What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos discussion etc

Old Mate

Juniors
I get the James Hardie nostalgia link to the golden era of the Eels, but why the frig would the club want to be associated with a company that has such a dubious past. Are they mad?

Matt_CBY

Juniors
For a professional league the NRL is bush.

Teams should have to stipulate what jersey they are going to wear and ot then gets approved by the league.

There are more in the know NFL fans than me but I know that if players aren't abiding by their very strict uniform codes they are told to comply mid game and are fined.

We look unprofessional.

That’s exactly what happens every Tuesdays. Team let the NRL what jersey they want to wear and it’s get approved or not.

Frank Burge

Juniors
I Remember the day those arseholes moved offshore so they didn't have to pay out most of the husbands they killed Scum bags Good luck with that. Breath easy aye
It must be lonely up there on your pedestal, after the game at blue bet stadium we can go back to panthers leagues club and piss away our pay on the pokies then with the little money we have left get some Jim Beam at the local Cellarbrations, hopefully the wife’s single parent pension can cover food and rent this week. Maybe look at your own sponsors before judging others

luv my panfas

Juniors
It must be lonely up there on your pedestal, after the game at blue bet stadium we can go back to panthers leagues club and piss away our pay on the pokies then with the little money we have left get some Jim Beam at the local Cellarbrations, hopefully the wife’s single parent pension can cover food and rent this week. Maybe look at your own sponsors before judging others
Poor Frank

Pjf04b

Juniors
What are you on about? MyPlace is an integrated home managent system, Oak sells milk, Hertz rents cars. None of them are gambling or alcohol.
James Hardie made their fortune from killer asbestos and then avoided their responsibilities by becoming a foreign company!

Frank Burge

Juniors
What are you on about? MyPlace is an integrated home managent system, Oak sells milk, Hertz rents cars. None of them are gambling or alcohol.
James Hardie made their fortune from killer asbestos and then avoided their responsibilities by becoming a foreign company!
So you don’t know the sponsors of your club ? Only the ones on the jersey. I’m pretty sure gambling and alcohol have caused more damage than asbestos to society. I’m not saying that what James Hardie did was right but every club is accepting dirty money that has caused harm to others.

Pjf04b

Juniors
And Parramatta doesn’t take money from their leagues club?
I’m pretty sure our jersey sponsors haven’t done the damage that James Hardie has. You can’t use Leagues club support, that both teams have, to try and legitimise JH.

Nuke

Staff member
Once again NSW ditch the comp logo and rock 2 nsw logos 🫠
It really isn't that hard, is it?
Origin badge on one chest, NSW on the other. Coat Of Arms can either go on the sleeves or on the back of the neck. If it needs to be there at all.

It amazes me most years these days how they can bugger up a simple plain sky blue jersey.

Nuke

Staff member
Remember this one from 2020?!

Origin badge, NSW badge (both on the wrong chest), NSW shield in the lower centre, CCC logo + game details in the upper centre, Kari logo, Tooheys New logo (all of these are just the chest!). Then you've got the Brydens logo on the torso and the big green monstrosity that is NIB logos on the sleeves.

And that is all before we get to the cluttered-as-f**k jersey design.

I do have this jersey in my wardrobe, and wore it the other day. When I took it out, my first and very dominant thought was 'Wow, that is one BUSY jersey'. So much going on.

I genuinely hope neither Origin side ever does alternate on-field jerseys ever again.images.jpeg

It really isn't that hard, is it?
Origin badge on one chest, NSW on the other. Coat Of Arms can either go on the sleeves or on the back of the neck. If it needs to be there at all.

It amazes me most years these days how they can bugger up a simple plain sky blue jersey.
I reckon they should do something like the "Glasgow Rangers" logo idea:
- On-field players get the Coat of Arms
- Supporters get the NSWRL logo

Make it special to wear the jersey with the coat of arms, players only, not for fans.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Origin badge, NSW badge (both on the wrong chest), NSW shield in the lower centre, CCC logo + game details in the upper centre, Kari logo, Tooheys New logo (all of these are just the chest!). Then you've got the Brydens logo on the torso and the big green monstrosity that is NIB logos on the sleeves.

I do have this jersey in my wardrobe, and wore it the other day. When I took it out, my first and very dominant thought was 'Wow, that is one BUSY jersey'. So much going on.

I genuinely hope neither Origin side ever does alternate on-field jerseys ever again.View attachment 88764
This is when LU needs the vomit emoji

I genuinely hope neither Origin side ever does alternate on-field jerseys ever again.View attachment 88764
Looks like a truck drove over it