What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 14-6 Melbourne @ Accor

Grand Final: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valheru

Coach
I can still remember falling out of my seat when Jared was walking towards the stage and they announced Simple Jack.

Sonny definitely had a good game as well in 2013, would have been happy with him winning it. Cherry was good for a Manly too but it’s tough giving it to a halfback in a losing effort.

2015 was a weird one, the entire second half was Brisbane defending their line and barely playing any footy at all. It worked until one freak play. If the Broncos held out then Thurston’s performance is remember as the mother of all bed grogans
I'm a big believer in giving it to someone from the winning team, let them and their fans have their moment.

Of the two against us that went to someone from the losing team, DCE was the weirdest as manly got beat 18-0 in the last 30 minutes. How you give it to a member of their team under that circumstance is beyond me.

In 2019 Jack arguably was the best player in the match but as we have discussed, there were two worthy recipients from the winning team. Then there is the infamous 2015 decision when Milford was the best example of when a losing player should have got it

Anyways, at least they are back in track since 2020.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I feel sorry for every Storm supporter that spent hard earned on flights, hotels etc to be shafted by a bullshit bunker call.
You are now official rugby league supporters.
One Of Us GIF

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Honestly the one thing I regret the most about that result is Bellyache will think he has something to prove and will continue to coach.

If Melbourne had won it, I am beyond convinced he would have announced his retirement within weeks.

Nutz

Bench
Why?
Honestly the one thing I regret the most about that result is Bellyache will think he has something to prove and will continue to coach.

If Melbourne had won it, I am beyond convinced he would have announced his retirement within weeks.
Why?
The NRL lacks coaches of his expertise and success.
He should never feel as if he's failed.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Whilst the vr totally screwed this and a Storm 12-10 lead makes it a possible different second half II’m not overly upset at the sht decision. Penrith dominated and were the better team. They deserved the win, VR corruption or not. IMG_2011.jpeg