What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

yakstorm

First Grade
The Dragons game gets us to 139,321 for the round so far. If the Dolphins name 20,679 or above for their game, then that will be the 160K for the round, with any crowd the Raiders get just icing on the cake.

In the NRLW, the Dragons v Titans crowd was announced as 10,728.

RedVee

First Grade
So, if every ticket holder showed up i’m guessing the real legal maximum of Win must be around 19,500? Maybe 20,000 neat?

jim_57

Staff member
I'm sure Venues NSW had an influence on Wests Tigers taking their 4 games to CommBank versus say Allianz.

From the government's perspective they already have 3 primary tenants for Allianz (Roosters, Waratahs & Sydney FC), plus have Souths banging on the door. That, plus some of the other events they are targeting/trying to create ensures the venue has pretty decent occupancy.

On the other hand, CommBank only has the Eels & WSW. Penrith will play there until their ground is built, but from a NSW Government perspective they'd want another tenant.

Richo, we know, went to VenuesNSW prepared to take at least 4 games over 5 years to wherever he could get the best deal, which was CommBank in the end.

The problem I have with that is you’d think the Tigers should be planning what’s best for the club going forward instead of just the best offer.

In Campbelltown they have an opportunity to carve out their own market and get a nice little 20-25k stadium at some point. Allianz could then be used to cater for the Balmain side of the merger. A CommBank/Campbelltown/Leichhardt split is spreading themselves too thin again.

t-ba

Post Whore
The problem I have with that is you’d think the Tigers should be planning what’s best for the club going forward instead of just the best offer.

In Campbelltown they have an opportunity to carve out their own market and get a nice little 20-25k stadium at some point. Allianz could then be used to cater for the Balmain side of the merger. A CommBank/Campbelltown/Leichhardt split is spreading themselves too thin again.

The whole JV has been a bit of a joke from the start whose only saving grace is the most exciting three month stretch of football I've had the privilege of watching.

It's purse strings are controlled by a league club whose clear interesting is robbing pensioners of their cheques and view the football club as a nuisance, and it's still riven by divisions people in their late 20s weren't even conscious for.

Wb1234

Referee
The whole JV has been a bit of a joke from the start whose only saving grace is the most exciting three month stretch of football I've had the privilege of watching.

It's purse strings are controlled by a league club whose clear interesting is robbing pensioners of their cheques and view the football club as a nuisance, and it's still riven by divisions people in their late 20s weren't even conscious for.
Terry hill and hoppa killed that club from the start lol

Brutus

Referee
Yeah they're not great but making Terry Lamb the coach also was a very bad call.

As a club they've got a lot going for them they just need to harness it.

Paul Langmack was Lamb's assistant coach. LOL

Langers became Souths coach LOL LOL lol

undertaker

Coach
Given how cold it is in Canberra at the moment (-0.2°C windchill), any crowd attendance figure over 10,000 would be a success.

I honestly don't understand why Canberra don't play more home games in the Sunday 2pm timeslot during winter. Tonight is their 3rd home game in the Sunday 6:15pm timeslot

Last edited:

Latest posts