What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 INJURES & SUSPENSIONS

jc155776

Coach
f**king kidding themselves calling that a grade 2 careless worthy of a week. Do these merkins just pull charge gradings out of a hat? Or just target lesser known players? Reckon Ponga gets charged with a grade 2 for that clip?

DJDL

Bench
Stonestreet debut at home. Perfect.
or he puts Iro on wing and Sifa back in centres.

Stonestreet I reckon.
Can't see the second option being taken seriously.

I liked the Cam/Sifa rotation last night, and I wouldn't be moving Iro around while he's still finding his feet.

Frenzy.

Immortal
f**king kidding themselves calling that a grade 2 careless worthy of a week. Do these merkins just pull charge gradings out of a hat? Or just target lesser known players? Reckon Ponga gets charged with a grade 2 for that clip?
Well, it's an unfashionable with a charge on a fashionable. He's lucky he's not getting 10 weeks the way the stupid "system" works.

That rule has changed this year, can play from round 1. Only read that somewhere last night.
Just checked, you are correct. That one slipped under the radar.
They've made it so players on training contracts can only play after round 10.

Level of the cap
2023: $11.05m
2024: $11.25m
2025: $11.4m
2026: $11.55m
2027: $11.7m

Minimum $120,000 including Super in 2023, $130,000 in 2024 rising incrementally to $145,000 in 2027.

Each club can offer $100,000 on motor vehicle allowance (up to five, valued at $20,000) and has a $300,000 veteran/developed player allowance. A veteran is valued at 10 percent of salary cap value after nine years at one club and 5 percent after 10 years. A developed player is 10 percent of salary cap value if contracted for two or more years before their top 30 contract. I guess that’s subject to the $300,000 cap.

Clubs must spend 97.5 per cent of their cap each year from 2004, rising from the current 95 per cent. (That’s bad.)

Developed players (juniors) cannot be signed before Round 6 of a player’s final contract year. A developed player is a player who has been contracted for at least two years in junior grades and has played less than six NRL or State Cup matches. This is to help development clubs retain players and give them more time to assess players. (Raiders pushed for this, along with Panthers and Cowboys.)

Clubs must have 24 top 30 players by 5pm November 1. By Monday of Round 1 they must have 28 players in the top 30. 30 by 30 June (no mid season transfers after that).

Development player contracts replaced by “Supplementary list”. $650,000 cap for at least four, maximum six players, paid $80,000, can play from Round 1. Bonus of $3,000 for any NRL game.

Training contracts (train and trial). To rise to $1200 in 2024, $3,000 bonus for any NRL game, can only play NRL from Round 11 (ie after Round 10).

Clubs can promote players aged 17 to top 30 squads but can’t play until age 18.

Top 30 players can seek a release from their contract if dropped below State Cup level.

Relocation allowances outside the cap, eg 28 days temporary accommodation, one way travel for player and spouse, children, one month storage costs, removalists.

Milestone games. Debut, 100th, 200th, 300th, 400th and final games for players who’ve played 100 games and one full season at a club. Transport and accommodation for two family members, 10 tickets, the match worn jersey.

Any games. Six tickets for players in any game day top 18 player, two for other top 30 players.

Frenzy.

Immortal
For me, if Hiroti can play he's the best option. He's seasoned, low errors, steady and won't need babysitting.

Why do I say that? Well because it seems every time Jesse gets someone outside him he takes on a minder role. He did it with Iro in 2022, he's done it with Tracey when he's been outside him. Ikavalu. Ronnie when he was switched sides in 2022 for a game or two when Sione did his pec.

I think with Felix and Muzza Taulagi coming at your right side a rookie is a gamble, especially when your right centre is going to be unsettled.

That's just my preference though. Means next to nothing. Stoney has to start somewhere and/or Iro needs to keep developing which means playing where he needs to if he needs to. NMU has been working for the last month.

jc155776

Coach
Holy shit Keller only cops grade 1s for his tackles which were way worse than Sione.

What a f**king stitch up.

Club was cowards not contesting.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
I forgot we even had Hiroti still, I would play him if we could. Sounds like Stoney will get his debut if Fitz wants to go the least disruptive path

Ozzi_78

First Grade
SS “yeah but the boys are all a round me and yeah they are great the boys, if I get a shot I’m sure the boys will support me be yeah nah I’m not worried looking forward to it with the boys.”

You would not. You'd play Vea'ila.
He is next centre up, I can see him in 2025 team.
On weekend Rabbits scored try in NSW cup from our dropped ball, Vea'ila gave chase all way to goal line to keep him wide, that impresses me, I hope he keeps improving

dinghydi

Juniors
For me, if Hiroti can play he's the best option. He's seasoned, low errors, steady and won't need babysitting.

Why do I say that? Well because it seems every time Jesse gets someone outside him he takes on a minder role. He did it with Iro in 2022, he's done it with Tracey when he's been outside him. Ikavalu. Ronnie when he was switched sides in 2022 for a game or two when Sione did his pec.

I think with Felix and Muzza Taulagi coming at your right side a rookie is a gamble, especially when your right centre is going to be unsettled.

That's just my preference though. Means next to nothing. Stoney has to start somewhere and/or Iro needs to keep developing which means playing where he needs to if he needs to. NMU has been working for the last month.
well theres pros and cons to everything in long run I like gambling on the young fellows. Liked Hirorti and think he was unlucky but missed the window of opportunity.

Latest posts