What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

yakstorm

First Grade
So despite their season being over, it's nice to see the Eels are still heavily promoting Friday's game. Commbank is a hard one to estimate with because the Eels are notorious for holding back seats in key bays and as well there is quite a number of season ticket holders who stop turning up when the team is going poorly.

Regardless, there are indicators of positive movement. Platinum is down to almost no seats, despite the held back seats being released early. Gold only has more than limited seats in Bays 212 & 218, whilst in the Silvers, only the upper rows of 211 and 219 have anything more than singles, whilst most Bronze bays are pretty full in the concourse.

Hoping this game can get into the 20K zone, though won't feel comfortable until either a few more bays sell out or North GA is depleted.

For Dolphins v Warriors, looks like ticket sales have slowed a bit for the game unfortunately. That said, in the lower bowl, outside of Bays 301, 339 and 304, I'm not seeing much in the lower bowl, with the rest of the bays either sold out or very limited tickets. Still should see the Dolphins play in front of 25K, and pull their home crowd average back over 20K for the year.

Titans v Sharks looks to be having some movement and selling similar to the Titans v Eels game. That game got 16,670, and would be a great place to land for a 6pm Friday timeslot.

Finally Knights v Wests Tigers is comfortably past the 20K sell point. Not sure if it will sell out, but 25K+ isn't unrealistic.

Iamback

Coach
Haha you think they’re doing it for customers? They’re doing it as 1. They’re fans of the club 2. it’s a marketing tax write off and 3. they get a good pss up out of it every other week
. Difference is a couple of times a year instead of sausage rolls at shark park they get caviar at allianz.

And they will get the Caviar for the sausage roll prices?

Assuming they want to also have a few drinks with said Caviar.

They are then on 2 trains and a light rail to get there.

As opposed to a walk/uber from Shark Park.

That is why clubs are using these grounds, If it wasn't worth it financially then they wouldn't be there.

Again that is the joys of RL, Not for Sydney but Townsville only has 1 professional team, Canberra 2 and so on

Perth Red

Post Whore

That is why clubs are using these grounds, If it wasn't worth it financially then they wouldn't be there.

Again that is the joys of RL, Not for Sydney but Townsville only has 1 professional team, Canberra 2 and so on
Which stadiums are generating the best corporate sales? I'll give you a clue, it isnt shark park or LO!

Ever considered the reason Sharks have a local carpet shop sponsor rather than a blue chip company is the quality of their corporate facilities and stadium location? A box at Shark park would be a hard sell to a city based big company you'd think?

Omott91

Juniors
Round 21 aggregate: 145,585
Match average 18,198

SEASON
2024 aggregate (164 games): 3,155,868
Match average 19,243

Average home crowds​

TeamHome Avg
Brisbane40,710
Warriors23,698
Sydney21,849
Newcastle21,699
Dolphins19,614
Canterbury19,566
Melbourne19,223
Penrith19,032
North Qld18,715
Parramatta18,524
Manly16,251
Gold Coast16,231
St Geo Illa15,479
Souths15,258
Canberra13,259
Wests Tigers12,325
Cronulla11,622
* Note: does not include neutral venues

It's a shame that Newcastle had all that wet weather to start the year. Easily would have taken 20k off our yearly total. Would have been closer to 23k average otherwise.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's a shame that Newcastle had all that wet weather to start the year. Easily would have taken 20k off our yearly total. Would have been closer to 23k average otherwise.
Not sure this is isolated to just Newcastle, the bad weather would almost certainly have impacted Sydney crowds as well.

Iamback

Coach
Which stadiums are generating the best corporate sales? I'll give you a clue, it isnt shark park or LO!

Ever considered the reason Sharks have a local carpet shop sponsor rather than a blue chip company is the quality of their corporate facilities and stadium location? A box at Shark park would be a hard sell to a city based big company you'd think?

Again though for Tigers to not use LO, It is for them to have the discussion with their members and sponsors.

If enough are prepared to pay extra then of course you move but clubs should do it not the NRL

What Blue chip sponsors are not in game though?

Companies are unlikely to sponsor multiple teams or most are linked to clubs through board positions

Every club has decent sponsors but the bottom end is where the game day stuff comes into

Suitman

Post Whore

You don't think that if the Sharks (or Dragons, Souths or Bulldogs) moved a game to Allianz that Venues NSW wouldn't do a deal with them? Do you really think Venues NSW are going to charge a Wallabies rate to the Sharks? Lol.
Venues NSW would easily make money on holding a big ticket game there and so would clubs like the Sharks, Dragons, Bulldogs and Souths. 25 - 30 000 is better than 11 000 at Shark Park.

Iamback

Coach
You don't think that if the Sharks (or Dragons, Souths or Bulldogs) moved a game to Allianz that Venues NSW wouldn't do a deal with them? Do you really think Venues NSW are going to charge a Wallabies rate to the Sharks? Lol.
Venues NSW would easily make money on holding a big ticket game there and so would clubs like the Sharks, Dragons, Bulldogs and Souths. 25 - 30 000 is better than 11 000 at Shark Park.

I don't expect they'd be ripped off but Venues NSW aren't a charity they need to recoup costs.

What is a break even crowd for Allianz?

When the draw was done Dragons had finished 16th and Dogs 15th.

Hardly screams out blockbuster. Souths no finals last year and you are losing a home ground advantage anyway so a team will be less likely to move it.

So unless it is an event like ANZAC Day then a crowd can't be assured

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
I don't expect they'd be ripped off but Venues NSW aren't a charity they need to recoup costs.

What is a break even crowd for Allianz?

When the draw was done Dragons had finished 16th and Dogs 15th.

Hardly screams out blockbuster. Souths no finals last year and you are losing a home ground advantage anyway so a team will be less likely to move it.

So unless it is an event like ANZAC Day then a crowd can't be assured

Mate, I agree. When the season started, these two clubs were basket cases.
What I'm suggesting is that we should make these games into must turn up to games.
Put them into the best stadiums and time slots and then they are already an event. Unless of course the stupid NRL allocate these games to Thursday night.

They need to be games that are allocated to Saturday night or Sunday afternoons.

Iamback

Coach
Mate, I agree. When the season started, these two clubs were basket cases.
What I'm suggesting is that we should make these games into must turn up to games.
Put them into the best stadiums and time slots and then they are already an event. Unless of course the stupid NRL allocate these games to Thursday night.

They need to be games that are allocated to Saturday night or Sunday afternoons.

Yes but again. Making people travel further is robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Public Holiday's aside you getting people's life put on hold to go to the game.

I attend every Panthers home game now, next year at Parra is not certain.

Take Sunday, My wife works and my son had a party in Penrith until middday. The game was 15 min walk away I could go. That same situation next year.

So for me Parra is hard, Other Panthers fans on here have said it is easier. So you aren't adding say 10k to the same crowd you are adding 10k to 60-75% of the crowd.

When you add the extra cost then it isn't worth it for all involved. Full crowds look better on TV also

Bukowski

Juniors

It's more than 2 trains and a light rail for Perth fans to get to NSO.

Latest posts