What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos discussion etc

flippikat

Bench

Penrith Panthers is thrilled to unveil the 2024 Heritage Jersey – to be worn in the club’s last home game of the regular season in Round 27 against the Gold Coast Titans.

The jersey pays homage to that worn in 1967, the club’s inaugural season in the NSWRL, with the club’s foundation logo also featured on the sleeves of the jersey.

The match will be the final regular season game at our adorned home ground before the Infrastructure NSW commences major refurbishments to the Penrith Stadium precinct.

View attachment 89840
The Panthers have been doing a lot of things right with their jerseys lately - and this is another win IMO.

A nice modern take on the 1967 jersey, especially made for their last home game before redevelopment starts - and the old-school Panthers logo on the sleeves is a nice touch.

Blues Riff

Bench
Bet you they announce they're wearing it for the finals series also...
Nah mate , it's a one-off jersey specifically for the last home game at the old Penrith Park in it's currant configuration.
I wouldn't rule out using the Pasifika alternative for the finals though, especially with the departure of Fish, Turuva and Luai.

Nealo 12

Bench
The Panthers have been doing a lot of things right with their jerseys lately - and this is another win IMO.

A nice modern take on the 1967 jersey, especially made for their last home game before redevelopment starts - and the old-school Panthers logo on the sleeves is a nice touch.
Re the logo , your welcome

beave

Coach
Doggies and Penrith heritage jerseys are mint, well done to the peeps involved designing it.

Fingers crossed NQ do something 1995'y for next season........

Reflector

Juniors
Doggies and Penrith heritage jerseys are mint, well done to the peeps involved designing it.

They'll have a mint jersey with the same logo they had in 2020.

....Then in 2026 revert to the star logo, except now the Cowboys text will be in bright green for some reason...

MugaB

Coach

Love that jersey, I got the last one (away version 25th anniversary)
And the heritage '95... both great designs, they've done rather shit to be honest since they changed from them

Reflector

Juniors

Craigshark

First Grade
Amazing how much better it looks when the sponsor's logo integrates into the same colours as the club colours. And you can still instantly tell who the major sponsor is. Something to consider in future designs...

I’m sure it’s been considered and it’s all about $$ in the end

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Does anyone know exactly why the Rabbitohs came up with the current rort of home & away jerseys?

The story I heard was that it was to appease the home AND the away major sponsors (back when they were different companies) so that both sets could be on green & red stripes.

Now I'm not sure if that's completely true, or the whole story - but that reason is kinda irrelevant now MG is major sponsor on both, right?

Time the NRL grew a pair and rejected such a cop-out.
What an odd thing to get knickers in a twist over
This was the original reason when the Rabbitohs applied for the concession in 2007. Firepower was the sponsor for the home kit and High Concept was the sponsor for the away.

It was less of an issue in the early years as the Rabbitohs still had a true 'alternate' as well. In 2007 it was this black jersey:
souths07trial.jpg

In 2008, they had the white alternate:
souths08alt.jpg
The Black jersey looks like an under 20s jersey and the white jersey is just plain crap.

flippikat

Bench
What an odd thing to get knickers in a twist over
I'm not the lone voice on this, the Souths jersey rort has been criticized by others here too - and it's a valid point.

The NRL has been unwilling to properly enforce sensible clash jersey rules - and the issue could well be more pressing once we get expansion teams with coloursets including lesser-used colours like green or orange or (to a degree) red in the next few years.

MugaB

Coach
I'm not the lone voice on this, the Souths jersey rort has been criticized by others here too - and it's a valid point.

The NRL has been unwilling to properly enforce sensible clash jersey rules - and the issue could well be more pressing once we get expansion teams with coloursets including lesser-used colours like green or orange or (to a degree) red in the next few years.
Enforcing clubs to use their own colors properly, instead of a predominantly generic white or navy would be a great start FFS...
I mean if Newcastle wore a Red away strip instead of white, or Parramatta and Broncos wore gold instead of white, cowboys wore grey instead of white, Titans wore Gold instead of white, see the running theme here...
The NRL should enforce the next 3 licences to not use a white away jersey

More Gold solves everything...
1000001221.gif

... you know this

kdalymc

Bench

"Why don't teams wear their main colours all the time?!?!"

Nek minit

"Souths don't clash with anyone but they should have a completely contrasting jersey for away games!!!!"

Latest posts