What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Grand final Panthers vs Storm

Should I make an early prediction?

• Total voters

Fangs

Coach
Bullshit..... we scored 3 tries inthe last 3 mins at commbank stadium, right in front of my eyes "all three", yet we play 8 games there and we aren't winning them all ffs please

Need to see the final squads of all teams.

I ain't gonna complain about winning 5. But I do think many are underrating the loss of our home ground.

age.s

First Grade
As far as I can see there has been little said good or bad about our friend Mr Klien. Well done sir.
Mostly stayed out of it. Let things go on both sides that would have been called in a regular game. Missed Sorensen catching the ball in the air off the kickoff before landing out, but Melbourne had a challenge at that point so only have themselves to blame. Strip call on Luai was dodgy, as was the bunker not overturning it.

I've seen worse.

Frankus

Juniors
Slightly off topic but Lindsay Smith getting a rep call up for the Roos is immense! So happy for the fella
Mate he has been outstanding since debuting. I certainly doubted him and thought he was a bit of a plodder part way through last season. But he has turned into a fantastic middle forward. I think he would be the starting 13 at just about any club bar Penrith, Brisbane or Cowboys. What a player.

Munky

Coach
Melbourne are a team built to score off set starts from penalties/six agains in the attacking half.

Ideally they get called for their ruck BS and the ref doesn't penalise their opposition to even things up.

Our game is built on grinding until a good defensive set results in tackle one being on the fifty metre line from a kick return. Essentially the same as an early tackle penalty but the ref doesn't feel the need to square up the infringement count.

In a way we benefit from Melbourne's ruck shenanigans since it removes stoppages for both teams and they have no long kicking game.

Munky

Coach
Mate he has been outstanding since debuting. I certainly doubted him and thought he was a bit of a plodder part way through last season. But he has turned into a fantastic middle forward. I think he would be the starting 13 at just about any club bar Penrith, Brisbane or Cowboys. What a player.

In 2022 I was at the game at Parra where we played the Tigers.

He looked lost wandering around behind the defensive line at times and was way off the pace. It was very jarring to see.

Crazy that he could have a Kangaroo's jumper two and a bit years later.

WestyLife

First Grade
Melbourne are a team built to score off set starts from penalties/six agains in the attacking half.

Ideally they get called for their ruck BS and the ref doesn't penalise their opposition to even things up.

Our game is built on grinding until a good defensive set results in tackle one being on the fifty metre line from a kick return. Essentially the same as an early tackle penalty but the ref doesn't feel the need to square up the infringement count.

In a way we benefit from Melbourne's ruck shenanigans since it removes stoppages for both teams and they have no long kicking game.

This doesn't get mentioned enough. The ref staying out of it is to our benefit. No one can go with this team in set for set football for 80 mins. Even their good players fail in their execution that 1 times out of 10 or the Dally M halfback who ran at poor half/second row combos all year has to run at Luai and sorro/garner coached by the GOAT in a big game and he has no kicking game to fall back on.

Munky

Coach
This doesn't get mentioned enough. The ref staying out of it is to our benefit. No one can go with this team in set for set football for 80 mins. Even their good players fail in their execution that 1 times out of 10 or the Dally M halfback who ran at poor half/second row combos all year has to run at Luai and sorro/garner coached by the GOAT in a big game and he has no kicking game to fall back on.

The Roosters are the same but no where near as good as Melbourne.

Only good when starting in the opposition half and rely on the ref for their game management since their halves can't do it.

I realised last night Robbo only wins premierships when he gets a two year rental on halves that already went to grand finals under Cleary/Bellamy.

WestyLife

First Grade
The Roosters are the same but no where near as good as Melbourne.

Only good when starting in the opposition half and rely on the ref for their game management since their halves can't do it.

I realised last night Robbo only wins premierships when he gets a two year rental on halves that already went to grand finals under Cleary/Bellamy.

Yeah surprise to no one both have horrendous kicking games.

Pugzley

Just unbelievable feeling. I have tried to explain to my 8 year old son that this is not normal that this may never be done again. He doesn’t know anything but success for this tremendous club. Whilst the run needs to end at some point, I have high confidence that we never go back to being the whipping boys / our cellar dweller days. I’m having a few cold ones just soaking it all up and watching a replay on fox.

We should petition the NRL to rename the grand final to the “Panthers Invitational”
The Ben Alexander Memorial Cup

Murraymob1

Juniors
Just off topic watched the dressing rooms after the game.I hope penrith put a complaint against Fittler in. To nine .While on air beer in hand he approaches Jessica fox and asks her to hold his beer.She was not happy and moved away from him