What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 GF - Sun 6 Oct - Melbourne v Penrith @ Accor

Grand Final: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

• Penrith Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fangs

Coach
End of the day it's just a jersey.

Some of our all time great wins have been in pink. 2021 prelim against Melbourne comes to mind:

If the 2024 grand final is anything like this then it will be a screamer.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Cant see anything but a Penrith win.. Fowards is where its at, whistle in the pocket, they will struggle to get up field like most teams.. If Cleary makes it through the game, id say its over with 15 to go...

That being said, if Storm win, id be super happy for Ryan Paps, guys been through more than most and just all round good guy..

Congrats to both teams for making the Grand Final.

If you support either team you’ve been very spoilt to follow quality footy teams for a good while.

I think the Storm are going just that bit better at the moment and can see the Storm getting this one.

But would I be surprised if Penrith win?

No.

I wouldn’t mind if Penrith won. We don’t see dynasties very often and I’d like to see how far they go (un,Esther play my team) and can say that I witnessed it. It’s a tough pick such is the quality of the two teams. Penrith lose last year if not for the choke. There was a feeling of inevitability that the reign will end which just shows how hard it is to stay on top plus Melbourne are far more ruthless than last year’s Broncos. Then again, NAS is a big loss. It’s a coin toss but I’ll stick with Storm in an epic 2 point win.

MKCS

Juniors
Read majority of the pages and surprised nobody has said this but this grand final is boring to me, I will probably watch but Panthers Vs Storm, a team that has dominated and made the grand final for the past 4 years vs a team that I've seen dominate for the majority of my life. It'll be a cracking game of footy but there is nobody I'm emotionally invested in seeing win.

I would've taken legitimately any other top 8 combo. Sharks Vs Storm would've been super interesting because Sharks usually do great against the Storm, Roosters/Panthers obviously I'd have cared about, hell, even Manly/Panthers or Dogs/Panthers.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The 2 times these teams met during the season were snoozefests and the GF will be the same.

5 hit ups, kick to the corner and wait for the opposition to make a mistake.

Wow ! Riveting stuff.

Im suprised so many are saying it will be a boring game. Ive found both games theyve played this year to be great contests. I feel like 3-4 years ago both these teams were the strangle the life out of you teams, but now attack very well and a number of game breakers.
I wouldn’t mind if Penrith won. We don’t see dynasties very often and I’d like to see how far they go (un,Esther play my team) and can say that I witnessed it. It’s a tough pick such is the quality of the two teams. Penrith lose last year if not for the choke. There was a feeling of inevitability that the reign will end which just shows how hard it is to stay on top plus Melbourne are far more ruthless than last year’s Broncos. Then again, NAS is a big loss. It’s a coin toss but I’ll stick with Storm in an epic 2 point win.
Im kinda the same with Penrith. I think for the first 3 years of their run they were unrelenting f*%kswits, however thats really toned down over the last two years. Also no matter what you think of them you cant not respect what they have done.

This reminds me of the Eels/Panthers 2022 GF,Eels won the two regular season meetings against Penrith but got flogged in the GF.

Storm have won the 2 regular season meetings against Penrith this year but i expect them to lose the big one like Parra.

Yet it could be more like the Roosters/Sea Eagles GF from 2013. That year the Roosters beat them both times they played in the regular season, whilst for good measure beat them in week 1 of the finals series. So you never know.

Blues Riff

Bench
Im suprised so many are saying it will be a boring game. Ive found both games theyve played this year to be great contests. I feel like 3-4 years ago both these teams were the strangle the life out of you teams, but now attack very well and a number of game breakers.

Im kinda the same with Penrith. I think for the first 3 years of their run they were unrelenting f*%kswits, however thats really toned down over the last two years. Also no matter what you think of them you cant not respect what they have done.
I'm sure your change of heart has nothing to do with our biggest unrelenting f*%kwit becoming your club's marquis player.

Sime_11

Juniors
the neutrals want a close contest which this game should be - you dont want a GF to be a blowout- look at the AFL GF - 2-3 of the last 10 GF have been close (say 10 or less points), everything else has been a blowout, with alot of them severe blowouts (50+)

i dont see a Penrith v Parra GF repeat - Parra went on a run and just scraped into the GF against the Cows in the 22 prelim - whereas Melbourne have dominated all year and looked the team to beat.

neither team losing counts as a choke - they are both the best teams in 2024 and will play each other to lift the trophy yet again

Saxon

Bench
and the refs - stay the f**k out of it and let the players decide. penalise the obvious penalties - stay out of the 50/50 bs calls
Too late - Cleary has already f**ked that for everyone. There's a fair chance that either the refs will go soft on the Panties so us not to upset Cleary further, or they will take offence and penalise everything.

moffla

Bench
neither team losing counts as a choke - they are both the best teams in 2024 and will play each other to lift the trophy yet again
Reckon this is why I’m not nervous for this one. If we lose, it’s to a freak four peat side. If Panthers lose they can still hang their hats on a three-peat among 5 straight grand finals.

Latest posts