What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Dragons topsy turvy season on to 25.

since77

Juniors
Thanks Nana.
Yeh, I just googled it and it came up ha ha.
One has to be careful using words we don't know.
Whilst on peace keeping duties in a rough area we had to have an interpreter walk with us in town for security reasons.
As we walked around town he would introduce me to the locals in their lingo. The locals would always smile and some would laugh. I just thought they were being friendly.
It wasn't till later on that night that another interpreter explained that I was being introduced as "a big tall transvestite"
Hilarious hey.
Your story reminds me a bit of story I read in a biography about Bono. He was in El Salvador in the 80's and he saw graffiti scrawled on a wall that said "F&^k Jesus". He said to his guide that the people there must be really feeling defeated and demoralised to write something like that. The guide looked at him and said, "No not Jesus. It says "F&^k Heysus" - he lives over there and yeah he's an asshole."

Latest posts