What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
And the Perth game had no actual team from Perth in it to draw in the fans. How would the titans vs storm draw in Sydney at 6pm on a Friday night?

As always the double standards are ludicrous.
its a sht time slot for nearly everyone tbf. Apart from Panthers when they are doing well and Warriors as not at 6pm. pretty much every other game in a major city in that slot draws crap crowds. Its best suited for regional teams I suppose where traffic and distances are less to get to the game.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
What does it matter if it sells out months ago or within minutes of kick off? If it sells out, that is all that matter.

When I worked in the world of events, the old saying was any event that sold out early was underpriced and money was left on the table (same if inventory was left on the table, generally it was because the prices were too high).

Arguably it is more nuanced than that, but it seems like a pedantic thing to be 'disappointed' that they haven't sold more yet when they are still on track for a sell out, and when this game will rival the Brisbane Derby as the Dolphins most profitable game of the year.
I’m very pleased that Redcliffe is skinning Perth on this.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
6pm Friday nights work best for clubs with supporters who don’t work and there’s about 48 people in their town/city with cars, like Newcastle and Cowboys.

yakstorm

First Grade
Maybe a few thousand, at best for the NRLW here.
I was surprised with the turn up... it looked like tickets were actually moving leading up to the game.

Still 3,921 is up from 3,634 for the same fixture last year, so at least it is heading in the right direction.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Are you serious merkin?

You've spent years, and countless posts, deriding Sydney-siders for not attending live footy.......for that very fkn reason.....
yeh sure, I’ve never criticised 6pm Friday games at central big city stadiums. Saturday night Or Sunday afternoon? Yeh get off your fat lazy arses and go to the game.