What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 GF - Sun 6 Oct - Melbourne v Penrith @ Accor

Grand Final: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

• Penrith Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Results are only viewable after voting.

soc123_au

Staff member
You mean like this one?

Latrell Mitchell leads the Rabbitohs to last-gasp victory over Panthers​

1 win from nine attempts. What a stud, Luke Brooks has a better strike rate against us.
Unlike an arsey intercept...
e1e4ce19b650649d6d127ca817bfc01c

speedster

Juniors
1 win from nine attempts. What a stud, Luke Brooks has a better strike rate against us.
It's a team game mate. This is the Panthers dynasty and well done but no one has a great strike against you lot.

I maintain Souths would have been better off with Mitchell in the GF side at fullback than not. His positives outweigh his negatives.

Last edited:

Scootsie

Juniors
Interesting video analysis by Tamana Tahu on ‘Over the Black Dot’ last night.
Penrith spine (Cleary, Yeo, Edwards, Luai) play quite deep off each other, while the Storm spine (Hughes, Papenhuyzen, Munster, Grant) tends to play very flat at the line with more lateral passing.

Black Panther

Juniors
Interesting video analysis by Tamana Tahu on ‘Over the Black Dot’ last night.
Penrith spine (Cleary, Yeo, Edwards, Luai) play quite deep off each other, while the Storm spine (Hughes, Papenhuyzen, Munster, Grant) tends to play very flat at the line with more lateral passing.
Timana must watch the games. Not hard to see how they both attack.

Anyone give a toss about this year's GF or is the Mitchell hate more important?
5th GF in a row. We have done the reps and have learnt how to pace ourselves over a long and arduous week. Through Wednesday you can be a bit light and frivolous as long as you have got the key preparation done (food, drink, location etc).

It’s not till you get to Friday (even Saturday for some of the real pros like @soc123_au, @Fangs and @Munky) that you need to start tuning yourself in mentally for the game. Go too early and you might burn out.

If you are struggling and I am sure some of the senior panthers supporters would be happy to share their wisdom; they realise that the privileged position we hold in the league is a responsibility as much as a gift.

Fangs

Coach
Its really about soaking up everything. You don't get to experience this very often.

I don't like to plan much in the schedule. Sleep in if I can. Maybe a light brunch for a change or a 6 pack of Coopers sparkling for lunch. Passing out on your lounge room carpet late Wednesday evening and missing most of Thursday is a good way to speed up the clock to the weekend if you are a bit anxious.

Friday is of course the important day. Remember its a long weekend so Monday is designated for recovery. I apply electrodes to my temple so I can be gently zapped awake in case I sleep through the comforting growl of Panthers alarm clock. Best you prepare early and buy your food/drinks so you don't have to leave the house for a few days.

speedster

Juniors
5th GF in a row. We have done the reps and have learnt how to pace ourselves over a long and arduous week. Through Wednesday you can be a bit light and frivolous as long as you have got the key preparation done (food, drink, location etc).

It’s not till you get to Friday (even Saturday for some of the real pros like @soc123_au, @Fangs and @Munky) that you need to start tuning yourself in mentally for the game. Go too early and you might burn out.

If you are struggling and I am sure some of the senior panthers supporters would be happy to share their wisdom; they realise that the privileged position we hold in the league is a responsibility as much as a gift.
Not at all smug. Good to see. [cough]

Latest posts