What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Iamback

Coach
Well hopefully there is a lot more like my son and I. We`re going but haven`t been in a rush to buy our tickets knowing that there`s not going to be a problem getting some.

A lot would be in this boat. Waiting for the 2 for 1.
Sunny day as opposed to the wet one they predicted should help

yakstorm

First Grade
Few more bays now down to single seats compared to earlier in the week. Hopefully the weather holds out for tonight. Panthers end of the ground seems to selling a lot better than Sharks.

1727488864008.png

wgd

Juniors
Yep. If they have a run of a few years missing the finals, I think they average like 10-12k.

This is such a cop-out. The Storm had their best season average ever the season they were forced to play for no points.

Out of Sydney teams like Melbourne, Brisbane, Cowboys, Warriors etc don't have these massive doubling or halving of crowds from one good year to a bad year, they actually support their team.

The majority of Sydney fans are just bandwagoners, only jumping on in good years and nowhere to be seen as soon as they miss the 8.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
This is such a cop-out. The Storm had their best season average ever the season they were forced to play for no points.

Out of Sydney teams like Melbourne, Brisbane, Cowboys, Warriors etc don't have these massive doubling or halving of crowds from one good year to a bad year, they actually support their team.

The majority of Sydney fans are just bandwagoners, only jumping on in good years and nowhere to be seen as soon as they miss the 8.
2010 was always going to be their new average attendance record due to the opening of AAMI Park. The $1 tickets for the last home game propped it up in any case.

My opinions is that if Melbourne fall in a hole, so will their attendances. Happy to be proven wrong but we won't see that until (if) they actually do.

Good Friday (no afl) and ANZAC Day drew north of 20k at the Etihad. Once they moved to AAMI they had a big crowd to open with then were immediately pulling 9-11k.

Prior to 2010 the storm played at a smaller venue

Billythekid

First Grade
2010 was always going to be their new average attendance record due to the opening of AAMI Park. The $1 tickets for the last home game propped it up in any case.

My opinions is that if Melbourne fall in a hole, so will their attendances. Happy to be proven wrong but we won't see that until (if) they actually do.
All teams in the comp see their crowd average drop when they do bad, that’s unquestionable. Personally I think there is no reason to think storm crowds would suddenly become the worst in the comp due to a bad run of form. Storm have a lot going for them that would prevent that. Great stadium, great public transport, no competition for fans of any version of rugby, the fan base largely being more devoted fans (there isn’t the casual fan base to fuel crowds like there is in rugby league heartlands).

Crowds would drop but it would take something crazy happening for crowds to drop back down to 10K-11K, that’s wishful thinking.