What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Jamberoo

Juniors
I'm currently in Melbourne and I kinda feel NRL is getting a little side traction if that makes sense? I'm seeing it on plenty of TV'S at pubs and met a few avid fans, see the od bit of merch.
I keep thinking " are we on the cusp of breaking in Melbourne?"
There's more RL fans here than I anticipated and in a city where being different is some kind of social credit, it seems like people aren't afraid to express an interest in RL which is what the AFL are truly concerned about.
I hope the Storm win today and Melbourne get the gf !
PVL hates Victoria too much to give us the GF, even if we pay $$$.

He is a Sydney/NSW man first, and a RL man second.

Jamberoo

Juniors
C

Could we imagine a day when the NRLW is stand alone on a Saturday night at Allianz/CommBank the night before mens GF ?
Yep.
Problem having it as a curtain raiser is that there weee very few Sharks or Roosters fans, so very little atmosphere.

It wasn’t a high standard game but a great comeback and close finish. Even 15k fans of the competing teams at Parra or SFS would have been better.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Disagree strongly.
It's " saint Pete" BTW
Leading Rugby league out of the desert.
Did you enjoy Origin at the MCG ?
Hmmm
Not sure what your point is about Origin?

I haven’t been to SOO @ MCG in years. Like most I think the MCG is ordinary for RL, but so too is ACCOR. SOO was much better at Marvel years back, but the extra revenue cannot be ignored, and Victorians are used to sitting a long way back from the action. Non Storm fans would not know the difference.

cleary89

Coach
At the end of the NRLW I told my mate its not sold out. At the start of Kid Laroi he's like yes it is look how full it is. Can still see a couple of empty rows. Corners on level 4. A row or two behind the storm supporters. A row on about 20m line on camera side.

Looks full enough though.

yakstorm

First Grade
C

Could we imagine a day when the NRLW is stand alone on a Saturday night at Allianz/CommBank the night before mens GF ?
I can understand the argument for not wanting it separate from an easy crowd and TV ratings perspective (NRL can claim they've had crowds of over 40K for the NRLW for the last 3 or so GFs and likely more than a million watching it this year), but I do hope they consider it & pair it with the State Championship.

Firstly, the current structure of GF day doesn't really work for fans of either the State Cup or NRLW teams to get involved in big numbers both from a pricing and availability perspective (60K+ tickets are generally sold before GF week, many club fans are fans of the Men's team first, Women's team second, so are unlikely to be open to paying GF pricing to support the NRLW), secondly there is more growth potential. 5:30pm & 7:30pm on a Saturday are better TV slots than the current TV slots and finally it gets rid of the awkward structure the GF has taken on to accomodate 9's News requests.

Using this year's teams you'd possibly get close to 30K at Allianz Stadium for the Newtown Jets, Cronulla Sharks & Sydney Roosters.

It's Been Done

Juniors
I can understand the argument for not wanting it separate from an easy crowd and TV ratings perspective (NRL can claim they've had crowds of over 40K for the NRLW for the last 3 or so GFs and likely more than a million watching it this year), but I do hope they consider it & pair it with the State Championship.

Firstly, the current structure of GF day doesn't really work for fans of either the State Cup or NRLW teams to get involved in big numbers both from a pricing and availability perspective (60K+ tickets are generally sold before GF week, many club fans are fans of the Men's team first, Women's team second, so are unlikely to be open to paying GF pricing to support the NRLW), secondly there is more growth potential. 5:30pm & 7:30pm on a Saturday are better TV slots than the current TV slots and finally it gets rid of the awkward structure the GF has taken on to accomodate 9's News requests.

Using this year's teams you'd possibly get close to 30K at Allianz Stadium for the Newtown Jets, Cronulla Sharks & Sydney Roosters.
As good as that sounds, there still needs to be some sort of curtain raiser match to the NRL Grand Final, whether it's the Jersey Flegg premiers vs the winner of the Queensland equivilant or something else to get some of the crowd in early

steeden.

Juniors
As good as that sounds, there still needs to be some sort of curtain raiser match to the NRL Grand Final, whether it's the Jersey Flegg premiers vs the winner of the Queensland equivilant or something else to get some of the crowd in early
Need to get the schoolboy cup final into it, even if it means the end of the state championship

Latest posts