What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos discussion etc

Nuke

Staff member
To be fair, the wordmark element in the logo was most likely, not an 'afterthought' per se, but most likely thought of late in the design process. The neck feathers would have been in place, and some minor alterations been done to make them into M & W. Case in point: they're not obvious and need to be pointed out to even know they're there, and even so, they're in reverse order and overlap.
I'd suggest that they'll make out it was intentional from the start to do it that way when it was more likely to just be the designer giving a speil to the club.

My first thought, as someone who lives in Perth, it does seem a bit similar to an aussie rules club's logo.
I like it, but it is rather similar.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
A logo for the Seppo audience, go out and flog Souths physically at the first double header, with the much loved Hugh Jackman marketing up a storm, with his good mate and #1 sexy guy Ryan Reynolds in tow and and it’s a great opportunity to win over the US audience before other teams even get a crack. TV ads with Matai and Taufua murdering merkins and we’ll be rich baby, thank you logo.

1fe54480-6c70-11ee-bfb6-5a95405c3b92-webp-jpg.80855
images

Hit The Post

Juniors
interesting to note that in other pictures of the jerseys on the Cowboys store the text under the NRL logo isn't highlighted in navy like it is in the main pictures where just the jersey is shown

Screenshot_20231018_170700_Chrome.pngScreenshot_20231018_170645_Chrome.pngScreenshot_20231018_170919_Chrome.pngScreenshot_20231018_170922_Chrome.png

Last edited:

Reflector

Juniors

gzerounian

Juniors
Eagles are renowned for their wings...built for soaring. Songs have been written about eagles wings and they are even referenced in the Bible. Why Manly would clip them (pun intended) is beyond me. However if we just accept the new logo for what it is, I still believe there are many faults in the way Manly have executed it on the jersey.

Firstly, if you are just going to use a simplified eagles head on a jersey, then why not use it in a similar way that the rabbits, panthers and dolphins use their mascots...without any text under it (NRL logo should do this too). This would allow for a much cleaner look on the jersey as well as a larger eagle.

Screen Shot 2023-10-21 at 5.10.45 pm.png

My preference for jerseys however has always been the traditional badge/patch emblem. One thing that stood out to me when I saw the new logo was the perfect roundness of the head. I would have placed the head inside a circle in a nod to past sea eagles emblems. Fans would have been much more accepting of the new eagle's head if in some way a little bit of the old was maintained. Hats off to Parramatta for bringing back their iconic 80's emblem and sticking with it for so long. Note, I have kept everything true to the original including the text font, so they could still use the eagle head on its own for whatever digital media it was intended for. This is just my suggestion of how they could have executed it on the jersey.

Screen Shot 2023-10-21 at 5.16.41 pm.png

Santino Patane

Juniors
Eagles are renowned for their wings...built for soaring. Songs have been written about eagles wings and they are even referenced in the Bible. Why Manly would clip them (pun intended) is beyond me. However if we just accept the new logo for what it is, I still believe there are many faults in the way Manly have executed it on the jersey.

Firstly, if you are just going to use a simplified eagles head on a jersey, then why not use it in a similar way that the rabbits, panthers and dolphins use their mascots...without any text under it (NRL logo should do this too). This would allow for a much cleaner look on the jersey as well as a larger eagle.

View attachment 81001

My preference for jerseys however has always been the traditional badge/patch emblem. One thing that stood out to me when I saw the new logo was the perfect roundness of the head. I would have placed the head inside a circle in a nod to past sea eagles emblems. Fans would have been much more accepting of the new eagle's head if in some way a little bit of the old was maintained. Hats off to Parramatta for bringing back their iconic 80's emblem and sticking with it for so long. Note, I have kept everything true to the original including the text font, so they could still use the eagle head on its own for whatever digital media it was intended for. This is just my suggestion of how they could have executed it on the jersey.

View attachment 81002
Wow, what a massive improvement on what Manly did, such a simple adjustment and it seems so more legitimate- well done mate!👍👍👍

beave

Coach

View attachment 81001

View attachment 81002
I really like this, well done mate.

Nice nod to the past Manly logos but has ability for the eagles head to be used in isolation for their social media applications.

GAZF

First Grade

View attachment 81001

View attachment 81002
Much better balanced, and the extra white helps correct where the 2024 design bleeds into the background.

The Pepsi-style wordmarks don't really work on an arc, however. A simple sans serif (like the 80-97 logo, but larger) would make it look less like a circular saw blade.

Now I know some people will think this appropriate considering the dislike they have of my club, but even I was gobsmacked when I saw my club has this product available for sale in the club's online store -

Nuke

Staff member
Oh, I hope Canterbury has something in their merchandise range like this too.