What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

ouwet

Bench
That’s great news. I went to the sharks game last night after purchasing GA tickets ten days ago as the rest were ‘allocation exhausted’. Four days later the stands were on sale again although very limited. I’m 65. I wanted a seat. Ticketek can’t be trusted. I’d check those availability again if I were you next week.

I live in Monterey so this game is marked on my calendar weeks ago, so I'm sweet for tickets lol...

Yeah anyone else keep looking ticketek are hopeless.

Vlad59

Bench
I'm not sure why you are so aggressive towards others and why you get defensive about this discussion.
There are some clubs that actually do let the NRL down when it comes to increasing attendances. Most clubs are doing their bit, but the Sharks with a capacity limit of 12 k just don't cut the mustard. You don't need to be defensive about that. Your thoughts would be considered more positive if you could come up with some suggestions as to how they could improve their average. I wish they could.
I'd love to see them averaging 18-20000 but the constraints on Shark Park are currently stupid and holding higher averages back for the whole league.
Your club has so much potential.
I just wish they could maximise the potential.
Don't come at me bro.
I just want to see the NRL be successful, and your club is a part of that.
You continue to whinge about the sharks and I’ll call you out. The game was sold out. Atmosphere was terrific. Yet here you are whinging about the size of the crowd. It was full. Here is some more bad news for you. The club updates make it clear we are coasting right now. The leagues club will be open in 2025 and capacity of the ground will be increased to 18000. I stayed at the nrl owned quest last night. Terrific hotel right on top of the ground. Everything happening around the club right now is right on course. Our juniors are booming. So continue to be disappointed by our sell outs. We are here to stay. And you can whinge all you like.

yakstorm

First Grade
Dissapointing to see such low crowds for the girls. Are fans just not as passionate?

Will it take 20, 30 years for it to really start seeing differences?
There's a few factors working against the NRLW games attracting bigger crowds. Firstly for the standalone games, there's been minimal promotion by the clubs & NRL (with exception the opener by the Knights), playing the likes of Eels v Sharks at Allianz also doesn't work for capturing local audiences.

Secondly, the games have had some pretty average timeslots. 11am Saturday, 6:15pm Sunday aren't renown for being highly popular timeslots for fans and then the 1:45pm game on Sunday is going head to head with the 2pm NRL Men's game.

Olympics being on has also seen games relegated to the secondary channels by Channel 9. Tonight's Cowboys v Dragons game was on Nine Life, which is 4th choice after 9, GEM and Go!.

Historically NRLW crowds get better as the weather gets warmer. The games returning to the main channel from Round 4 will also help from an awareness perspective.

11Straight

Juniors
GA is now allocation exhausted.

Game is a sellout basically now.

The crowd will have a significant amount of Bulldog supporters that will make the atmosphere next level.
This is why the NRL need successful Bulldogs and Dragons teams, when both teams are going well they are great for crowds! Just a shame both teams have been dormant for so long.

Suitman

Post Whore
You continue to whinge about the sharks and I’ll call you out. The game was sold out. Atmosphere was terrific. Yet here you are whinging about the size of the crowd. It was full. Here is some more bad news for you. The club updates make it clear we are coasting right now. The leagues club will be open in 2025 and capacity of the ground will be increased to 18000. I stayed at the nrl owned quest last night. Terrific hotel right on top of the ground. Everything happening around the club right now is right on course. Our juniors are booming. So continue to be disappointed by our sell outs. We are here to stay. And you can whinge all you like.

That's great mate.
I want to see the Sharks be successful and get great crowds.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Broncos and Warriors leading the home city crowd averages despite sitting in 13th and 14th and being absolute dogshit most weeks these days. Tickets for their final couple of games are very hard to get a hold of. A feat all clubs should be aiming for. Your games are events regardless of form.

Congrats to Newcastle too who are high on the list despite being in a similar boat form wise.

horrie hastings

First Grade
18k today looked as full as the 27k crowd of a couple of decades ago.

Gee that must’ve been squishy!
Used to be more room behind the in goal at the train track end of the ground where you could squeeze more people in ( but that wouldn't account for an extra 6,000 or so ), behind the in goal seems to be sheds of some sort now although today it looked they had a bit of temporary seating there also in the middle.

dogslife

Coach
Broncos and Warriors leading the home city crowd averages despite sitting in 13th and 14th and being absolute dogshit most weeks these days. Tickets for their final couple of games are very hard to get a hold of. A feat all clubs should be aiming for. Your games are events regardless of form.

Congrats to Newcastle too who are high on the list despite being in a similar boat form wise.
Being the only clubs in their city/country has nothing to do with it?

Vlad59

Bench
You can try and be funny if you like.
I'm being genuine.
I'd love to see the Sharks have a 20-25 k venue and continuously sell it out.
Isn't that what we all want? Huge crowds for the NRL?
Well I suggest you try acquainting yourself with reality. Across every major football code and comp except nfl clubs play in stadiums of varying sizes and nobody seems to mind except whingers like you. Even the EPL which has clubs ranging from 10000 to 75000. So enjoy that dose of reality and continue to be disappointed.

CAS

Juniors
Don't want to get into this old its all the sharks fault etc, we know at this stage of the season, table dwellers might get a few low crowds, that will always happen, i am pretty sure if the Sharks had a ground with a better capacity they would have more in it, i am sure they don't get 12 thousands crowds because that's all the fans they have, but what time scale is there to improve the capacity there? surely there is one.