What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

T-Boon

Coach
I honestly feel like there's something going on like they count all season ticket holders regardless if they turn up or not.

You cannot tell me 2 out of every 3 seat was occupied tonight.
As an eels fan I’ve also had this thought.

beave

Coach
The stadium is misleading because you think it evenly seated but western stand only holds 4-5k I believe as it is corporate and premium seats only which is always full so if the rest of the stadium looks half full you get 18k

I understand what you are saying as the west side at Parra appears to have a bit less seating than the west at QCB (both have all the corporates on the one side, but QCB looks to have a bit more general seating in the west).

i just went and did a count on ticketmaster and ticketek and the rest of the lower bowl at Parra is 16 rows vs 14 at QCB, and upper is Parra 27 vs 30. So essentially they're pretty much the same bar the north end at QCB which is only 1 tier. This is why i can't understand the crowds announced at Parra at times, the top tiers look very sparse for the crowds announced. I know people stand at the back of the lower terraces so it might be a lot more people in those areas than I previously thought.

I cannot wait to visit it when I get the chance, this year I was pencilled in for the Cowbs game but work got in the way. The old parra I spent a lot of my teens years at in the mid 90's as my dad worked up the road on weekends. As a kid that grew up in NQ, having the chance to get dropped off and sit there for 6 hours on a sunday to see all 3 grades of top flight footy was absolute f**king heaven.

Last edited:

taste2taste

Juniors
But I thought people wanted local suburban grounds as they were easy to get to and from? There’s been plenty of 5 figure Thursday night games, that’s no excuse for a club sitting in top 3.
Hold your horses Mr Red.
Let's wait and see what size crowds the Perth Bears/Jets/Reds get in the pouring rain.

IMO the season is too long, fans suffer fatigue as much as the players. Gus Gould recommended a 20 game season, a shorter season means every game matters. It also allows internationals at the end of season.

I'm down with that.

docbrown

Coach
There's probably gonna be an average of 15k for a rain affected round with no Broncos home game in the middle of origin and people are bemoaning it.

Jesus wept lol.
Remember when we thought 15 K was a good crowd! About 2 years ago
Remember when 15-16k was pretty much the season average for like 16 years?
1718495188565.png
A 15k average for a bad round is a GOOD thing. You are going to have the occasional bad round due to lower ranked match ups and weather. What we have now though is a heap of rounds average 19-25k that pull up the overall season average.

2024: 11 rounds above the 2014 average of 15,905. 9 rounds above 19k.
1718495376090.png
2014: 8 rounds above the 2014 average of 15,905. 2 rounds above 19k.
1718495522563.png

Attachments

• 1718495443183.png
    1718495443183.png
    128 KB · Views: 0

beave

Coach
6th July game at QCB vs Manly looks to be well over the 20k mark already.

Cowbs have some of the bigger drawing clubs coming up in the back end of the season Bronx's, Storm plus the Manly game is on during Laurie Spina shield carnival weekend, Doggies are playing well so should be enticing.

Hopefully this sees us get up to 20-21k average for the season. Only concern is the amount of home games in NQ compacted into the last 1/3 of the season may see some people pick a few games over others.

Frank Burge

Juniors
I
I understand what you are saying as the west side at Parra appears to have a bit less seating than the west at QCB (both have all the corporates on the one side, but QCB looks to have a bit more general seating in the west).

i just went and did a count on ticketmaster and ticketek and the rest of the lower bowl at Parra is 16 rows vs 14 at QCB, and upper is Parra 27 vs 30. So essentially they're pretty much the same bar the north end at QCB which is only 1 tier. This is why i can't understand the crowds announced at Parra at times, the top tiers look very sparse for the crowds announced. I know people stand at the back of the lower terraces so it might be a lot more people in those areas than I previously thought.

I cannot wait to visit it when I get the chance, this year I was pencilled in for the Cowbs game but work got in the way. The old parra I spent a lot of my teens years at in the mid 90's as my dad worked up the road on weekends. As a kid that grew up in NQ, having the chance to get dropped off and sit there for 6 hours on a sunday to see all 3 grades of top flight footy was absolute f**king heaven.
It’s a great stadium, I tried to get up to QCB for the prelim in 22 but was sold out. Commbank has no ordinary seating in the western grandstand it’s all boxes or function room premium seats , I have had an outdoor 6 seater box since it opened and would guess you could fit 10-12 seats in the same space not including the function rooms. You do see thousands of people standing on the concourse especially when the sun is hitting the grandstand in the early months of the season .