What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Wb1234

Referee
Didn’t realise the Andrew Johns stand is 21 years old.

hypothetically if they were to build a new stadium what about one in the centre of town or closer like Newcastle number one

T-Boon

Coach
Didn’t realise the Andrew Johns stand is 21 years old.

hypothetically if they were to build a new stadium what about one in the centre of town or closer like Newcastle number one
No. It’s too hard to get to (it’s a peninsula - sort of one/two train/s in then it needs to back out and another one come in).
They just need to grow Broadmeadow into a night life / apartment area.
No 2 could be developed into a nice little 10k seat stadium for whatever.

DIOGENES

Juniors
Why would you build anything near Newcastle’s CBD - stuck on a peninsular, it was dying before the earthquake finished it off.
Broadmedow is more central. The stadium‘s history is interesting it was built on an old airstrip as the centrepiece of Newcastle’s bid for the 1978 Commonwealth Games- something that never happened

Woody90

Juniors
They just need to grow Broadmeadow into a night life / apartment area.
No 2 could be developed into a nice little 10k seat stadium for whatever.

https://newcastleweekly.com.au/community-invited-to-have-say-on-future-of-broadmeadow/

Apparently there are massive plans for Broadmeadow to build a precinct including a new entertainment centre, aquatic centre, bars and 20k of housing. Also a facility to house junior male and female players coming to the knights from out of area.

Billythekid

First Grade
Yeah I think the location is fine. It would be nicer if it was slightly closer to public transport but you can walk from either Waratah or Broadmeadow station. Shame Newcastle is only just building more and more roads and becoming a car hellhole because some trams would be perfect in areas like this.

I do wonder if Newcastle is any chance of getting a shiny new stadium. Don’t get me wrong I f**king love the hill but the area deserves more investment.

Reactions: Vee

yakstorm

First Grade
Some sales traction out at Penrith today with the part of the Family Hill that permits alcohol selling out. Heavy rain finished early this morning, though there is the occasional piece of drizzle passing by. Hopefully the meh weather doesn't deter members.

DIOGENES

Juniors
Yeah I think the location is fine. It would be nicer if it was slightly closer to public transport but you can walk from either Waratah or Broadmeadow station. Shame Newcastle is only just building more and more roads and becoming a car hellhole because some trams would be perfect in areas like this.

I do wonder if Newcastle is any chance of getting a shiny new stadium. Don’t get me wrong I f**king love the hill but the area deserves more investment.
When I went to school near there the tracks of a railway line were still next to the stadium.
Might be like the Sydney CBD tram line; the first thing they found when they dug up the road was the old tram lines.

kurt faulk

Coach
Gong isn’t much better

this is a dragons thing their fan base has fallen off a cliff due to a decade of poor management

I know loads of Sydney dragons fans and none go to games anymore

It's a miracle any of them turn up.

They've had the burper, the drunk for 8 years (8 freaking years) and then Peter griffin. That's 12 years of ineptitude.

After halfway through the drunk's tenure I stopped watching saints games on TV, let alone go to games.

Flanagan is building trust in the saints fans. I'm betting next year will see better crowds.

Vlad59

Juniors
It's a miracle any of them turn up.

They've had the burper, the drunk for 8 years (8 freaking years) and then Peter griffin. That's 12 years of ineptitude.

After halfway through the drunk's tenure I stopped watching saints games on TV, let alone go to games.

Flanagan is building trust in the saints fans. I'm betting next year will see better crowds.

During SOO we just have to accept a hit in crowds especially given it’s winter and it’s wet. I didn’t expect any more there today. 10000 would have been a surprise v the Dolphins this time of the season

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Still dragons are in the 8 now they should really start to improve their crowds. They have the dogs next at kogorah if that’s not a huge crowd then what is the point of playing there.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Kogarah and Wollongong will both be full again soon with the Dragons on the rise. 10 years of being shit has a lot to do with it.

The Dogs game will sell out if it's good weather. Both teams will be vying for a spot in the bottom of the 8.