games like this should not focus on financial return but on visibility and interest.
PVL and Abdo missed the point in this game, then again Vegas was more appealing to them, poor focus.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Do the Wahs have the whole stadium open? Very impressive if that’s the case with the sellout
Nope, just read they capped it at 19,000. Still insane.

...the initial allocation exhausted through members and casual sales, 3000 tickets were released on Tuesday for the lower tier of the open South Stand. This capped capacity for the game at about 19,000.

jim_57

Staff member
Feels like a missed opportunity for the NRL, prices should have been more affordable for the locals. Bigger crowd, more children in attendance, games like this should not focus on financial return but on visibility and interest.
PVL and Abdo missed the point in this game, then again Vegas was more appealing to them, poor focus.

At least sell the hill for cheaper to pack it out a bit, Fiji is hardly flush with disposable cash.

yakstorm

First Grade
The Me + 3 deal seems to be doing wonders for the Las Vegas opener. Looks like a fair amount has sold since yesterday.
Ticket sales for Vegas is looking very promising and there is very little capacity left in the TV arc on the first and second floors.

I'm calculating around 23,000 sold in the lower bowl and 7,000 on the second level. Third floor is a bit unknown, as there has been up to 18 bays on sale on this level at various stages. Assuming those on the third floor that were previously sold weren't reallocated somewhere else, I reckon we'd be around 3,000 on the third floor, bringing us to around 33K pre-sold.

APPSY

Juniors
Ticket sales for Vegas is looking very promising and there is very little capacity left in the TV arc on the first and second floors.

I'm calculating around 23,000 sold in the lower bowl and 7,000 on the second level. Third floor is a bit unknown, as there has been up to 18 bays on sale on this level at various stages. Assuming those on the third floor that were previously sold weren't reallocated somewhere else, I reckon we'd be around 3,000 on the third floor, bringing us to around 33K pre-sold.
Just counted what's left (praise be to ticket master for showing majority of available seats):

Lower Bowl (Sections 101-144):

Second Level (Sections 201-248):

Sections 309-315:

If we can reach at least 40,000+, I'll be absolutely stoked.

Iamback

Coach
The NRL is so frustrating, it's does a great thing by taking a game to Fiji but then prices the tickets too expensive.

What's the piont of taking a game to Fiji to play in an empty stadium.

Often with games like this NRL or clubs have no control over pricing

Iamback

Coach
Yeh I assume that's a local/promoter decision.

Still shows us that RL taking over the Pacific is a mammoth task.

It is easier when you have more games there but it is a start. Put a test match there at the end of the year and see how it goes

taste2taste

Juniors
Yeh I assume that's a local/promoter decision.

Still shows us that RL taking over the Pacific is a mammoth task.
I wouldn't be judging the popularity of the NRL in Fiji based off a crowd at an over priced trail game. Considering the ticket prices and it was a trail the crowd wasn't too bad.

If you read the local Fijian paper or the news ( aired in Australia on SBS ) you'll see the NRL gets just as much coverage as Rugby Union.

Canard

Immortal
I wouldn't be judging the popularity of the NRL in Fiji based off a crowd at an over priced trail game. Considering the ticket prices and it was a trail the crowd wasn't too bad.

If you read the local Fijian paper or the news ( aired in Australia on SBS ) you'll see the NRL gets just as much coverage as Rugby Union.
The crowd was terrible, let's not shy away from that.

The fact that Union has started, and the NRL was only a trial no doubt hurt the game.

What are the prices of the Union sides games? And what crowds do they get? (I have no idea)

Last edited: