What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

BlueandGold

Juniors
Its very unrealistic to expect a crowd larger than Dogs/Parra.

Its Manly after all.

They don't travel, the new metro probably makes it easier for them to travel so lets wait and see how it goes.

Anything over 35k would be huge.

ouwet

Bench
They only have every second row on sale for 401, that’s why it appears like that.

Crowd predictions seem to be watering down. Daily Tele said a crowd of 35,000 on track whereas Scott Bailey for APP says they are expecting 27,000.

NRL 360 Said 45,000+ expected

Billythekid

First Grade
Its very unrealistic to expect a crowd larger than Dogs/Parra.

Its Manly after all.

They don't travel, the new metro probably makes it easier for them to travel so lets wait and see how it goes.

Anything over 35k would be huge.
Didn’t someone post that the largest crowd between these 2 clubs is like 24-25K? If this gets anywhere near 35K it’ll be a huge success especially in what is considered a bad time slot.

The Doggies fans have gone rabid?!

Looking ahead to next week vs Cowboys temporarily...
- GA North unavailable
- Kennel sold out
- Ultimate, Platinum Plus and Platinum down to single seats on lv 1+2

1724760318270.png

- Try and get 4 x Gold seats and it sends you to lv 4 east:

1724760424377.png

Would appear to be another ~30,000+ crowd brewing

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

- GA North unavailable
- Kennel sold out

View attachment 93149

View attachment 93150

This is why I've been saying for years, it's not good for the game when the Dogs are at the bottom of the ladder. Ditto Broncos, there was one year they were both there, luckily everyone's crowd average was zero that year

ouwet

Bench
NRL360 hahaha enough said.

Well judging from what's available I think they're right this time.

All bays except 411 n 412 have been selling on Level 4.

Not sure how GA is going but judging from PAX numbers a few days back they're tracking well.

6pm on Friday will keep it down however unless no members turn up (Stadium and Bulldog Members who have tickets but might not be able to make that time) it's sold over 40,000 already.

ouwet

Bench

- GA North unavailable
- Kennel sold out

View attachment 93149

View attachment 93150

The Dogs heavily promoted the final 2 home game membership package over the last month... It looks like it's worked!

IF Penrith lose (Bloody South Sydney pull your finger out) and we win... The crowd will be massive if a top 4 birth is on the line.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
We've probably just hit 40,000 sold to our game against Melbourne. Nice. In a year that we've played so poorly, been crippled with injury, and half the games hit with wet weather.

The memberships team is going to need to work very hard with retention, though.
I can't wait I'll be at the battle of Brisbane and the Storm game. Loving the atmosphere at Suncorp this year. Hopefully the Bronx get off to a flier next year and the Phins keep gradually improving to keep the momentum going.

beave

Coach
Expecting a big crowd in Townsville on Thursday for Kyle Feldt's last home game.
Ian Healy was interviewing Michael Luck this morning on SEN and he said that about 23k tickets have been sold for tomorrow night but that would mean all of the out of town season ticket holders turning up to reach that figure which is difficult on a Thursday night.

Looking at Ticketmaster the last few days, a fair few tix have been sold in the south upper tier in the last 24 hours so it should be decent.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Ian Healy was interviewing Michael Luck this morning on SEN and he said that about 23k tickets have been sold for tomorrow night but that would mean all of the out of town season ticket holders turning up to reach that figure which is difficult on a Thursday night.

Looking at Ticketmaster the last few days, a fair few tix have been sold in the south upper tier in the last 24 hours so it should be decent.
Yeah it’s a special night for next Immortal.

Billythekid

First Grade

If it comes close to 20K that would be a great crowd IMO. In the past I feel timeslots like this produced terrible crowds up north (and understandably so).

yakstorm

First Grade
Southern stand is pretty much down to single seats now for Townsville.

Northern General Admission at Parramatta is down to the last 100 seats, with encouraging sales in most areas of the lower bowl. Member turnout will be the big difference between whether this is a 16K-18K game or more 20K-22K.

For Dolphins v Broncos, I count 4 wheelchair compaion seats left for sale in the whole venue, so I imagine the sold out sign will be going up shortly.

Family Hill (alcohol permitted) section of Panthers Stadium is now sold out and the match is trending for another 20K+ crowd.

Crazy round, 5 games pretty much guaranteed to get 20K+ crowds and another 2 in the mix. What a way to finish off the regular season!

Vlad59

Bench
Two top eight sides in Manly and Canterbury are poised to lock horns this week, with the fixture on track to smash the record books and make history in more ways than one.

David Riccio and Michael Carayannis

Canterbury and Manly’s blockbuster on Friday night is set to break all sorts of attendance records with a crowd of about 40,000 expected for the Accor Stadium clash.

The top eight sides will come head to head in what is expected to be one of the largest crowds of the season.

History could be set on two accounts, which include:

• Eclipsing the biggest crowd for a 6pm Friday game (not including Magic Round). Melbourne and the Warriors hold that record with 28,716 people attending the Anzac Day clash at AAMI Park in 2014. The next best crowd was in 2019 between Parramatta and Manly with 25034 people attending CommBank Stadium; and

• The largest regular season crowd between Manly and Canterbury. A figure of 25,771 people attended Accor Stadium in round five 2004 to watch the teams play.

The all-time record crowd for any fixture involving the two teams is the 1995 grand final when 41,127 people watched the Bulldogs beat Manly at the SFS.

Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo knows his fans are keen to see their team again.

“We’re really excited about getting home next week,” Ciraldo said. “We’ve been travelling around from Townsville, to Brisbane, back to Sydney, to Bundaberg and over to New Zealand, so we’re really excited to get back to Accor next week.

“Our fans are going to be really excited to see us play the style of play we’re playing right now. We’re very excited to get home.

“(Viliame) Kikau had his 150th game last week and Burto (Matt Burton) had his 100th (against the Warriors), so we’ll go back and honour those two guys and we’re really excited to be playing in front of our home fans.’’

Canterbury fans again took to the streets of Belmore to celebrate their win against the Warriors on Friday night.

The Bulldogs will face Manly without Stephen Crichton and Kurt Mann. Their ability to run deep into the finals will determine if Mann plays again this season.

He suffered a broken collarbone against the Warriors on Friday night and will require surgery.

He is facing six weeks out, needing the Dogs to push towards the grand final to play again this season.

Tigers bound Jeral Skelton is expected to come into the backline to replace Crichton.

Meanwhile, Sea Eagles are confident outside back Tommy Talau will return after missing the loss against the Tigers because of a pectoral injury.

Wb1234

Referee
Southern stand is pretty much down to single seats now for Townsville.

Northern General Admission at Parramatta is down to the last 100 seats, with encouraging sales in most areas of the lower bowl. Member turnout will be the big difference between whether this is a 16K-18K game or more 20K-22K.

For Dolphins v Broncos, I count 4 wheelchair compaion seats left for sale in the whole venue, so I imagine the sold out sign will be going up shortly.

Family Hill (alcohol permitted) section of Panthers Stadium is now sold out and the match is trending for another 20K+ crowd.

Crazy round, 5 games pretty much guaranteed to get 20K+ crowds and another 2 in the mix. What a way to finish off the regular season!
What’s your prediction for doggies game? 40k or > ?

yakstorm

First Grade
What’s your prediction for doggies game? 40k or > ?
I unfortunately don't think it will get to 40K. Pre-sales for the game are great and if the match was being played on Saturday or Sunday, I would have more confidence, but 6pm on a Friday will be a difficult time-slot for a number of Bulldogs and Accor Stadium members to get there for kick off.

I hope I'm wrong and they get there in big numbers, but I'm thinking it will be more around 30-32K.