What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

t-ba

Post Whore
Could do, it would be highly dependent on form and time slots. Penrith vs Parramatta would be better off at Penrith than Parramatta too. Roosters vs Souths would be the question mark here unless both sides are in good form.

Penrith is closed next year for redevelopment I think.

yakstorm

First Grade
For the other games:

Panthers v Titans : Southern Hill is now sold out, so only the non-alcohol part of the Northern Hill is left. Match would have less than 1,500 tickets now.

Dragons v Raiders : Gold & Silver is pretty much sold out (with exception of 10 seats). For Bronze, 9 of the 16 concourse bays are sold out or down to minimal seats. 5 of the 10 bronze stand seats are also similar.

Bulldogs v Cowboys : Club has just released all the holds they had between 401 - 412. Game is definitely selling similar to the Manly game. Should be over 30K.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
On the way to Suncorp, good to see heaps of Broncos fans still up and about. Honestly the way the Bronx and Dolphins are doing game days at Suncorp these days you'd go just to be a part of it. Even if they are running 16th and 17th.

On another note that is quite hilarious, there has been virtually no one getting around town in Lions gear this week despite their home final and potentially being the only Brisbane team of either code playing finals this year. Having said that I would bet that the Storm and Cowboys will carry more interest with the general punter in Brisbane than the Lions anyway.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm really shocked tbh at how attendances have increased so significantly and quickly.
We have spent more than two to three decades sitting around the 15 - 16 k limit, yet the game has exploded attendance wise over the past 2 seasons.
An 18 or 19 thousand average seemed impossible not long ago, yet here we are, so quickly.
Almost every match has become an event. Even Spoonbowls!!!
PVL has seriously changed the game for the better during his tenure.
The Bulldogs are a perfect example. Who'd have ever thought two years ago that they'd be getting 30000 attendances now for games that they'd previously just get 10-15k? Yep, nobody.
I don't think that this sort of growth will continue, but geez, it is exciting.

Vlad59

Bench
I'm really shocked tbh at how attendances have increased so significantly and quickly.
We have spent more than two to three decades sitting around the 15 - 16 k limit, yet the game has exploded attendance wise over the past 2 seasons.
An 18 or 19 thousand average seemed impossible not long ago, yet here we are, so quickly.
The Bulldogs are a perfect example. Who'd have ever thought two years ago that they'd be getting 30000 attendances now for games that they'd previously just get 10-15k? Yep, nobody.
Using the ‘AFL Tables’ site (and their attendance figures) NRL has increased from 16400 (the pre covid high) in 2012 to 20000 this year, an increase of 22%. Given the restrictions of certain grounds (including my dear old club) and the number of sell outs this year the sky is the limit if the scheduling can be improved and some clubs opt to play big games at bigger venues (eg sharks v Dragons derbies at Allianz)

yobbo84

Coach
Hoping, despite our season, Rabbitohs fans get out there for Burgess and Cook tomorrow.

I wouldn't bother going if I were a Roosters fan, so there's a massive chance that this could be the lowest (non-covid) derby crowd in a long time.

jim_57

Staff member
Broncos need 36,616 tonight (by my count) to get the 40k average. Regardless it’s been a huge season from their fans but it would be a nice touch to see them beat it.

t-ba

Post Whore
Hoping, despite our season, Rabbitohs fans get out there for Burgess and Cook tomorrow.

I wouldn't bother going if I were a Roosters fan, so there's a massive chance that this could be the lowest (non-covid) derby crowd in a long time.

I know I am a broken record on this but this match should NEVER be played anywhere but Allianz from now on. Even a gumbie fixture like this would draw well.

yakstorm

First Grade
COVID has helped a lot of sports enjoy sudden growth, however we've definitely been fortunate to have a few other factors at play which have also helped pull up the average.

The first is new venues. Townsville, Parramatta & Moore Park all opening recently has helped the Cowboys, Eels & Roosters enjoy some of their best crowds in years. Brookvale getting a new grandstand has also been a catalyst for helping Manly grow their crowds as well.

Dolphins joining the competition has also helped. Having another team that in itself is able to draw over 20K but also give the likes of Brisbane & Nth Qld another guaranteed sell out only helps push things up.

Warriors started to get their act together pre-COVID when it came to crowds, drastically reducing their membership prices & investing in game day with the intention of trying to fill their ground regularly. Credit to then when they returned to NZ post COVID they stuck to the strategy & it has been paying off.

The trick for the sport now is to try & consolidate this growth and make it the new baseline, whilst continuing to get other venues updates or rebuilt. The new Panthers Stadium will help Penrith's average lift over the 20K mark, construction at Cronulla finally finishing will at least move them up from their current 11K average, but ideally the NRL should be working out other targets to help drive investment.

Brutus

Referee
On the way to Suncorp, good to see heaps of Broncos fans still up and about. Honestly the way the Bronx and Dolphins are doing game days at Suncorp these days you'd go just to be a part of it. Even if they are running 16th and 17th.

On another note that is quite hilarious, there has been virtually no one getting around town in Lions gear this week despite their home final and potentially being the only Brisbane team of either code playing finals this year. Having said that I would bet that the Storm and Cowboys will carry more interest with the general punter in Brisbane than the Lions anyway.
People look silly in singlets anyway.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
35,086 @Suncorp

f**k.

The Broncos called it 'Thank You Members Round' however the members said 'no thankyou'.

Last edited:

It's Been Done

Juniors

Broncos home average at Suncorp by RLP count: 39,873
Damn, just short of overtaking the AFL's Adelaide who averaged 40,821 this year, which means they finish with the 7th highest average attendance out of all the teams in top level football in Australia this year, beating a remarkable 11 AFL teams. But still it's the Broncos best year since moving back to Suncorp and the best since 1993

Latest posts