What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

taste2taste

Juniors
The thing I’m concerned about with Vegas crowds is people coming in and out over the 4 games which I would assume many would do. It could mean the stadium has a lot of empty seats at any one time even if it gets sold out.

the biggest concern is for the fox sports televised game with the warriors and raiders. That one really needs to look full.

I wonder if they will incentivize fans to stay for the warrirors games somehow.
Last year Aligiant stadium didn't do hand outs, so once you leave you can't get back in.

I agree the stadium will never look full, no one will stay for all 4 games when it's Saturday night and you've got a once in a life time chance to party in the Vegas strip.

Having said that, the game with the best chance to have a big crowd will be the Wahs v Raiders, fans from the Super League game will stick around and the crowd will still be coming in for the Panthers v Sharks game. It's a shame the woman's game is smack bang in the middle, it should be the curtain raiser, it'll be a stinker with the Jillaroos winning by 50.

i0Nic

Juniors
I just don't think it's the right strategy to make it feel like a tentpole event by making it 4 games and mixing in super league. It will have a carnival day feel which is not synonymous with a major marketable sporting event.

People will come in staggered throughout the day. They'll head to the stadium bars. It's one thing to try to cater to the Aussies and Brits there but what about the Americans that we're trying to attract - what impression does it give? They're not going to attend a 8-10 hour league festival start to finish, so when do they go? They won't know which is the marquee event.

It's just a weird decision by the NRL. The double header format was great they should have stuck to that.

The risk is that when the fox sports game is on the stadium will only have 30,000 seated at kickoff, worse than 2024.

I hope I'm proven wrong and it's a roaring success but I'm not sure about it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I just don't think it's the right strategy to make it feel like a tentpole event by making it 4 games and mixing in super league. It will have a carnival day feel which is not synonymous with a major marketable sporting event.

People will come in staggered throughout the day. They'll head to the stadium bars. It's one thing to try to cater to the Aussies and Brits there but what about the Americans that we're trying to attract - what impression does it give? They're not going to attend a 8-10 hour league festival start to finish, so when do they go? They won't know which is the marquee event.

It's just a weird decision by the NRL. The double header format was great they should have stuck to that.

The risk is that when the fox sports game is on the stadium will only have 30,000 seated at kickoff, worse than 2024.

for the 10% of the crowd that are americans I dont suppose it matters too much.

nko11

Juniors

If they can presell 30-35k to Australian, NZ and UK fans and pack out the lower bowl, these people are more likely to stay for all 4 games, or atleast the last 3. As they've travelled that distance for the event. Then try to sell 30k-35k to US fans. A couple of events interspersed throughout the day will get people in early and staying later too (Anthems, Music performances, flyovers, fireworks, etc.)

By the end of the Super League game, you would hope there'd be 40k+ in the venue.

for the 10% of the crowd that are americans I dont suppose it matters too much.
Well it was 18-22k Aus, NZ and UK fans last year and the total crowd figure was given as 40k. So would have been looking at around 50% Americans. Which lined up with the sales in the weeks leading up. Doubt there were many Aussies buying tickets 2 days before.

i0Nic

Juniors
I’d say we need about 50k seated in the stadium for the wahs raiders game to bring the big game energy across on tv screens.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well it was 18-22k Aus, NZ and UK fans last year and the total crowd figure was given as 40k. So would have been looking at around 50% Americans. Which lined up with the sales in the weeks leading up. Doubt there were many Aussies buying tickets 2 days before.
you mean the 41k crowd that was actually 32k? Yeh nah yeh

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
The thing I’m concerned about with Vegas crowds is people coming in and out over the 4 games which I would assume many would do. It could mean the stadium has a lot of empty seats at any one time even if it gets sold out.

the biggest concern is for the fox sports televised game with the warriors and raiders. That one really needs to look full.

I wonder if they will incentivize fans to stay for the warrirors games somehow.
I could be wrong but apparently there are no passes out of the stadium once you're in. It was one of the concerns of having four games.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Unlikely, they’d need all the right teams at home against all the right opponents. Probably a regional game thrown in there for good measure.

This would go close

Warriors v Canberra
Sharks v tigers
Dolphins v stgeo (kayo)
Gold coast v bris
Penrith v parrmatta ( commbank)
Roosters v souths
Manly v dogs
Cowboys v storm

This would go close

Warriors v Canberra
Sharks v tigers
Dolphins v stgeo (kayo)
Gold coast v bris
Penrith v parrmatta ( commbank)
Roosters v souths
Manly v dogs
Cowboys v storm
Could do, it would be highly dependent on form and time slots. Penrith vs Parramatta would be better off at Penrith than Parramatta too. Roosters vs Souths would be the question mark here unless both sides are in good form.