What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Putrid crowd.
And I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask about the gf attendance. It’s a really hard sell when a few Penrith fans might be a bit blasé about their success (this is their 5th gf in a row!) and they don’t have a huge fan base.
Melbourne is obviously an even harder sell cause it’s a Sunday night game with no public holiday in Melbourne on Monday.
Add to that that these two teams have consistently been around the top for at least the past 5 years (since forever for the storm) and it’s really hard for neutrals to get excited, even considering the quality of both teams.
I hope I’m wrong but I think it could be hard to get heaps of fans excited for this one.
Point taken about the consistent success of the two teams, but it's going to be a cracking game

wests1

Juniors
Point taken about the consistent success of the two teams, but it's going to be a cracking game
Oh no doubt about that but the best gfs are when there is a team that people get behind. I think the raiders in 19 for example.
I admire both teams here, but I can’t say that I’m invested in either of them winning and that makes it less appealing to be honest.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Oh no doubt about that but the best gfs are when there is a team that people get behind. I think the raiders in 19 for example.
I admire both teams here, but I can’t say that I’m invested in either of them winning and that makes it less appealing to be honest.
Fair point. As a Queenslander, I'm with the Sunshine Coast Storm

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Based on what, champ?
Bellamy era has helped sure, but there’s now an engrained level of support down here. I’m not sure why people are wanting the game to fail here. Doesn’t make sense to me.
Oop not the Champ slur :(

Was a bit of a shit post, I don't want Melbourne to fail (I'd be lying if I didn't want you guys to experience an extended period of results pain though), but it's a pretty fair opinion. I mean, you didn't sell out your first final (came close) and you've not averaged 20k yet with a 70% win record under Bellamy.

Thus back to my first point -- if the organisation shit itself results wise -- I'd expect a pretty dramatic fall in crowd numbers (first post).

I know that you've got some engrained supporters, but the numbers are small, imagine what they'd be if you had results like the Titans. That's my point. Made the granny last night and probably 500 seats shifted from the GF map... Anyway, hopefully I am wrong, and it seems like we will never know.

Putrid crowd.
And I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask about the gf attendance. It’s a really hard sell when a few Penrith fans might be a bit blasé about their success (this is their 5th gf in a row!) and they don’t have a huge fan base.
Melbourne is obviously an even harder sell cause it’s a Sunday night game with no public holiday in Melbourne on Monday.
Add to that that these two teams have consistently been around the top for at least the past 5 years (since forever for the storm) and it’s really hard for neutrals to get excited, even considering the quality of both teams.
I hope I’m wrong but I think it could be hard to get heaps of fans excited for this one.
Here we go, let`s start talking down this one. This should be an absolute cracking game involving the two best by far teams in the comp. There is going to be magical football galore. Heaps to get Rugby League fans excited.

SouthsCountry

Juniors
The rain would’ve stopped a few from going but 33k is pretty bad. Perhaps games need to be played at 6:30/7. Makes it more appealing for neutrals or families to attend
Yeah, the other game's GF was finished by 5:30, could easily have started Ch9 coverage at 6:30 and kicked off at 7.

Interesting that the Victorian game always have a twilight prelim on the Saturday, is it something we could explore to make the game more appealing for those who have to travel?

Just a thought, and we'd lose some TV viewers which are worth a lot as well...