What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos discussion etc

flippikat

Bench
Some really good releases this week - in the whole pretty clean designs.. so does anyone know if there are any other clubs up for a revamp for 2024 (new manufacturer or just plain end-of current phase).. or are the remaining clubs jerseys expected to be as they were this year?

Reflector

Juniors
2024 Rabbitohs jerseys

gdrYuMr.jpg
c74NvOs.jpg
Wow, so much better without the piping and side panels. Sponsor integration is also perfect.

Hit The Post

Juniors
Some really good releases this week - in the whole pretty clean designs.. so does anyone know if there are any other clubs up for a revamp for 2024 (new manufacturer or just plain end-of current phase).. or are the remaining clubs jerseys expected to be as they were this year?
Jerseys whose design has been in use for two or more years as at the end of 2023 season

Broncos away
Sharks home
Sharks away
Storm home
Knights home
Knights away
Eels home
Eels away
Dragons home
Roosters home
Tigers home
Tigers away

flippikat

Bench
Jerseys whose design has been in use for two or more years as at the end of 2023 season

Broncos away
Sharks home
Sharks away
Storm home
Knights home
Knights away
Eels home
Eels away
Dragons home
Roosters home
Tigers home
Tigers away

Hmm.. from that list
I doubt we'll see any major changes to Dragons & Roosters home, nor the Sharks home - and weve seen Storm home is about the same.

So that would leave...

Broncos away
Sharks away
Knights home
Knights away
Eels home
Eels away
Tigers home
Tigers away

...as ones to look out for.. yeah?

Hit The Post

Juniors
Hmm.. from that list
I doubt we'll see any major changes to Dragons & Roosters home, nor the Sharks home - and weve seen Storm home is about the same.

So that would leave...

Broncos away
Sharks away
Knights home
Knights away
Eels home
Eels away
Tigers home
Tigers away

...as ones to look out for.. yeah?
believe so

Nuke

Staff member
From this Knights fan's perspective, I'm happy with the club's main, however I'd like to see a new alternate. Maybe a mostly red one of similar design? Keep the blue shorts for both kits.

The Great Dane

First Grade
2024 Rabbitohs jerseys

gdrYuMr.jpg
c74NvOs.jpg
How long is it going to take for the NRL to sack up and force the Rabbitohs to create a genuine alternate jersey that contrasts with their home, because it's got beyond a joke at this point. Taking the side panels away will make the clash with the Raiders home jersey even worse as well, especially considering that the Raiders major sponsor is red and white.

Basic shit like avoiding major clashes like this shouldn't be this hard.

flippikat

Bench
From this Knights fan's perspective, I'm happy with the club's main, however I'd like to see a new alternate. Maybe a mostly red one of similar design? Keep the blue shorts for both kits.
I think that could work. The last time they used a red alternate it was all red & the striped blue trim got blurred & lost at a distance - maybe red jersey with blue shorts &:red socks is the way to go?

Nuke

Staff member
I think that could work. The last time they used a red alternate it was all red & the striped blue trim got blurred & lost at a distance - maybe red jersey with blue shorts &:red socks is the way to go?
I wouldn't even change the socks. Just the jersey.

Yeah, in the mid 2000's, they had a mostly red alternate jersey. While the jersey WAS too red-heavy (the execution of the blue on there -from a distance- didn't help), it was the red shorts and red socks that they paired it all together with that was the overkill. Had they kept the blue shorts and socks with the red jersey, it would have looked A LOT better.

flippikat

Bench
I wouldn't even change the socks. Just the jersey.

Yeah, in the mid 2000's, they had a mostly red alternate jersey. While the jersey WAS too red-heavy (the execution of the blue on there -from a distance- didn't help), it was the red shorts and red socks that they paired it all together with that was the overkill. Had they kept the blue shorts and socks with the red jersey, it would have looked A LOT better.
If those side-panels/trim features were solid blue (instead of little blue stripes) and a consistant width of strip instead of tapered, I think they would've been alright... maybe with a single solid blue bar over the shoulders too.

To be honest, this didn't even look that great close-up, but there was the inkling of a good idea in there...

Attachments

• images - 2023-10-26T142123.008.jpeg
    images - 2023-10-26T142123.008.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 2

It's Been Done

Juniors
How long is it going to take for the NRL to sack up and force the Rabbitohs to create a genuine alternate jersey that contrasts with their home, because it's got beyond a joke at this point. Taking the side panels away will make the clash with the Raiders home jersey even worse as well, especially considering that the Raiders major sponsor is red and white.

Basic shit like avoiding major clashes like this shouldn't be this hard.
The Green V they wore against Canberra in 2018 with Black Shorts seemed to do the trick. Either that bring back the Black Minties Jersey the U/20s wore at one stage
43715-2018-alternate-jersey-copy-1300.jpg

Wallace_Tangiiti.jpg

LeagueNut

First Grade
The front page of the Warriors online store shows this as the 'home jersey'...
1698341517932.png

... but if you want to buy one, this is what you'll get...
1698341611133.png

Why the two very different versions of the same 'home jersey'??

The highlighted 'NRL Telstra Premiership' text on the retail jersey makes me irrationally angry. It cheapens the whole thing. Do other clubs do this as well?

Hit The Post

Juniors
View attachment 81205

View attachment 81206

The highlighted 'NRL Telstra Premiership' text on the retail jersey makes me irrationally angry. It cheapens the whole thing. Do other clubs do this as well?
cowboys jerseys had the nrl text highlighted in the retail but not in person

hellteam

First Grade
View attachment 81205

View attachment 81206

Premier league clubs usually sell a replica version and an "elite" version, or some other variation on that name. The elite one being the playing jersey which is tighter, more high tec etc. Perhaps it is like that

As a fan and someone not as ripped/less tattoos as Shaun Johnson I'd actually prefer the bottom one to wear. I don't need an extremely tight fitting shirt with grip on it. It would look odd to wear anywhere but on the field in my opinion.

beagle

Juniors
Where most jersey suppliers use embroidery for the NRL Telstra Premiership text, Dynasty use a logo / text combo on the one patch resulting in the highlighted text