What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

yobbo84

Coach
Even more impressive for 2024 imo as they didn't host the anzac day game, but now the game against souths is even bigger at the new sfs than it was at the old stadium.

Shows the value in creating event games that will draw a crowd without the weather or form impacting it too much.
It's criminal our home game vs the Roosters is still at Accor

It's a walk up 35k crowd for both games of the year if they're Allianz... get with it Venues NSW

shewi6

Juniors
It's criminal our home game vs the Roosters is still at Accor

It's a walk up 35k crowd for both games of the year if they're Allianz... get with it Venues NSW
Especially now that both stadiums are under the same management.

I think that souths support has been proven to not just be confined their original area and is more widespread.

If one team could make a split work it would be souths imo.
Of the 10 sydney games they usually have, 4 should be at accor between the other western sydney clubs and make them reciprocal rights games for members.
Leaves 6 for allianz against east sydney teams and interstate teams where hopefully the quality of the stadium gives those games a boost.

Accor - dogs, tigers, parra, penrith could average 25k+ easily even when not hosting easter friday.

Allianz - at least roosters and dragons each year plus whatever other teams they draw could do 20k+ average as well.

yobbo84

Coach
Especially now that both stadiums are under the same management.

I think that souths support has been proven to not just be confined their original area and is more widespread.

If one team could make a split work it would be souths imo.
Of the 10 sydney games they usually have, 4 should be at accor between the other western sydney clubs and make them reciprocal rights games for members.
Leaves 6 for allianz against east sydney teams and interstate teams where hopefully the quality of the stadium gives those games a boost.

Accor - dogs, tigers, parra, penrith could average 25k+ easily even when not hosting easter friday.

Allianz - at least roosters and dragons each year plus whatever other teams they draw could do 20k+ average as well.
Good Friday should remain at Accor... it's a proper rivalry

Everything else should be at Allianz

shewi6

Juniors
Good Friday should remain at Accor... it's a proper rivalry

Everything else should be at Allianz
It's a nice thought but the main reason the government is holding souths to the contract they signed is so accor doesn't lose half of its club games.

Between souths and the dogs there is only 20 games or less there a year.
They might be more flexible if say souths built all those western sydney games into 'rivalry' games and could guarantee a solid crowd.

The less low drawing games there the better and it has to be better financially for the government.

kurt faulk

Coach
If dads don’t want to go to the footy on their special day then the world is f**ked

Yeah, you'd think they would be pushing to go to a game.

Once we went to a game on mother's day. My wife wanted to spend the day with the family and wanted the boys to have a great time so we spent the day sitting on the hill at kogarah. What a wonderful afternoon. Of course it was 2011 and saints were pumping the opposition.

Yeah, you'd think they would be pushing to go to a game.

Once we went to a game on mother's day. My wife wanted to spend the day with the family and wanted the boys to have a great time so we spent the day sitting on the hill at kogarah. What a wonderful afternoon. Of course it was 2011 and saints were pumping the opposition.

My daughter had her second b’day at Henson. Kids rolled around on the hill while the ladies sipped wine and the blokes watched a decent game of footy with tinnies in hand. And it was all my wife’s idea too. I’m a lucky merkin sometimes

yakstorm

First Grade
Encouragingly Bay 710 on the Milton Road side of the ground has just gone on sale at Suncorp. Assuming sales keep going at a similar rate as they have for Monday & Tuesday, I imagine 708/709/711 should go on sale tomorrow.

Titans have announced they are partnering with NFL Australia for their clash against the Eels, including doing a combine at the ground, among other activities. Hopefully it helps move some tickets for the game.

APPSY

Juniors
Encouragingly Bay 710 on the Milton Road side of the ground has just gone on sale at Suncorp. Assuming sales keep going at a similar rate as they have for Monday & Tuesday, I imagine 708/709/711 should go on sale tomorrow.

Titans have announced they are partnering with NFL Australia for their clash against the Eels, including doing a combine at the ground, among other activities. Hopefully it helps move some tickets for the game.
Well I'd hope the NFL thing is helping move tickets because for some wack reason we have INCREASED (yes, INCREASED) the price of sideline tickets on half way from $97 to $120 due to the tickets supposedly being 'in' demand. At a stadium like CBUS, that is an absolute rip off.

1720557398791.png

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Well I'd hope the NFL thing is helping move tickets because for some wack reason we have INCREASED (yes, INCREASED) the price of sideline tickets on half way from $97 to $120 due to the tickets supposedly being 'in' demand. At a stadium like CBUS, that is an absolute rip off.

View attachment 90849
Ticketmaster is a much better system but routinely getting roasted (worldwide) for their 'in demand' pricing algorithm. Of course the vendor can turn this off - I'd write to the Titans ticketing/member rep.

I was looking at Australian Open finals tickets one night at 7pm and the cheapest seats were $799. Checked back at midnight and the same seats were $399. There have also been instances of people changing their VPN to random Asian countries and then purchasing tickets for half the cost.

mongoose

Coach
Broncos averaging 41,332 so far from 8 games.

Scores to beat: (averages)
1. 43,200 (1993) - 187,742 @ 46,936 per game needed.
40k barrier - 149,342 @ 37,336 per game needed.
2. 37,705 (1994) - 121,802 @ 30,451 per game needed.
3. 35,902 (1995) - 100,266 @ 25,042 per game needed.
4. 35,032 (2010) - 89,726 @ 22,432 per game needed.

Games left:
R19 V Dragons, Sat 7:35pm (Pre-Origin game)
R21 V Bulldogs, Sat 3pm
R25 V Eels, Fri 8pm
R27 V Storm, Thu 7:50pm

Highest this century locked in, 40k a chance, 2nd highest season of all time locked in. That record won’t fall until Suncorp gets increased in size.
Quite impressive considering it feels like its rained every f**king week this year in Brisbane.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Broncos vs Dragons sales have really stalled, unfortunately. Probably due to QLD getting all the news/media talk at the moment. Maybe 34-36k is where we will max out.

The good news is that we are shifting tickets to the 3pm Saturday round 21 game strongly. We could even end up with a near sell out, so this should undo some of the damage to our average from this game.

Not to add a caveat but to add a caveat, if we win the next two, it will sellout.

yakstorm

First Grade
So round is looking like:
Dolphins v Souths - 10K
Sharks v Wests Tigers - 12K
Titans v Eels - 14K
Broncos v Dragons - 34K
Sea Eagles v Knights - 17K

Would give us around 87K for the aggregate and a 17.4K average. Ideally would love to get closer to 95K (19K average), though not sure if there is 8K worth of uplift there, with most needing to come from the Titans and Broncos matches.

t-ba

Post Whore
Never imagined I would live two see the day Brookvale Oval was apparently insufficient for a bang ordinary Manly side lol.

I really would rather not have the Penns in charge of thia club but thet must be doing something right from a business perspective.

bazza

Immortal
Never imagined I would live two see the day Brookvale Oval was apparently insufficient for a bang ordinary Manly side lol.

I really would rather not have the Penns in charge of thia club but thet must be doing something right from a business perspective.
yeah - since last year they seem to have done something to get their fans to regularly attend games

Latest posts