What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

cleary89

Coach
204 games in H&A this year and the last record year as long ago as 2023.
The record average was last year - I don‘t have it in front of me but was mid 18k. This year will be low 19k.
The previous record average was 2005 @ 16,468
The previous record aggregate was 2012 @. 3153k - this year will end at over 3900k
Average last year was 19,640

DIOGENES

Juniors
Average last year was 19,640
thats the number given by AFL tables but he used to count magic round as 8 games. He has tried to do the same this year but the NRL didn’t release individual figures for each game and his figures are a bit of a mess. LU counted magic round as 3 events, which now seems standard. LUs figures for last year were aggregate 3,757,424 average 18,419. The article reported last night had a slightly higher aggregate for 2023.

DIOGENES

Juniors
Moving onto final series
The best aggregate is 353k in 9 games in 2015@ 39,323
BUT the best average is 52,326 in ……1963. (4 games over 4 weeks at the SCG and no live TV of the GF)

Last edited:

The_Wookie

Bench
thats the number given by AFL tables but he used to count magic round as 8 games. He has tried to do the same this year but the NRL didn’t release individual figures for each game and his figures are a bit of a mess. LU counted magic round as 3 events, which now seems standard. LUs figures for last year were aggregate 3,757,424 average 18,419. The article reported last night had a slightly higher aggregate for 2023.

Its a fun thing. Austadiums also counts them as three event and came up with a different figure to all of us,

yakstorm

First Grade
Great to see we smashed the record. I don't know how Allianz was only 22.8K today compared to some of the previous Roosters & Wallabies crowds at the venue.

Regardless a great round with 7 games over 20K.

mongoose

Coach
Yep I'd hate to be like the afl with all sydney teams sharing 2 stadiums. The best part about our game is we have proper home venues for every team.

I don't know how the Victorians do it with just the MCG and Docklands . It makes the comp unbelievably boring.

Progressively upgrading our venues over time is the way forward.

Thankfully I can't see stadium rationalisation ever happening in Sydney . The game is so much better for it.
is there any other professional comps where so many teams share the same home venue?

I agree, it makes that sport even more boring than it is.

Latest posts