What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

taste2taste

Juniors
Todays game is Sold out (round 21). Next week only has South Stand left (round 22). And their final game (round 25) only has South stand available too. I'd give it 95% chance they get that record.
Wowzers, that's incredible.

Any ideas how they do it? Their team is average yet they sell out every game including thier trail .

Do they have a different game day experience to Aussies clubs ? Cheaper tickets ?

Perth Red

Post Whore

Any ideas how they do it? Their team is average yet they sell out every game including thier trail .

Do they have a different game day experience to Aussies clubs ? Cheaper tickets ?
They priced their memberships very well this year, the cheapest in the NRL by a long shot. I guess that gives some buffer against form when people have already bought their seats.

1721957654860.png

Wb1234

Referee

Slightly below super rugby but some are more expansive

game day experience is unreal (from my tv box lol)

nko11

Juniors

As said above, presold memberships. As well as having a great atmosphere, means people still want to attend even when they're not doing well. Interested to see how it goes next year. If they can maintain the atmosphere and attendance culture, it's a playbook that every team should try to copy.

You just need a modest stadium, that feels full with 20-30k there and some form. Bulldogs form right now would be perfect to do this for next year. Unfortunately they play out of Accor. If they had an Allianz (or even a more intimate Accor) to sell 25k memberships to, I could see them doing even better than the Warriors this year, in terms of average.

Also to add to this. The Warriors fans are generally quite good at making an atmosphere themselves. Add in a little bit of the marketing department bringing in traditions and other things to build atmosphere, like the song after every win and you're on to a winner.

Take the Titans for example. Perfect sized stadium, bit of form and the marketing department of the club doing a good job with creating an atmosphere and we'd be averaging 20k in down years as well and selling out seasons we're in the top 8. Just need that one successful season to kickstart it.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Other clubs should learn from those child ticket prices. That’s how you build a fan base for the future.
totally agree. for clubs that have a load of spare capacity in their stadiums its ridiculous what they charge for kids memberships, especially in the better seats. Parra used to have free childs GA membership with an adult. They've sadly given up on that. Storm have a cheap kids ga membership which is good to see.

yakstorm

First Grade
totally agree. for clubs that have a load of spare capacity in their stadiums its ridiculous what they charge for kids memberships, especially in the better seats. Parra used to have free childs GA membership with an adult. They've sadly given up on that. Storm have a cheap kids ga membership which is good to see.
Agree or they should do them very cheap (like $20) just so they can throw in a piece of token merchandise or something.

Kids are a great anchor point for driving attendance and retention of membership as well.

If I was the Bulldogs or Rabbitohs, I'd be doing that & then making kids tickets free for pretty much every match except the public holiday games.

Billythekid

First Grade
Agree or they should do them very cheap (like $20) just so they can throw in a piece of token merchandise or something.

Kids are a great anchor point for driving attendance and retention of membership as well.

If I was the Bulldogs or Rabbitohs, I'd be doing that & then making kids tickets free for pretty much every match except the public holiday games.
For sure. As someone with 2 kids and maybe 3 in the near future going to a game of league becomes really cost prohibitive. This makes us all less likely to go and also makes our kids less likely to follow the sport.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Broncos vs Bulldogs is an official sell out - as we all knew and/or expected.

There are major track works on the GC line but the weather looks so good for once. We'll probably see 42-43k, but could push past 44.5k. As always, corporate sales and stadium member attendance are key.

Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 7.28.42 pm.png
Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 7.28.49 pm.png

jim_57

Staff member
It will be 3 sellouts this weekend with Wollongong nearly there. Potential for 5 20k+ crowds in Auckland, Townsville, SFS & Suncorp x 2, don’t think Wollongong actually holds 20k any more otherwise it could be 6.

Canberra and Parramatta might not be great. Parra season over and Canberra gets the 6:15pm slot again on a freezing night.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It will be 3 sellouts this weekend with Wollongong nearly there. Potential for 5 20k+ crowds in Auckland, Townsville, SFS & Suncorp x 2, don’t think Wollongong actually holds 20k any more otherwise it could be 6.

Canberra and Parramatta might not be great. Parra season over and Canberra gets the 6:15pm slot again on a freezing night.
Absolutely ridiculous that Canberra was given a game against South Sydney at 6pm on a Sunday in winter.

An early rounds FTA fixture would have done well crowd wise and ratings wise. Ricky could have stirred up the Wighton return factor too. The Raiders would surely be pretty disappointed.

Theknightsrule7

Juniors
Absolutely ridiculous that Canberra was given a game against South Sydney at 6pm on a Sunday in winter.

An early rounds FTA fixture would have done well crowd wise and ratings wise. Ricky could have stirred up the Wighton return factor too. The Raiders would surely be pretty disappointed.

I'm absolutely stunned with all these night games in canberra in winter.

Would midday on a sunday be a better time for canberra if they want 3 live games on a Sunday?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I'm absolutely stunned with all these night games in canberra in winter.

Would midday on a sunday be a better time for canberra if they want 3 live games on a Sunday?
I think midday sunday would work out ok. I'd rather go to a midday game there than a 4pm game even. But I don't have kids or much responsibility haha

Desert Qlder

First Grade
It’s clear a Perth team will lower NRL crowd averages. Poor stadium, tenuous attendance forecasts.

Don’t blame the NRL for insisting on the established Bears brand in case we need to pull out.

As for Redcliffe, get in, get off and get out. Dead set bandits. Perth didn’t even see em coming in 2024.