What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

warriors 95

Juniors
Ticket sales today have been awesome - could be at about 30k sold already. They need to open up some more 'bronze' areas, but with good members and sales tomorrow morning - touch wood - 35k isn't out of the question.

It's looking like anywhere from 29-34k from here though.
Anything over 30k would be amazing and a great way to kickoff the competition.

yakstorm

First Grade
Nope

Remember when Samoa v Tonga was just played at Campbelltown and the crowd was awful

Maybe another time it was at Penrith stadium
The last Tonga v Samoa game held in the southern hemisphere was a sellout of 17,802 at Campbelltown Sports Stadium in 2018.

Prior to that the crowds were:
18,156 - Hamilton 2017 RLWC
15,225 - Parramatta 2016
12,336 - Gold Coast 2015
10,143 - Penrith 2013
11,308 - Parramatta 2010

Only other game Tonga has played at Campbelltown was 2017 versus Fiji were the crowd was 18,271.

jim_57

Staff member
Pacific Championship is funded by the federal government. As long as the deal remains in place I’d say it will be an annual event regardless of who is in & out.

Plus there is a promotion/relegation game this year so I’d say there are plans for it to take place in 2025.

Most likely:
1 - NZ, Tonga & Samoa
2 - PNG, Fiji & Cook Islands

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Pacific Championship is funded by the federal government. As long as the deal remains in place I’d say it will be an annual event regardless of who is in & out.

Plus there is a promotion/relegation game this year so I’d say there are plans for it to take place in 2025.

Most likely:
1 - NZ, Tonga & Samoa
2 - PNG, Fiji & Cook Islands
christ, if Aus bow out, bring France in. Play a game in Noumea.

The last Tonga v Samoa game held in the southern hemisphere was a sellout of 17,802 at Campbelltown Sports Stadium in 2018.

Prior to that the crowds were:
18,156 - Hamilton 2017 RLWC
15,225 - Parramatta 2016
12,336 - Gold Coast 2015
10,143 - Penrith 2013
11,308 - Parramatta 2010

Only other game Tonga has played at Campbelltown was 2017 versus Fiji were the crowd was 18,271.
If they ain`t the most obvious trend-line crowd numbers wise then I don`t know what is. A contest that has really gained traction.

Coastbloke

Bench
Appreciate everyone’s positivity but I’ve followed International Rugby League long enough to guess that 2025 Pacific Championship won’t happen..

I do hope I’m wrong because it would still be a great series and we’ll worth watching, but you know, International Rugby League..

yakstorm

First Grade
Appreciate everyone’s positivity but I’ve followed International Rugby League long enough to guess that 2025 Pacific Championship won’t happen..

I do hope I’m wrong because it would still be a great series and we’ll worth watching, but you know, International Rugby League..
There is that risk. The original investment from the Australian Government was just for 2023/2024: https://www.pacificaussports.gov.au/news/launch-pacific-rugby-league-championships

Hopefully that doesn't mean it won't take place next year, or if it is skipped for next year because of the England tour and they want to do something different, it is back in 2027 after the RLWC.

Latest posts