What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

DIOGENES

Juniors
Done and dusted for H&A
— depending on who you believe it is currently about 40,000 over last year’s record. It should be at least 200K over the record after this week.

Last year’s finals were just over 329K so need 129K for whole year record. Take away 82K for the GF and you need an average of just over 5k in the 8 other finals. Other than an outbreak of Covid, I think it is a strong possibility.

Last edited:

i0Nic

Juniors
We’re pretty much at a 20,000 average crowd now. I think most of us didn’t expect we’d get here by 2024 just a few years ago.

And there is momentum for future growth. Many clubs have outgrown their stadiums. With a few more upgrades and the momentum for crowd attendance it’s feasible we could get to a 25,000 average in just a few years. Which I feel would be a sweet spot for NRL with its boutique stadiums mixed with a few larger stadiums and marquee games.

Wb1234

Immortal
We’re pretty much at a 20,000 average crowd now. I think most of us didn’t expect we’d get here by 2024 just a few years ago.

And there is momentum for future growth. Many clubs have outgrown their stadiums. With a few more upgrades and the momentum for crowd attendance it’s feasible we could get to a 25,000 average in just a few years.
I never in my life would’ve thought 25k would be achievable

20k was the absolute top limit I could see

EuroNymous

Juniors
on the kennel they said pax for cows game last tuesday was 29530 (probs lot of paid ticketed members) with the 2 games for 40 deal

reckon we will see similar crowd or bigger since its sat avro game so its easier for people to attend

nko11

Juniors
Round 27 Estimates -
Broncos v Storm - 41,000
Tigers v Eels - 17,200
Rabbits v Roosters - 25,000
Dragons v Raiders - 14,000
Bulldogs v Cowboys - 36,000
Panthers v Titans - 20,000
Sea Eagles v Sharks - 17,000
Knights v Dolphins - 26,000

Total - 196.2k
Average - 24,525

Hopefully a few surprises in there to push it to 200k for the round. Wouldn't mind if they did a 2 for one deal with the 2 Accor games. First 10k to upgrade from each game get to go to the other.

wain

Juniors
22,275 regular season average for roosters at SFS this season.

Great effort in a year where we didn't host ANZAC Day.
Respect where it's due. I despise the Roosters.

However the Roosters' growth in crowds and building of community in the past 12-24 months is really solid! Congratulations and well done to those involved. Importantly, they also provide a point of difference in market versus many of the other suburban clubs.

For me, the Roosters, Warriors and Storm crowds this year have been exceptional. Solid performance by almost all other teams.

I agree with most that the Dogs will prob be our next growth team as far as crowds.

Wb1234

Immortal

However the Roosters' growth in crowds and building of community in the past 12-24 months is really solid! Congratulations and well done to those involved. Importantly, they also provide a point of difference in market versus many of the other suburban clubs.

For me, the Roosters, Warriors and Storm crowds this year have been exceptional. Solid performance by almost all other teams.

I agree with most that the Dogs will prob be our next growth team as far as crowds.
Manly too

Brookie crowds have been excellent

Marlins

Juniors
Are we really expecting South’s/Chooks to hit over 20k?
I know it’s the old rivalry and all but jeez this is a hard sell. The last few Rabbits crowds haven’t exactly set the world on fire. their form on and off the field is going from bad to worse by the week.
Lucky to get 15k imo

Valheru

Coach

I think what's been lost in the aftermath of yesterday's game is how impressive that crowd was, it obliterated the regular season record between the two set in 2000.

Roosters have shown some initiative and tried to create a 2nd event game (ANZAC Day being the first) with this emergency services theme and the inaugural one was a resounding success. It has longevity in it as well as I understand it they will rotate who they honour (fire service or ambos next year).

Should be more of this by all the clubs. I'm sure there are plenty of themes and events to be taken advantage of.

t-ba

Post Whore
Roosters should absolutely be applauded

The crowds also skew young which is excellent for their future prospects. They are building the kind of support that kept the Dragons big for so long after their golden era.

Brookie needs more seats. I uhhh...have strong opinions about the Penns but I can see them doing something ridiculous like turning Brookie into Dana White's East Asia Thunderdome and getting it to 25k

Suitman

Post Whore

The Eels are averaging over 18000 despite have a really shite season and are also up there for pretty decent growth.
A year or two at the top of the table would see them averaging over 25 k easily.
Nothing to play for on Saturday despite avoiding the wooden spoon yet they still got 20 000+.

t-ba

Post Whore
They shouldn't neglect it. I have heard the 'demographic' arguments and I reckon they are bullshit.

It is entirely possible to get non traditional supporters of the sport into the game. Another thing I will credit the Roosters with is the fact they have a fairly healthy contingent of people of East Asian heritage supporting them.

DIOGENES

Juniors
Round 27 Estimates -
Broncos v Storm - 41,000
Tigers v Eels - 17,200
Rabbits v Roosters - 25,000
Dragons v Raiders - 14,000
Bulldogs v Cowboys - 36,000
Panthers v Titans - 20,000
Sea Eagles v Sharks - 17,000
Knights v Dolphins - 26,000

Total - 196.2k
Average - 24,525

Hopefully a few surprises in there to push it to 200k for the round. Wouldn't mind if they did a 2 for one deal with the 2 Accor games. First 10k to upgrade from each game get to go to the other.
203,500 and the H&A cracks 4,000,000 @ 19,608 average

Brutus

Referee
Sat arvo has turned into a really good timeslot for crowds.

Sat arvo matches really struggled for crowds back in the day.

Latest posts