What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

RedVee

First Grade
Are they all nasty and bitter old drunks like you mad vlad?
To be fair to the Sharks - and I’m not a Sharks fan - the capacity is this small because they are actively trying to improve the place.
It is currently higher capacity than it was a couple of years ago, around 11k I think then.
I’m confident within a couple of years they will be back up to 18-20k.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Origin game 2 looks to be selling very nicely. Not many sections left unless there’s some yet to be opened. Surely over 90k?
About 10 top level bays still on sale. They hold nearly 1000 each so there could be 5k or so left. The variable in the MCC members sections. It looks like they have released five top level bays to the public but that still leaves 20k tickets for MCC. You could get anywhere between 5k to 15k of those seats filled depending on the weather or other factors.

It is very difficult to crack 90k given the MCC members. Only one AFL games has topped 90k this season. All other sold out AFL games so far have end up around 88k.

80k - 85k on a cold Wednesday night would be brilliant.

Wb1234

Referee
We should have mini cup games inside the league with their own tables. Two obvious ones are:

Queensland Cup - 12 games per season - with matches between Cowboys, Broncos, Titans, Dolphins
In Round 25 - schedule Dolphins vs Cowboys & Titans vs Broncos etc - 1 of those games will likely decide the cup winner

Western Sydney Cup - 12 games per season - with matches between Bulldogs, Panthers, Eels & Tigers
In Round 25 - schedule Bulldogs vs Panthers & Eels vs Tigers etc - 1 of those games will likely decide the cup winner

It makes those 12 derby games each season have an additional meaning.

Similarly you could do:

Eastern Sydney Cup - 12 games per season - Sea Eagles, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Sharks
Round 25 - Rabbitohs vs Sharks, Roosters vs Sea Eagles -

Knights, Dragons, Raiders - regional NSW/ACT teams
Warriors vs New Zealand 2
Should do a Panasonic cup with midweek games during the season

but only if the players don’t cry like babies

shewi6

Juniors
To be fair to the Sharks - and I’m not a Sharks fan - the capacity is this small because they are actively trying to improve the place.
It is currently higher capacity than it was a couple of years ago, around 11k I think then.
I’m confident within a couple of years they will be back up to 18-20k.
That's not strictly true with regards to the stadium tho.
The stadium surrounds yes, a lot of improvements and developments have happened but as a result the stadium part is now reduced capacity in areas even when it fully re opens and there is no scope, room or money to do anything to fix that.

RedVee

First Grade
That's not strictly true with regards to the stadium tho.
The stadium surrounds yes, a lot of improvements and developments have happened but as a result the stadium part is now reduced capacity in areas even when it fully re opens and there is no scope, room or money to do anything to fix that.
Ok, I’ll take that onboard

Nolzy

Juniors
About 10 top level bays still on sale. They hold nearly 1000 each so there could be 5k or so left. The variable in the MCC members sections. It looks like they have released five top level bays to the public but that still leaves 20k tickets for MCC. You could get anywhere between 5k to 15k of those seats filled depending on the weather or other factors.

It is very difficult to crack 90k given the MCC members. Only one AFL games has topped 90k this season. All other sold out AFL games so far have end up around 88k.

80k - 85k on a cold Wednesday night would be brilliant.
Was the 92k crowd in 2015 largely due to the Melbourne Storm big 3 playing?

RedVee

First Grade
Was the 92k crowd in 2015 largely due to the Melbourne Storm big 3 playing?
Dunno. I was there and not because of that. A few of us made a trip out of it and got a Blues win. Happy Days.
Then the rot started next game in Qld and seemingly forever after.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dunno. I was there and not because of that. A few of us made a trip out of it and got a Blues win. Happy Days.
Then the rot started next game in Qld and seemingly forever after.
Except for Perth where nsw seem to play like Queensland lol

Latest posts