What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Brian potter

Bench
NRL have no financial interest in crowds at suburban grounds, except in the finals. It looks full on TV, so they're happy.
Maybe at leichhardt oval or campbelltown this could be true but not at shark park were row after row of empty blue seats at a “sellout“ looks hideous.

it just cheapens the overall product of the NRL for me.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Can you identify the level of away team supporters at this point of the stats?
Not really, but the Broncos have sold out a significant percentage of levels 3, 5, and the centreline bays of level 6 through memberships, so the away support won't be that high in those areas.

Other than the designated away bay in section 317, there will be the odd away support around the place, though.

yakstorm

First Grade
The Dolphins just really need to recategorise those seats in the lower bowl corners as 'red' and then open level 5 north as 'silver'. They are blowing a 25-28k crowd and will end up with 22-23kish IMO.

The Broncos giving away huge volumes of tickets in the 90s was helpful for building a fanbase, they should really be trying to entice people with much cheaper seats.
Agree. Unfortunately I don't think they will change anything until next year at the earliest. Last year was 'too easy' for them to attract crowds (I mean their lowest at Lang last year was 22,034 and they averaged 32,250) and whilst they would have anticipated a drop for second year, I don't think they appreciated that the opposition can have a significant impact on Brisbane crowds.

Vlad59

Juniors
I’m going to my first (new) Allianz match soon. Chooks vs Dragons on 7/7 with Son in Law and his Dad (both Chooks). He has bought tickets in Bay 228.

Looking forward to the day, not so much the result.
It’s a great stadium mate. I rate it over Suncorp tbh.

yakstorm

First Grade
Dolphins have opened up additional bays on Level 5 with 515 - 517 on sale (though there isn't much in 515 anymore). Tickets, encouragingly, seem to be moving throughout the ground, definitely selling better than the Sea Eagles, Knights & Tigers games.

Titans game has me most excited. Since moving to Ticketmaster, I don't think I've seen any significant sales in Bays 18 - 22, but for the Warriors game, it appears that all bar the back 5 - 7 rows have gone. Would love to hear @APPSY take on whether we could be pushing high teens for the game.

shewi6

Juniors
Dolphins have opened up additional bays on Level 5 with 515 - 517 on sale (though there isn't much in 515 anymore). Tickets, encouragingly, seem to be moving throughout the ground, definitely selling better than the Sea Eagles, Knights & Tigers games.

Titans game has me most excited. Since moving to Ticketmaster, I don't think I've seen any significant sales in Bays 18 - 22, but for the Warriors game, it appears that all bar the back 5 - 7 rows have gone. Would love to hear @APPSY take on whether we could be pushing high teens for the game.
Lets hope the stadium members turn up for the dolphins.
A top 4 clash like this against melbourne really should be a minimum of 30k imo, though origin week won't help.

The titans could crack 20k, I remember the warriors always draw well there even when they were the worriers and not the wahs.

Wb1234

Referee
Why would you find it amusing to have a stadium that even some super league clubs would find embarrassing?
Sharksa
Lets hope the stadium members turn up for the dolphins.
A top 4 clash like this against melbourne really should be a minimum of 30k imo, though origin week won't help.

The titans could crack 20k, I remember the warriors always draw well there even when they were the worriers and not the wahs.

Stupid nrl scheduling the game during origin

thats one of the dolphins blockbuster games

yakstorm

First Grade
Unsurprisingly Women's Origin in Townsville is selling strongly and easily over 20K has been sold for Thursday week.

Outside of the corners in the upper grandstand most parts of the venue have limited availability or are down to single seats.

Series is well on track for an aggregate audience above 75K.

Bukowski

Juniors
Unsurprisingly Women's Origin in Townsville is selling strongly and easily over 20K has been sold for Thursday week.

Outside of the corners in the upper grandstand most parts of the venue have limited availability or are down to single seats.

Series is well on track for an aggregate audience above 75K.
Outstanding. I would like women's origin to be on tge alternate week to men's origin. 6 weeks of origin games. Giddy up!