What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Vee

First Grade
https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...i/news-story/bbaa5175ca4a5f683fc335e0500c41c9
Ticket sales for the inaugural NRL season kick-off in Las Vegas continues to climb with 35,000 seats sold for the historic double-header.

Interest in rugby league’s arrival in the US has steadily built with a crowd of over 40,000 at Allegiant Stadium a distinct possibility.

With several days of media and marketing lined-up with all four teams in Sin City later this week, the NRL will be hoping that the 65,000 seat capacity stadium will be closer to full by kick-off on Sunday afternoon.

King hit

Coach
Last night is a perfect example of why games shouldn't be at NQ in Feb/early March. Also not sure why it wasn't made a Saturday night game, 9 probably wanted it on a Friday for better ratings but it would have had a couple thousand more in attendance on a saturday night.
Remember when they suggested the nines for Suncorp Stadium. f**king idiocy

We are just over a month out from the Good Friday clash between the Rabbitohs and the Bulldogs at Accor Stadium.

Level 4 is already open, which suggests forward ticket sales are healthy and we should expect a good crowd once more. If both teams (particularly the Bulldogs) start the year well, and are in the top 8 come the Easter long weekend, I suspect this one could nudge 40,000 for the first time since 2015.

1709024058716.png

Valheru

Coach
We are just over a month out from the Good Friday clash between the Rabbitohs and the Bulldogs at Accor Stadium.

Level 4 is already open, which suggests forward ticket sales are healthy and we should expect a good crowd once more. If both teams (particularly the Bulldogs) start the year well, and are in the top 8 come the Easter long weekend, I suspect this one could nudge 40,000 for the first time since 2015.

View attachment 84562
This is also souths first home game of the season which probably helps.

It's also the dogs first at that ground with their only home game in the first 3 rounds being Belmore.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Just noticed that CBUS has changed to Ticketmaster. That means that all large venues managed by Stadiums QLD (Gabba, CBUS, Carrara, & QCBS) other than Suncorp use Ticketmaster.

I've emailed Suncorp Stadium and let them know that Ticketek is trash and it's time to move over at their next contract. Susan on the reception desk probs won't give a f**k but I was BORED this morning.
Susan somewhat agrees and has passed my rant up the chain. By mid year I might just message the 'Director of Events' and 'Director of Operations' of the Stadium because I've found them on linkedin. No one is safe from my Karening and I would like to take ticketek down.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Code Sports and Abdo on WWOS have confirmed that sales have surpassed 35,000 for Vegas game, so surpassing 40K is looking more and more promising.

Would love to see it push up towards 45K.
This is what 29,750 looked like at the 2022 Las Vegas Bowl. I think 40k would have the lower and middle tier looking packed and should look great on the tele. I don't think we will manage to get more in the top tier than this pic though.
1920px-2022_Las_Vegas_Bowl_Allegiant_Stadium.jpg

yakstorm

First Grade
This is what 29,750 looked like at the 2022 Las Vegas Bowl. I think 40k would have the lower and middle tier looking packed and should look great on the tele. I don't think we will manage to get more in the top tier than this pic though.
Thanks for sharing the reference point. I'll admit, I wouldn't have thought that crowd was anywhere near 30K based upon how empty it is behind the in-goals.

Still gives me more confidence that we're on track for a decent crowd based upon Ticketmaster & what the media is saying (said 38K sold on Triple M this morning).

Additional sections have been opened up in the top tier, which is encouraging.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Thanks for sharing the reference point. I'll admit, I wouldn't have thought that crowd was anywhere near 30K based upon how empty it is behind the in-goals.

Still gives me more confidence that we're on track for a decent crowd based upon Ticketmaster & what the media is saying (said 38K sold on Triple M this morning).

Additional sections have been opened up in the top tier, which is encouraging.
38k presold sounds good! The $19 tickets seem to be flying out - might need to open say 322-328 up at that price point. Or 303-308 and 341-347 but who knows what they'll do.

ouwet

Bench

View attachment 84562

I did a quick search and from what I can see all South Sydney games are being sold with those Level 4 green marking seats being opened! I think you're reading to much into it.

APPSY

Juniors
It seams that they have opened all the remaining tickets in the lower bowl and the 200 sections. I wonder what the vibe and feel of it all is currently leading up to the game in Vegas? Are Americans actually excited about it?

Also makes me wonder if they are either giving away tickets on the Vegas strip or if people are going out of their way to actually buy tickets. Would love for a 50/50 split of half international visitors and half locals / interstate.

blukablu

Juniors
It seams that they have opened all the remaining tickets in the lower bowl and the 200 sections. I wonder what the vibe and feel of it all is currently leading up to the game in Vegas? Are Americans actually excited about it?

Also makes me wonder if they are either giving away tickets on the Vegas strip or if people are going out of their way to actually buy tickets. Would love for a 50/50 split of half international visitors and half locals / interstate.

I wouldn't be surprised if a heap of locals just brought tickets to see the stadium. Raiders have a massive waitlist for season ticket holders and single tickets can go for $300-$400+ each.

Taking the whole family for $19 instead of $1,900 is pretty enticing.

taste2taste

Juniors
Realistically that's probably what the crowd will look like, sales should reach 40k but if 15k are only there out of curiosity they won't be glued to thier seats for the 2 games.

So about 30k is what it'll look like.

APPSY

Juniors
Screen Shot 2024-02-29 at 5.06.45 pm.pngCROWD UPDATE FOR LAS VEGAS:Lower Bowl (101-144) - 806
Middle (201-248) - 143
Top (309-315 & 336-340) - 443
TOTAL LEFT - 1,392

On Saturday, there was 3,013 available. More seats have sold and more sections opened since then, leaving 1,392 left.

Vlad59

Juniors
View attachment 84615CROWD UPDATE FOR LAS VEGAS:Lower Bowl (101-144) - 806
Middle (201-248) - 143
Top (309-315 & 336-340) - 443
TOTAL LEFT - 1,392

On Saturday, there was 3,013 available. More seats have sold and more sections opened since then, leaving 1,392 left.
What does that mean regarding a possible total crowd?

Iamback

Coach
I wouldn't be surprised if a heap of locals just brought tickets to see the stadium. Raiders have a massive waitlist for season ticket holders and single tickets can go for $300-$400+ each.

Taking the whole family for $19 instead of $1,900 is pretty enticing.

That is what I would do in that same situation, very few events held there for that price

Latest posts