What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Dragons topsy turvy season on to 25.

since77

Juniors
Thanks Nana.
Yeh, I just googled it and it came up ha ha.
One has to be careful using words we don't know.
Whilst on peace keeping duties in a rough area we had to have an interpreter walk with us in town for security reasons.
As we walked around town he would introduce me to the locals in their lingo. The locals would always smile and some would laugh. I just thought they were being friendly.
It wasn't till later on that night that another interpreter explained that I was being introduced as "a big tall transvestite"
Hilarious hey.
Your story reminds me a bit of story I read in a biography about Bono. He was in El Salvador in the 80's and he saw graffiti scrawled on a wall that said "F&^k Jesus". He said to his guide that the people there must be really feeling defeated and demoralised to write something like that. The guide looked at him and said, "No not Jesus. It says "F&^k Heysus" - he lives over there and yeah he's an asshole."

Slippery Morris

First Grade
It's been a topsy turvy season but it has shown promise for next season. Especially that win against the Storm. On their day they can be a good football team. I am feeling more confident with the coach and that he will make the necessary changes to improve the team and get them to the top 8. SFlanno does not appear to be the type of guy that is happy to be around the 8 or avoid the spoon. This year he just needed to see what he has to play with and next season I feel he will make the adjustments required to make them finals contenders. Bring on 2025.

since77

Juniors
It's been a topsy turvy season but it has shown promise for next season. Especially that win against the Storm. On their day they can be a good football team. I am feeling more confident with the coach and that he will make the necessary changes to improve the team and get them to the top 8. SFlanno does not appear to be the type of guy that is happy to be around the 8 or avoid the spoon. This year he just needed to see what he has to play with and next season I feel he will make the adjustments required to make them finals contenders. Bring on 2025.
We finally have the right coach, now we just need the right players. Two of them need to be above average front rowers.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Can't be to cranky considering we went from 2nd last to 11th in one year.

Late injuries, Kyle's suspension and the floggings stuffed up the -/+ so we were always at the bottom of the field so, had to keep on winning.

Congrats to Su'a with his player of the year, hopefully a C next to his name next year, a A+ to Shane for the signings he got over the line for this and next year.